Poll: Lets pretend the government passes a law stating that you can't have a gun anymore...

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Hypothetically of course. But what would YOU as a gun owner do? Hide your guns? Would you kill the person that comes to your house trying to take them? Is gun ownership worth your life or the life of another?

I don't own a gun, but I know people who do, and who would never give up their guns.

I'm also going to preempt people here, please refrain from quoting me as this thread is my baby and I will read all responses. (btw, this thread does not belong in the politics section IMO, were pretending the law is done, the gun burning mobile is already in your driveway. WE ARE NOT debating if the law could be, would be, or should be passed!!!) Glad I am a canadian!

What got me to ask this is I saw clips on the Colbert Report of a guy that said he would kill people if any new gun control laws were enacted. I'm curious if anyone else would do the same?

Dec 14, 2009
If someone came to take my guns away, I'd shoot them.

What better way to show that I'm a responsible individual than by shooting people?

'Oh, you want my gun?'

*Bang!*

By the way, I don't own a gun. Yeah, that's right. I killed that guy with my mind.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Well not being a gun owner, I'd be completely unaffected by this

but if I had guns, I'd expect some sort of compensation, otherwise it's theft as far as I'm concerned. I owned the guns before they made the law and they can't just take them without giving something in return.

*obligatory joke answer*
They can't have my guns but they're free to have the bullets.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Hide them. Claim I sold them. Whichever.

However, I live in the great state of Kentucky, where I will never have to worry about that. (At least as far as my firearms go, I don't have anything that qualifies as an "Assault Weapon" under the old federal law.)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I would continue living my gun-free life.

This actually already happened here in Australia. We had one of those massacres go down in a place called Port Arthur, not far from where I live. About 35 people dead if memory serves. Within a couple of week they passed a law banning private ownership of automatic and semi-automatic weapons and tightened controls. There were large scale buy-back schemes and voluntary hand-ins.

Gun crime went way down and we haven't had another massacre since.

Funny, that.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Well, assuming the thread is addressing USA, here's what I predict would happen:

A clusterfuck. Some people would comply, some would object. Some of those who would object would object violently. Some of those who would object violently would go as far as try to topple the government. And what after that, I don't know, but really.

A complete ban on all firearms is just...well, a complete opposite of a stupid extreme, and therefore a stupid extreme itself.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I would not be affected, hence voting other.

So lets assume i own a weapon. I would give it up. The greater good is more important than my unreasonable wishes to pose nice photos with a gun that will be the laughing stock of facebook.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I'd gladly hand over my gun, seeing as it's military issued, and I want NOTHING to do with a conscript military force.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
I have a question

Why do people wanna keep there guns? because its eaiser to ward intruders away? Makes you feel safer? People may perceive your genitals to be bigger?

do you wanna know who doesn't use a gun? Batman.

just sayin

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Trezu said:
I have a question

Why do people wanna keep there guns? because its eaiser to ward intruders away? Makes you feel safer? People may perceive your genitals to be bigger?

do you wanna know who doesn't use a gun? Batman.

just sayin
But Batman already has a cool car and a plane and lots of money and a butler. If he gets a gun, his genitals would grow too large.

But you know who else doesn't use a gun? Me. That's right - forget that pathetic late Halloween entry - look up to me.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
GunsmithKitten said:
Too many serial killers and slavers running around.
It's okay, the rest of us would keep you safe.

Now if you'll just hop into this protective cage while we take you to our auction ... sorry, that was a mistype, I meant safe house, yes, safe house. We will find someone who will "look after" you.

On Topic....

We did have that law passed. In the UK it is illegal to own firearms.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I'd ask them why they are passing a law that already exists as not everybody lives in the USA.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Considering I don't even own a gun...

If I theoretically DID though...I'd probably go ahead and give them up. Wouldn't be particularly attached to them.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Sit back for a week and see the giant rebellion that would occur if something like that just came in suddenly. I wouldn't have to do jack.

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
No guns to turn in over here. And I highly doubt anyone would start a friggin revolution if the government did take such measures. I mean, I love skateboarding. But if the government decided to ban those pieces of wood because they thought skateboards turned people into hooligans who beat up grandparents, I'm not all of a sudden going to turn Che on everybody's ass just to keep my skateboard. Heck, if it led to less grandparents getting the crap beat out of them then I'd feel like I did the right thing.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I would ask the police force for conclusive evidence that they have total control over the illegal gun trade across the entire country.
When they fail to provide me with such evidence, I would back myself into a corner with my gun pointed ahead of me and shout 'I feel threatened'. Your move, officer.

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
TopazFusion said:
Trezu said:
I have a question

It's just the novelty of it.

Think of it like a bunch of children complaining about their toys being taken away.
Hmmm, comparing gun owners to a bunch of children. I like the analogy :p