Poll: Last time you bought a CD? (if ever)

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
does anyone buy CD's? in regards to music

I've only ever bought 3 CD's

Relapse and recovery by eminem
Danger days by My Chemical romace

Fortunefaded

Aug 12, 2004
Umm...I bought a 2 cds recently from touring bands, one is a band from Japan touring the UK and an other is a local band.

From the store, I bought John Frusciante's latest album.

Last time I downloaded a song was when I was 14, I downloaded the cowboy bebop soundtrack, that was 9 years ago.

Habakkuk

Nov 19, 2010
I always buy the CD, it just doesnt feel the same if you download it.

As far as I'm concerned, you havent bought the album unless you download it.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
I was into music waaay before the MP3 revolution happened. I started out buying cassette tapes, then moved to CDs. I have hundreds of CDs (all of which have been converted to MP3).

However, the last time I bought a CD was about a year ago and it was a waste of money because I just went right to my computer and converted it.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
The most recent CD I bought was some time over the summer, the last song I downloaded to listen to, as opposed to just getting a digital copy to work with for a project or to learn how to play it, must have been 6 years ago. I got some free LPs just a month or two ago, and buy cassettes, records, and CDs whenever I come across something I want for a good price.

Edit: Just to wrap this up, I hate digital distribution on principle, and the only digital copies I have ever paid for have been on ridiculously low sale prices (specifically, steam sales.) I like to own what I pay for, so if I'm going to pay for a glorified rental, it had better be at a rental price. I much prefer physical media in any case.

Dunn159

Jul 3, 2009
Black Eyed Peas - The Beginning! I got it yesterday, not a bad album if I say so myself!

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
i must be old or something, because it kills me not to have a hard copy of music. i may rip mp3s or mp4s from a cd, but i never buy music digitally. partly this is due to paranoia (but is it paranoia if they're really out to get you?) about "media ownership" laws which basically allow music you've already purchased to be taken away remotely.

i buy a ton of cds, but to answer your question, the last one i bought was Spoon's "Kill the Moonlight."

Lopsided Weener

Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2010
I don't generally buy CDs unless it's an aritst/ band that I consider the best. My last two purchases were The Resistance by Muse and Imperfect Harmonies by Serj Tankian, each on the day of release. In each case I'd downloaded previous albums, and after liking them went with the intention of buying a physical CD when the next album was released.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Wow. The last time I bought a CD was when I couldn't get it via mp3. Probably the Alice in Chains 'Music Box', and Haunted by Poe, but before that, I couldn't tell you.

Caspertjuhh

Oct 19, 2010
I do buy a lot of cds, because I dont have an Ipod. had bad experience in the past.

I have bought my latest two weeks back.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
It's been over a decade since I bought a CD. Started in 2000 with good ol' music theft back when that concept was brand new, but as time went on, services like Pandora, individual legal song downloads, and stuff like the great music jukebox that is copyrighted material on YouTube drove me away from buying CDs.

The_Graff

Oct 21, 2009
i prefer CDS to downloading MP3s, i like to have a hard copy of whatever i'm buying just in case my computer/zune gets a visit from its old fried the F*ck up fairy.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
I hardly bought CDs before, but I've started recently, buying the Nightwish collection, Yuki Kajiura stuff and I have a Immediate music CD ordered which I can only hope will arive soon. Basically I'm going through my list of "bands I listened to a lot of mp3s from, so I should shove some cash in their direction at some point".

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I wonder how many pirates will accidentally admit themselves in this thread
OT: A few weeks ago, a CD for my mums Christmas present

huigho1215

Sep 26, 2010
umm. the Kingdom hearts soundtrack. and that was like...forever ago, now I just buy singles on itunes