Poll: Lets see where we "REALLY" fall. (PC / Console / Both)

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Well it's funny. I try not to discriminate against what platform I go for, but I seem to have indadvertently avoided Nintendo consoles for the most part (they've only had a couple exclusives I've been interested in).

I ended up owning a an Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube all at once. Thought it confuses me to death how it happened.

After that, I bought an original 360, hardly played it, but upgraded to an Elite in case I wanted to play it.

My father bought a PS3 for use as a Blu-Ray player, so I used it to try a few games.

But I slowly started leaning towards PC gaming. I bought one premade in 2006, then built my own in 2010, then upgraded it this year.

I ended up selling my 360 and 360 games, and buying a slim PS3 for myself because I realized I really liked the console and the games it had.

I have no interest in the PS4, Xbone, or Wii-U. But I do have interest in a 3DS, because the list of exclusives I want for it is growing.

I don't have interest in a Vita, to me it seems kind of cancerous.

tl;dr I identify as PC and Console. But I hope for a world where we can play all games (literally every game ever made) on PC, because games should not die with consoles.

Kaendris said:
You know, you brought up a very fair point. I really left out mobile devices and handhelds didn't I.

Hmm, I suppose I could edit the poll... dilemma dilemma...
Just include them under consoles, they are technically portable "consoles" after all....Though it is difficult to classify games on tablet/android/iOS , as they are PCs but function differently.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Console with a side of PC. No ideology behind that, my PC just happens to be shyte. If I had a proper desktop model I'd probably game more on it. But not so much as I do on console. I play co-op with my gf and all and I'd rather do so from the comfort of my bed than crammedu up in front of my computer.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I just like games, I can't bring myself to identify myself based on a machine I own. However, Having started the PC builder's user group and being the author of the "How to Build Your Own PC" thread, I might as well say I'm a PC gamer if I'm to do that sort of thing. If there's a game available on console or PC, I will always get it on PC. I haven't played GTA V yet because it's not on PC.

However however, I've been a collector since I was like 3 or 4. I still have my original Atari 2600, dedicated Pong machine, NES, and PS1/Saturn blah blah all the way up to the PS360Wii trifecta. I find a certain charm to machines dedicated exclusively to video gaming, and I love seeing them all on my shelves. Not to mention the exclusives that will never come to PC. So yeah, that's my situation.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
I started off as a PC Gamer on this really cool thing called the "Apple IIe" (yeah...I'm THAT old).

Stayed true to PCs until I just got tired of upgrading hardware, loading firmware updates and patches every time I wanted to play a new game.

Finally decided to go console because I loved the idea of putting a game in and just playing it (which was becoming increasingly rare with the PC). Chose the XBox 360 because I liked their game catalog and have been on it ever since.

Three things finally killed PC Gaming for me; 1) All that digital rights management crap, 2) Rapidly advancing gaming tech (meaning I'd have to upgrade my hardware annually) and 3) That monstrosity known as "Window 8".

But if Microsoft ever phases out the XBox 360 to drive us all to the "Xbone", I'll probably bit the bullet and run Windows emulation on a Macbook...

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I own consoles, but I do very much prefer gaming on my PC. Basically I keep my consoles around for console-exclusives and for local multiplayer (easier to do on the TV, and hooking up my PC to the TV would require lugging it into the other room).
Basically, I identify as a PC gamer, but I don't mind playing on a console. I love my portables, too.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I've been PC gaming for 15 years now and I have no intention to stop.

I don't play consoles because I can't really afford the big TV that is required when you purchase a console. I've been saving some cash to get a big upgrade (gtx 780, some ram and maybe a monitor) for next year before Witcher 3 comes around.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Well, aside from all the problems with identifying as one or the other, here's what I play games on.

PC- Platform of choice. I game on my laptop mostly. When it's a multiplatform game, the PC is my port of call. It's customizable and portable, two factors I hold in high import.

3DS- Love me some pokémon, Fire emblem, Monster hunter. All that good stuff. I play on a 3DSXL fairly regularly, but it's usually DS games anyway (pokemon). Looks set to change though.

