Poll: Kaleion's Tabletop RPG campaign selection poll & announcement.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Hey guys so the response to the RPG thing was overall very positive, unfortunately, life is getting in the way and I'm actually super busy at the moment so this could get delayed for longer than I would like, the goal is to get things moving by the end of this month preferably in the last week but possibly at the beginning of May.

[HEADING=2]System: D&D 5th Edition.[/HEADING]
Now some things have already been decided to speed up the process, we're going to be using D&D 5th edition because it's not only simple but also the system that I'm most familiar with, I know some people don't want 5E and others don't want Sword & Sorcery but it would be the fastest thing for me to set up at the moment, now I am most likely going to implement some house rules that I feel would improve the experience.
I would also like to address that if this proves to be a success I wouldn't mind running other systems & settings in the future based on public interest.

[HEADING=2]Format: Play by post.[/HEADING]
So a lot of my doubts but also of my ideas came from the limitations & benefits of this format, to be honest, I still have doubts about my capability to run a game on this format, since as you can see neither my writing or my grammar are particularly good, however, it's the format that would allow the largest quantity of people to join & I want to allow as many people as possible to join into this, hopefully it can be a thing

[HEADING=1]Options for the game.[/HEADING]

[HEADING=2]The Guild[/HEADING]
So this was actually born of the idea of playing Darkest Dungeon & the concept of the adventurer's league in D&D, but basically, the premise regardless of setting or tone would be the same, you will be working for a noble family that is working for a higher cause, they are hiring adventurers to seek old relics, explore & study old ruins, you're efforts can directly affect the growth of the town & much like in the previously mentioned game this is going to affect your options in town, of course since this is going to be an RPG rather than the game you will have the option to engage with the NPCs & world more when you are in town if you so desire, you will be given the option to RP you time in town if you desire or to just use the Downtime activities rules, this is also good in the fact that if people are not interested in the game all that much we can do a couple of dungeon runs & leave it at that, but this also gives us the ability to divide the players into different expeditions if there are too many players & that way I won't need to do as many on the fly adjustments due to having too many players in a single party, this also has the benefit of allowing for easy integration of new characters if more people wish to join or if someone dies or wants to pay something else.

As for the Dungeons themselves, I don't have the time or experience to craft the megadungeon that I would like to make, but helpfully this premise allows for me to introduce pre-made dungeons easily into the story without much hassle, which can keep things moving and hopefully relatively seamlessly.

The Guild comes in two flavors:
[HEADING=3]High Fantasy[/HEADING]
This is your run of the mill typical just like in the handbook Fantasy Setting, this is mainly if you like the idea of the Guild but want a big variety of adventures, they can be silly, fun or serious just like D&D normally is, a typical but hopefully fun D&D adventure.

[HEADING=3]Gothic Horror[/HEADING]
Like mentioned before the concept of the Guild was taken for Darkest Dungeon and that is also where this comes from, in this while you can still be as whimsical and silly as you wish to be you will have to deal with the extremely harsh and oppressive environment, to be honest, I will be stealing the whole premise of the game if you choose this, but that leads me to why I think it would be interesting, while this would limit us to horror & occult themed adventures I would be using a mechanic similar to the stress mechanic in Darkest Dungeon, which means that we would be dealing with psychological issues and I think this could lead to interesting RP scenarios and would lend more purpose and management challenges to the town sections, as you would have to balance lowering your stress levels with any other activity you wish to accomplish.
I'd also like to add some other details to this to make it more similar to Darkest Dungeon such as guns & other classes but for the first time it's going to be PHB only, if that is not troublesome then we can introduce official material & possibly homebrew.

If the idea of The Guild does not seem appealing I wouldn't mind doing straight up Adventurer's League stuff, I have all modules but you can choose between these modules.

