Poll: Just One Thing Wrong

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
A lot of people would be happy to tell you that the ending to Fallout 3 was a rocket chainsaw to the pants.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Bad Camera. I'm so used to it, and some of the best games ever (SoTC, for example) didn't exactly have great camera's. There's almost always a way to work around a bad camera. Make it faster, make it slower, something.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Bad AI. There a hell lot of games where people tell me the AI is a bad and I just notice it. Bad voice acting really gets on my nerves, partly why didn't like oblivion and I havn't had the nerve to pick up Fallout 3 yet.

Quick Ben

Oct 27, 2008
Bad graphics. It doesn't detract from the story, and if all the other things are perfect the game will be excellent.

Things like bad camera, or bad controls on the other hand, they're gamebreakers. And the other things work a lot more towards creating the mood than the graphics do.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
Graphics. Some of the best games ever made looked like they were from a console from the previous Generation, or even earlier than that.

IndieRocker

Mar 25, 2008
I only notice bad AI when somthing stupid happens like enemies running into walls or defender running away from the ball

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Bad music.

Good morning blues said:
Brockyman said:
Voice Acting for sure... If Voice Acting was a deal breaker, Bethesda would be out of business! Great games (Oblivion, Fallout 3) but HORRIBLE voice acting!
Really? Have you ever played Far Cry? Bethesda's voice acting is pedestrian at worst.

I picked bad music. Bad voice acting distracts me more than bad music.
Oblivion's voice acting was a lot worser than Far Cry's.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
You don't even need voice acting most of the time, unless you want to make one of those games that works more on everything else besides the game play. Next I would say Graphics for the above reasons.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
Altorin said:
JMeganSnow said:
Whoever picked "bad plot" needs to admit it so I can smack them.
whoever said Bad Camera needs to examine themselves as well.
I admitted it. Camera isn't that important to me. If everything else is great then what's so bad about a wonky camera. Would you rather have a bad story?

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
It'd be a tossup between voice acting and camera angles dependant upon the game. I can live with bad voice acting because in some cases it provides some comic relief or otherwise makes the game more memorable (See Resident Evil).

However if it were a survival horror I would choose bad camera angles because in some cases it can make the game more scary, not being able to see in front of you when you know that there's something there can be terrifying (See once again Resident Evil).

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
AI, because I find it universally hilarious when an enemy attempts to hide in front of the cover, and are very surprised when bullets adorn their spinal column.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
JMeganSnow said:
Why? A nice storyline is a cool extra, but if the game is perfect in all other areas, I really won't notice or care.

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
stompy said:
JMeganSnow said:

Granted, that may be similar to my "bad AI" argument, because video game plots are usually mediocre at best.
**raises hand** That would be me. Before you lot lynch me, hear me out: a bad plot in a game can be ignored. I can zone out of a game when the story comes about, but everything else in the game happens continuously. That, and I'm guessing the OP means 'bad story', in which case, I'm hoping for some good (or non-existent) story-telling.
Hmm--I'll grant that a bad plot can be ignored in some games, just not in the ones that I usually play. In games like Diablo the plot is actually kind of extraneous to the game. However, in RPG's it's not possible to ignore the plot in the slightest.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
Bad music. I can ignore music or turn it off and play my own. Bad voice acting makes me sad :(

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Bad music for sure...at least with bad music, you can mute it or play something over it.

Galaxialconda

Oct 19, 2008
I'd go with bad graphics, my favorite games have really shit graphics. The original Metal Gear Solid for example, if that game had bad voice acting it wouldn't of been anywhere near as good.

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
Bad music for me.

The music really doesn't affect me, and the voice acting, I have an OCD about it, and if it's bad it drives me crazy. So I picked music, if it's bad I'll just listen to my own music.