Poll: L.A. Noir for P.C. - experiences?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Hi there,

So I'm thinking of getting L.A. Noir after I've completed Still Life again. However, looking at Amazon.co.uk reviews, it seems a fair few have had serious technical issues with this game.

To anyone here who has bought it for P.C., can they confirm if they've had easy or hard experiences getting it to work?

You tend to find people who have problems installing PC games are much more vocal than those who had none at all, so I want to get a more accurate ratio of good/ bad.

Following on to that, is it a game easy to control with a keyboard and mouse, or is it like many ports where it doesn't transfer well?

Thanks in advance to all those who reply.

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
The only problem I ever had with the game was that the car always felt like it responded a split second off whenever I was controlling one.

Other than that, no, I enjoyed the game to the end. One of my favorite of the year.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
I haven't had any trouble getting the game to work, but most problems generally occur after you've installed them (as in gameplay). The controls work and the game itself is pretty nice and somewhat unique, but it is really flawed.

Supernova1138

Oct 24, 2011
I had no problem getting the game to work on PC. The game isn't that well optimized so you may run into performance problems, especially if you have a slower CPU. Having a quad core won't help you, this game only uses two CPU cores. This was before a patch was released that supposedly boosted performance, but I haven't tried it out, the game may run a bit better now.

Martijn Nijkeuter

Oct 20, 2011
I bought it of steam during the winter sale, had no problem getting it to work at all.

I did find the LA noire neon sign loading screen very obnoxious to the point that i'd get headaches from it though, might not be good for people with epilepsy.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Well, this all sounds promising so far. Maybe I'll have a go at it after all.

LawyerScumGhost

Mar 8, 2010
I like the game a lot, but it is obvious when playing that it is a poorly done console port. I can run Skyrim and Arkham City maxed out, but had to reduce the resolution of LA Noir to 1366x738 to make the graphics run smoothly.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I have barely played it, but had no problems getting it to run. However, it seems to run slowly. The frame rate is capped at 30 FPS due to being a console port and the facial animations and such being developed with that in mind, and being used to playing my games at 50-60 FPS at all times (or higher), I really noticed the drop. Makes the game feel a bit sluggish.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Kinda.

It generally worked for me, but there were quite few crashes, iffy controls and the frame rate occasionally chugged something fierce.

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Some chrashes, nothing serious. Most likely caused by my not-so-up-to-date computer.