Poll: Just an experiment

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
A/C is air conditioning. But if we're already on the subject of gaming, "AC" for me is "Asheron's Call". Mostly because the only one of the games on the list I have played is Ace Combat, and I never felt the need to shorten the name.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Animal Crossing, I guess. Actually I'd probably think of Assassins Creeds since it's more popular, but since I play Animal Crossing and not Assassin's Creed I'm just going to answer Animal Crossing.

Also, you spelled "experiment" wrong.

James Rednok

Apr 16, 2009
Armored Core 4, because it's the only one if those three actually worth playing. 4 Answer was pretty good too. I'm torn between the two for which is better.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Ghost Trick.

It's the only game where I can imagine yelling at random people how great it is being a valid response.

I'd just assume you can't spell and were really wishing they'd make few sequels since you didn't get enough of it.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
You should have added Arkham city and removed the 4.

I suspect almost everyone will say Assassins creed due to it's popularity. A more interesting test would be if you wrote:" GoW is my favorite series, though a little violent for my taste compared to other games in it's genre". Now am i talking about Gears of War or God of War?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Adeptus Aspartem said:
Of course Armored Core! And i always read Armored Core at first and then have to tell myself "No, no, no. They definitly mean the shitty Assassin game".

I never got the AssCred hype. AC1 was ok but mostly boring. Number 2 was even worse and it was also the moment i quit.
The story was kinda funny to that point but it was burried under boring fights and repetitive missions.
Wait, you didn't like eavesdropping on people straining to make out the conversation? You didn't like walking slowly behind someone making sure not to get spotted walking too close? You didn't like the fact that the plot was often broken up with irrelevant parts you didn't care about? How can you call yourself a human if that didn't make you squeal with joy?!

OT: I would say Assassin's Creed 4 because I haven't really placed any of the other games.

Sep 14, 2009
krazykidd said:
You should have added Arkham city and removed the 4.

I suspect almost everyone will say Assassins creed due to it's popularity. A more interesting test would be if you wrote:" GoW is my favorite series, though a little violent for my taste compared to other games in it's genre". Now am i talking about Gears of War or God of War?
yeah this one is MUCH worse. good gawd. I hadn't even thought of or seen GoW as god of war until I joined the escapist, literally everywhere else I had seen it for gears of war (you know, I think there was a thread on that already, I think it came out pretty even in the poll)

sir neillios

Dec 15, 2012
ClausGrimm said:
Ace Combat - kinda... suck?
Now you've gone and done it! You wouldn't say that to my face! You're lucky I'm here behind a keyboard and can do little more than all-caps AC: SQUADRON LEADER / UNSUNG WAR IS MY MOST FAVOURITIST GAEM EVAH!!!

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Of course, I'd assume that AC4 is a gunship version of the C-4 transport plane/plastic explosive.

Prolly Assassin's creed 4 seeing as it's the most popular at the moment. But context is important. Mixing up this sort of thing with my roommate (I was talking about the anime series "Kanon" and he was talking about the anime series "Canaan". Took us a good few minutes to realize we were talking about completely different things.)

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Other: "America's Cup" as in AC72

And usually I don't point out spelling mistakes, except when they are in the title. Most browsers come with spellcheckers nowadays.

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
Assassins Creed
Armored Core
Ace Combat

Animal Crossing
Accent Core (one of the many Guilty Gear titles)
Advent Children (technically a movie, but related to a game)
Asheron's Call
Assault Cube

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Maphysto said:
If I see "AC", I think "Alternating Current."

And I'm not even an electrician.

edit: Or "Air Conditioning."
Yes, if I've heard only AC, then my first guess would be electricity too.
In context of games- Animal Crossing (I'm more of the Harvest Moon type myself)

Sangnz

Oct 7, 2009
Asheron's Call is the first thing that pops into my head when someone is talking about gaming and uses the AC abbreviation.I guess that just shows my age a bit tho :p

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Alternating current.

Of course the number on the end changes the context entirely so if you said AC4 I'd probably assume Assassin's Creed since it's the most recent thing with said name.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Without a number (if you just said 'AC'), I would assume Arkham City.

With a number (if you said 'AC4', as in your example), I would assume Assassin's Creed.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Ace Combat, probably because its the best out of the list...

The others are indifference or I just dont like them. While Ace Combat was at the very least enjoyable enough for me to make it stand out more than these other games.