[HEADING=2]Tyranny of Dragons[/HEADING]
For years, the evil Cult of the Dragon has devoted itself to creating undead dragons in a vain attempt to fulfill an ancient prophecy. However, the cultists were misguided. They misunderstood. But now, under new leadership, the cult believes that the prophecy does not speak of undead dragons, but of a dragon empire that's been extinct for 25,000 years. Tiamat, the queen of evil dragons, has languished in the Nine Hells for millennia. The cult believes that the time of her return is at hand.
The cult has a new face and a new mission. It seeks to free Tiamat from the Nine Hells and bring her into the Forgotten Realms. To accomplish its goal, the cult needs five ancient dragon masks and the support of evil dragons everywhere. The cult leaders?each one a "dragon whisperer"?have reached out to the evil dragons of the Sword Coast and earned their allegiance.

Meanwhile, evil dragons in partnership with the cult seek to amass a treasure hoard worthy of their dark queen, not by plundering their own hoards (of course) but by stealing money from cities, caravans, good-aligned dragons, merchant ships, and other sources. Their ravenous hunt for treasure throws the Sword Coast into upheaval. Neverwinter, Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate?no city is safe from their depredations.

The situation is dire. However, the Sword Coast is far from defenseless. Powerful factions are ready to rise up and put an end to the tyranny of dragons. Adventurers throughout the Realms must join forces to face Tiamat, destroy the Cult of the Dragon, and prevent the rise of a new dragon empire. The Harpers have since shared their intelligence with the remaining factions. To combat the Cult of the Dragon, Lord Dagult Neverember of Neverwinter proposes that adventurers representing each of the five factions be sent north to investigate?and to report back with haste.

In their hands, the future lies.
[HEADING=2]Elemental Evil[/HEADING]
Four apocalyptic cults of Elemental Evil are building secret sanctuaries and outposts throughout the North, bringing terror and destruction to the Forgotten Realms. Each cult is devoted to one of the Princes of Elemental Evil (godlike entities embodying air, earth, fire, and water) and is led by a nihilistic prophet, corrupted by power. The cruel elf princess Aerisi Kalinoth speaks for the air Cult of the Howling Hatred, while Marlos Urnrayle, a fierce male medusa, leads the Cult of the Black Earth. The Cult of the Eternal Flame scars its followers at the behest of the beautiful and deadly tiefling Vanifer, and the mutilated sailor Gar Shatterkeel plots to drown the world with his Cult of the Crushing Wave.
The cults use devastation orbs, forged of raw elemental power, to ravage Faer?n with horrifying earthquakes, typhoons, tornados, and other disasters. Independently, the cults are terrible adversaries, but now they have secretly begun transforming a long-lost dungeon into a huge subterranean temple dedicated to an alien entity known as the Elder Elemental Eye. To prevent this union of the Elemental Evils into one catastrophic force, heroes must expose the prophets' true agenda. The cults' agents are everywhere and their power is immense.

When you don't know whom to trust, knowledge is your only weapon. Unearth the Deception.

[HEADING=2]Rage of Demons[/HEADING]
The main storyline for Rage of Demons takes place in the vast subterranean world known as the Underdark. This dark landscape is a twisted labyrinth where fear reigns, and is home to horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. It is here that the dark elf Gromph Baenre, Archmage of Menzoberranzan, performs a foul ritual meant to tap into the magical energy of Faerzress that suffuses the Underdark?and tears open portals to the demonic Abyss in the process. The creatures that step through those portals horrify even the archmage, and from that moment on, demonic insanity pervades the Underdark and threatens to shake the Forgotten Realms to its foundations. Adventurers must stop the madness before it consumes the Underdark and spreads to destroy the surface folk of Faer?n!.
[HEADING=2]Curse of Strahd.[/HEADING]
Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind's howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner?and you are invited.
[HEADING=2]Storm's King Thunder[/HEADING]
Ages ago, giants and dragons waged war across the Savage Frontier. These battles are long forgotten by the human civilizations of today, but ancient relics remain. And now, the land shudders once more with the thunder of giant footsteps.

Hill giants raid farms for food and livestock, as stone giants lay waste to settlements in their path. Frost giants plunder coastal towns, as fire giants gather slaves. Cloud giant castles drift across the sky, casting ominous shadows on the cities of the North. But no threat compares to the wrath of the storm giants, who stand betrayed.