Vita- I love the vita. It's a beautiful piece of hardware and as someone who never owned a PSP or many PS1 games the downloadable catalog more than makes up for the relatively light selection. That said, the more obscure JRPGs need a home too, and the indie push Sony is making looks to have me playing this a lot in the new year.

Xbox 360- I've owned a 360 since 2008 and for a good four years it was my primary gaming platform. This was down to two things.
1. It was cheaper than a PC running comparable games. (I later got a PC when it made more sense financially)
2. (the main reason) all my friends were playing on Xbox Live.

I had some good times with the 360, but when I got my Laptop in 2012 it fell by the wayside completely. Every time I play one now it just feels wrong to me. I do however love the 360 controller and have one close to my PC at all times

Wii- The wii was my first console of the generation, got it on release with Twilight Princess which remains one of the best games I have ever played. Got a lot of use out of the thing over a couple of years but the game library was very limited and it was clearly going the way of the Wii Fit, so it faded into the background. Still used occasionally for GC games and RE4, but that's about it.

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
I only PC, but it's not because I'm necessarily some kind of crazy elitist, or because I don't own a TV. I simply don't like controllers for most games. I have a gamepad but I only use that for racing games.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Somewhere in the middle. I own both PC and consoles, but I buy consoles once the next gen comes out, mostly because that's the point where you can get them dirt-cheap. I'm gearing up to buying myself a PS3 within a couple months of the PS4's release, and a 360 somewhere in the year or two after that.

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
I identify as a console gamer.

But I have a pc (not a gaming rig) that I use on occasion when there is a game I can only play there, or when I take the plunge on those humble bundles. I don't identify as pc gamer because playing at my desk is uncomfortable, keyboard controls bug me, and pc games are a hassle to get to work. All of which makes pc a place of last resort for me to game.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I'd generally prefer PC, been there for so long that it's just my all around performer. As soon as the PS4 hits I'll surely be playing more console games but there's no chance I'm sticking with only one or the other. I morph between the two as needed!

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I play both PC (in this case a moderately powerfull laptop) and consoles, some of my fave games are exclusive to the PC (Total Annihilation, STALKER SoC to name a few) and a whole tons of games that are never released on PC (Killer 7, Killzone, Ikaruga) and then there are the games that don't run that fine on my laptop which I then buy for consoles.

Aug 1, 2010
Idort truly is the only master race.

Having put together my gaming PC a few months ago, I see the massive benefits of that gaming system, but I would be incredibly sad if I couldn't play Halo or any of the other fantastic console games.

Skoosh

Jun 19, 2009
Everything.

I play a lot of games on my PS3, such as JRPGs and some just fun action stuff like Dynasty Warriors. I also use handhelds a lot playing Pokemon and pokemon and sometimes some other stuff and more pokemon.

However I also play various RTSs, being big into Warcraft 3, then into starcraft 2, Civ 5, sims 3, and I've been really big into League of Legends for a couple years now.

So yeah I identify as both. I tend to leave singleplayer games to console and online games to PC, although there are exceptions. Some weeks I'll play consoles exclusively, others I'm all about the PC. I just like games.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
Played on consoles for about 17 years but that past year or so has been almost exclusively pc. I don't really see any reason to go back to consoles now. Most exclusives are just rehashes of the same few series that have gotten pretty stale for me. Got a 3ds XL a few months ago though and I am loving it.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
PC but I would love to get any kind of Playstation if I were a bit richer.

Jacques Joseph

Nov 15, 2012
Maybe it´s due to the country I live in but it seems to me that for a very long time, almost no one ever had consoles around here, only PC - and so did I and so did my friends, consoles seem to have become a thing only in the last 5 or 6 years. So yeah, PC all the way for me. Plus it always seemed as the most versatile gaming system, plus a PC was always something of much more general use than just gaming, plus we were never much of a TV-type-of-family so these are the reasons. Sometimes I regret not being able to play some non-PC exclusives but I´m not enough of a fanboy to invest into a console only for those.