Puny adventurers must rise to the challenge, gather their strength, unlock the power of ancient runes, and take the fight to the giants' doorsteps. Only then can they discover a hidden evil fomenting a war between giants and small folk. Only then can they forge an alliance to end the war before it begins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now keep in mind that all selected modules have a lot of additional content that was published as Adventure's league material so if the group is too large they all have parts of the story in which different quests have to be decided and the rare ocurence of doing both quests could happen, of these I have played all of them except Storm's King's Thunder but only ever finished Tyranny of Dragons & Curse of Strahd, due to the way it's laid out I feel CoS would work best in this format but I think Elemental Evil is also a good choice if you want a more typical fantasy setting, Rage of Demons has a cool element of the Madness mechanic & well it's the Underdark that's always laden with Eldritch horrors but also Demons, Tyrany of Dragons I can't comment much on because I played a heavily homebrewed version that converted it to DragonLance but it's a typical stop the Evil Dragon cult, a quintessencial D&D experience as for Storm King's Thunder, I haven't played it but it has some really good dungeons and it's probably the one after Ravenloft that has the most sidequests.

In case there are any problems with the site, I have created this Discord Server to allow communications between us.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Kaleion said:
since as you can see neither my writing or my grammar are particularly good
Mate, you're a damn sight better than most people whose writing I've been subjected to, including several university students, so don't worry about it. :)

As for the choice, I opted for Gothic Horror Guild (GHG) because I always prefer something original over the published stuff, but I concede that if you'd rather use the latter for easier DMing, then my second choice would be for Curse of Strahd.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Gotta admit, I'm kinda feeling like going for a DieselPunk adventure, so if I had a choice, I'd go with Savage Worlds "Daring Tales of Adventure" to run a Crimson Skies-themed adventure.

Complete with Nazi zeppelins that EAT other zeppelins, of course.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I picked Curse of Strahd - there's just something far more compelling about a tight-nit, weird scenario than some big, lofty world where everything is happening on an epic scale (even when that tight nit sounding scenario eventually expands into something much bigger).

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
maninahat said:
I picked Curse of Strahd - there's just something far more compelling about a tight-nit, weird scenario than some big, lofty world where everything is happening on an epic scale (even when that tight nit sounding scenario eventually expands into something much bigger).
I also picked it but for different reasons. It seems like a very nice contained adventure to sink our teeth into. Once again, I don't think we should launch into anything complicated or super epic our first time together.

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
I primarily went for High Fantasy mainly for the sake of screwing around

But on the tie in the Polls I can deal more with Curse of Strahd

Rorschach has to deal with vampires with the help of his fellow vigilantes- Adventurers? Sign me up

Korbo

Mar 2, 2011
I voted for Gothic Horror but only because it's a setting I know I enjoy -- I'd be happy playing any of the others if there's a tie.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, also voted for Gothic Horror, but not really fussed on which it ends up.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Gothic Horror could be most interesting, especially since I intend to play a cheery upbeat character (If I don't use my lizard cleric). She/He/Xer/Gir/AttackHelicopter would have to struggle internally to keep positive despite the gritty nastiness around them.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I always thought the Guild of Heroes from Fable was cool, so I'm voting for The Guild. I haven't played Darkest Dungeon though. I don't actually see why these other plotlines wouldn't work under a guild framework. You know just little random adventures that eventually tie into discovering and stopping the evil dragon cult or whatever, all while building up our fame and guild hall. Start as just a ragtag group meeting in an inn and eventually be the famous 3 times saviors of the world, and our marbled guild hall is a prestigious academy that would-be heroes from all over the world struggle to gain entrance to. That would be cool!

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
King of Asgaard said:
Kaleion said:
since as you can see neither my writing or my grammar are particularly good
Mate, you're a damn sight better than most people whose writing I've been subjected to, including several university students, so don't worry about it. :)

As for the choice, I opted for Gothic Horror Guild (GHG) because I always prefer something original over the published stuff, but I concede that if you'd rather use the latter for easier DMing, then my second choice would be for Curse of Strahd.
Thank you, I'm actually a High-School dropout so it's good to hear that as I've spent some time studying those things by myself but I know it's not great.

As for your choice, actually making up stuff to do in towns is super easy and if I don't have time to craft Dungeons I have like a million resources I can use to adapt Dungeons from old editions or even ones from existing 5e and if done correctly you would be none the wiser, so I don't think it'd be that hard.

American Tanker said:
Gotta admit, I'm kinda feeling like going for a DieselPunk adventure, so if I had a choice, I'd go with Savage Worlds "Daring Tales of Adventure" to run a Crimson Skies-themed adventure.

Complete with Nazi zeppelins that EAT other zeppelins, of course.
I'd actually love that, Crimson Skies has some really cool aircraft and I'd like the idea of the pulpy adventures a lot, but I think it's pretty obvious that 5E is the best choice to start with because it's the one most people know and the one that I would be able to handle with more ease beside maybe the Cypher system, which in my experience is extremely easy to use but no one really cares for it, like I said if this works out I'd be happy to try out different systems and settings as follow ups, it may turn out that PBP is easy enought that it would be possible to run 2 simultaneous adventures but I'd like to get my feet wet before deciding to jump into the river.

maninahat said:
That's why I think it's good for this, it starts out very small and simple but if people decide to stick with it it's actually a pretty big open world that has lots of events that are on a timer, that's why I actually think it'd be good for this sort of thing, the bad thing is that if people decide not to stick with it they get a kinda crappy ending because they are still stuck in Barovia.
Arnoxthe1 said:
I also picked it but for different reasons. It seems like a very nice contained adventure to sink our teeth into. Once again, I don't think we should launch into anything complicated or super epic our first time together.
Curse of Strahd actually gets really complicated & epic if people decide to stick with it past the introduction but it's actually the adventure that I'm more familiar with because I really like the setting and have read the actual book, to be honest if it weren't for the horror theme which is sure to alienate some people it'd be easily of the published adventures the one I'd recommend the most, if you want isolated adventures Yawning Portal is the best one for that but it doesn't have much additional like Curse of Strahd & Storm King's Thunder do and it's also just a collection of Dungeons that are all designed for around 6 players at most, Storm King's Thunder does have some excellent stand-alone adventures that can easily be run as their own thing though, so I think that's another great option.

Silentpony said:
I cast magic missile into the darkness!
You successfully attack The Darkness, they no longer believe in a thing called love because they're dead.

The Raw Shark said:
I primarily went for High Fantasy mainly for the sake of screwing around

But on the tie in the Polls I can deal more with Curse of Strahd

Rorschach has to deal with vampires with the help of his fellow vigilantes- Adventurers? Sign me up
Well really as my party proved when I played both Rage of Demons & Curse of Strahd you can goof off in any setting, it doesn't matter how serious it is, there has to be at least one wet blanket though and that was usually me.

As for the then tie, they are both actually fairly similar thematically but the core of the adventure is different, you'd be dealing with vampires in both cases though, also Curse of Strahd does have special rules for a horror meter of sorts but it's not as prominent as what I'd like to implement for the Gothic Horror thing.

Korbo said:
I voted for Gothic Horror but only because it's a setting I know I enjoy -- I'd be happy playing any of the others if there's a tie.
Aye, aye, seems to be winning at the moment.
Thaluikhain said:
Yeah, also voted for Gothic Horror, but not really fussed on which it ends up.
Cool, I hope that regardless of what we play that it can be an enjoyable experience.

demoman_chaos said:
Gothic Horror could be most interesting, especially since I intend to play a cheery upbeat character (If I don't use my lizard cleric). She/He/Xer/Gir/AttackHelicopter would have to struggle internally to keep positive despite the gritty nastiness around them.
I've seen interesting stuff happen, the goofball Barbarian became the strongest hero, the cheerful Musician was driven mad by forbidden knowledge acquiring unparalleled power but at the cost of her humanity, the charlatan Thief turned the noblest of heroes, the selfish Scholar sacrificing absolutely everything to accomplish the goal of his fallen friend, the noble Knight become the Devil's greatest ally and so on, you never know where an adventure might lead you.

Drathnoxis said:
I always thought the Guild of Heroes from Fable was cool, so I'm voting for The Guild. I haven't played Darkest Dungeon though. I don't actually see why these other plotlines wouldn't work under a guild framework. You know just little random adventures that eventually tie into discovering and stopping the evil dragon cult or whatever, all while building up our fame and guild hall. Start as just a ragtag group meeting in an inn and eventually be the famous 3 times saviors of the world, and our marbled guild hall is a prestigious academy that would-be heroes from all over the world struggle to gain entrance to. That would be cool!
The concept of the guilds of adventurers is actually pretty prevalent in 5th Edition and all official material comes with special events and sidequests for members ofthese factions, which are all guilds which employ adventurers for different reasons it's actually a pretty good way of handling it, but the principle of what I called the Guild is a bit different, you could be a member of guilds such as those but you would all be employed in expeditions of exploring those ruins, for which reason it would be up to the player such as it is in the game Darkest Dungeon but the point is that there would be an influx of rotating adventurers all exploring the dungeon to further slowly improving the crappy dingy town in which the campaign takes place for the purpose of being able to explore more and more until someone arrives at the root of the problem.

But yes the concept of Guilds would be implemented regardless but in a different manner.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Voted guild Gothic horror. Gothic horror seems neat

I'm playing CoS with another group else I'd have picked that heh

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I took a look at your previous thread but didn't comment on it. Wanted to poke my head in and say I'm pretty interested in being a part of this. I'm in 2 5e games a week (one as a player and one as DM) so I'm pleased to be using a system I'm quite familiar with. I voted for gothic horror as I'm pretty partial to vampires and werewolves myself. I'm game for pretty much anything though. It will be nice to have a reason to keep coming back to the forum again.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Probably wanna split this in multiple groups btw if everyone who voted shows up, that many all together would lead to quite a pile up of actions etc all in one location

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Kaleion said:
The concept of the guilds of adventurers is actually pretty prevalent in 5th Edition and all official material comes with special events and sidequests for members ofthese factions, which are all guilds which employ adventurers for different reasons it's actually a pretty good way of handling it, but the principle of what I called the Guild is a bit different, you could be a member of guilds such as those but you would all be employed in expeditions of exploring those ruins, for which reason it would be up to the player such as it is in the game Darkest Dungeon but the point is that there would be an influx of rotating adventurers all exploring the dungeon to further slowly improving the crappy dingy town in which the campaign takes place for the purpose of being able to explore more and more until someone arrives at the root of the problem.

But yes the concept of Guilds would be implemented regardless but in a different manner.
Oh, well then I don't really care what we play, I just want to be in a guild.

Redneck Gamer

Apr 25, 2012
I voted Curse of Strahd, but it doesn't matter which one we play. I am curious though are there going to be any limits about classes and races depending on the setting picked? I don't know much for he Gothic Horror Guild idea that seems to be winning, other than I keep picturing bloodborne type settings in my head.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
The Decapitated Centaur said:
Voted guild Gothic horror. Gothic horror seems neat

I'm playing CoS with another group else I'd have picked that heh
Please note that it is very much an adaptation of Darkest Dungeon, this means stuff like inventory & resource management as well as knowing when to back out of an expedition is going to be important.
JUMBO PALACE said:
I took a look at your previous thread but didn't comment on it. Wanted to poke my head in and say I'm pretty interested in being a part of this. I'm in 2 5e games a week (one as a player and one as DM) so I'm pleased to be using a system I'm quite familiar with. I voted for gothic horror as I'm pretty partial to vampires and werewolves myself. I'm game for pretty much anything though. It will be nice to have a reason to keep coming back to the forum again.
Thanks for showing up, this really is something I want to do, like I said if it gets delayed it's because I am pretty busy at the moment and since I have to move there is a small possibility that I might be without Internet for a while, though I don't think that would be more than a week.
The Decapitated Centaur said:
Probably wanna split this in multiple groups btw if everyone who voted shows up, that many all together would lead to quite a pile up of actions etc all in one location
Actually all of the proposed adventures can be handled fairly well in multiple party scenarios, they were all chosen because they work really well with splitting the group and the whole reason I got the idea to use Darkest Dungeon as a base is because of the whole multiple group thing and the possibility of mixing and matching different party members in different situations.

Drathnoxis said:
Oh, well then I don't really care what we play, I just want to be in a guild.
Done, just tell me what kind of guild and I'll be sure to incorporate into the story.

Redneck Gamer said:
I voted Curse of Strahd, but it doesn't matter which one we play. I am curious though are there going to be any limits about classes and races depending on the setting picked? I don't know much for he Gothic Horror Guild idea that seems to be winning, other than I keep picturing bloodborne type settings in my head.
Well yes, but to be honest, no there will be no limitations, if it's on the Player's Handbook it's playable, however, I would appreciate it if everyone actually justifies why they are what they are, Curse of Strahd gets away with it because you simply arrive from another dimension into Ravenloft, if you are of any race that is not from Barovia because that's how Barovia works, it's an interdimensional prison meant to trap the worst of the multiverse, as for the gothic setting I'm going to incorporate every PHB race into the setting leaving the quirks mostly intact, mostly it's going to be more like that particular area of the world it's the dingy gothic horror and you are travelling there for a goal rather than the whole world actually being like that.

As for other resources, I kinda want to allow them but I'm thinking that for the beginning it's going to be PHB only and if people prove easy to work with rule wise I'm going to start allowing other official material such as the Elemental Evil Player's Companion, Volo's Guide to Monsters and so on, that's mostly because if people are argumentative I don't want to waste a lot of time discussing the absurd number of rules of using all available official resources, which to be honest I would like but it could prove troublesome.

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
Also one other question I had is how are these types of stories going to go?

Mainly being about how are they going to play out tonally

Because I can enjoy dark stories but stories that are needlessly bleak and defy all logic for the sake of being bleak are my most immediate turn off from any type of story.

I can accept that story wise we all may have caused something to make rocks fall and we all die because we were being negligent or not paying attention to something, but if rocks just fall right before we end our quest and stop the big bad for the sake of making things suitably bleak then I'm booting myself out of the story immediately.

It's the same reason I could never get in to the Cthulhu Mythos based tabletop games. I like being goal-oriented, but when that goal is just to die at the hands of a stupid looking squid monster that only some incel from the 1920s would be frightened by then I'm already out.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
The Raw Shark said:
Also one other question I had is how are these types of stories going to go?

Mainly being about how are they going to play out tonally

Because I can enjoy dark stories but stories that are needlessly bleak and defy all logic for the sake of being bleak are my most immediate turn off from any type of story.

I can accept that story wise we all may have caused something to make rocks fall and we all die because we were being negligent or not paying attention to something, but if rocks just fall right before we end our quest and stop the big bad for the sake of making things suitably bleak then I'm booting myself out of the story immediately.

It's the same reason I could never get in to the Cthulhu Mythos based tabletop games. I like being goal-oriented, but when that goal is just to die at the hands of a stupid looking squid monster that only some incel from the 1920s would be frightened by then I'm already out.
Well the setting would be dark & dreary but that doesn't stop anyone from playing a comical character if they want, sometimes comical characters do fantastic in Dark Fantasy like my Wizard/Bard/Rogue that exclusively investigated and buffed in out of the Abyss and ended up having the most messed up ark of all or a friend's dumbass Barbarian in Ravenloft who ended up becoming one of the most complex and multifaceted characters in the party even though he was a simpleton.

As for the worry of killing players just for the sake of being dark, I don't plan on doing that, some dungeons will be difficult and there will be traps but that's because it's a Dungeon Crawl and it wouldn't be particularly good without that, and some players may die but if that happens that probably will come down to a combination of bad luck dice and me being relatively new to DMing and getting some of the balancing wrong, that being said I don't think players should be fighting everything they see but that's OK.