Poll: Let's Talk about D&D!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Cause I wanna, you wanna, so lets.

I dont care what, just talk about DnD. I have been extra into DnD lately where I am super eager for it to be Wednesday since that is currently my group's DnD day. Though DnD day changes often. It has been Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. I dont think it has ever been Saturday though. Huh.

Edit: So, I always put "Poll doesnt have my answer" in polls I make just incase, and cause I hate joke answers that drain actual votes, but I thought I was pretty thorough so I am curious what people intend when the pick it here. Is it "I dont like any edition"? Cause well...why are you here? If not, then I would be curious for elaboration.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I am also looking forward to November's new book which I believe is going to mainly be full of stuff they have refined from all the Unearthed Arcana.

I am looking forward to the Racial Feats, cause it lets Dragonborn have wings. The blurb on the site doesnt mention new races or classes, but I am hoping they have some, likely Mystic and Artificer.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Had to vote 2e because I've never actually gotten to play games of 4 or 5 e.

My friend group tended to go the Pathfinder route, which I hate with a burning passion.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
altnameJag said:

My friend group tended to go the Pathfinder route, which I hate with a burning passion.
Ive played 3.5 and 5th. I do want to play 4th atleast once just to justify hating it. Ive looked through it, but never actually played it.

I also want to play the old editions to say I did, and because with how Wed DM talk about it, seems alot more deadly and I am curious to try that.

I really like 5e though cause it streamlines alot without restricting complexity.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Saelune said:
altnameJag said:

Ive played 3.5 and 5th. I do want to play 4th atleast once just to justify hating it. Ive looked through it, but never actually played it.

I also want to play the old editions to say I did, and because with how Wed DM talk about it, seems alot more deadly and I am curious to try that.

I really like 5e though cause it streamlines alot without restricting complexity.
D&D is in a weird position because it's 6 completely different games with different underlying assumptions about what kind of game it is, all bundled together under one brand. 4e's greatest "sin", at least in the eyes of the edition warriors, was flattening the mechanical complexity. Or in other words, fighter types got more complex, and magic types got less complex. That also flattened out the power curve, and a lot of people tend to believe whole heartedly in caster supremacy.

Of course, a lot of the failiure point in the next editions of D&D were from trying to appease the old grognards. A lot of the save-or-die/take massive damage spells in 3rd came from 2nd, but while 2nd had some of the same problems in that regard they weren't as pronounced. Why? In 2nd edition, the Fighter had the best saving throws, bar none. You just couldn't count on that Command or Hold Person to land on a Fighter, and there wasn't a feat chain you could take to make that easier. Also, monsters tended to have higher saves, fewer HP, and did less raw damage, making fighters generally more useful than they ended up being in 3rd.

Go back further, and in the original D&D, 4th level fighters were described as "superheroes" under the quasi-wargaming combat rules they had, able to effectively challage entire squads of troops with little risk. 'Course, fighting monsters was always a tricky proposition, but you got XP from loot, not killing. Dungeon Crawls were heists instead of action set pieces.

3rd edition, in a lot of ways, went the Sim Dungeon route, where everything about the guys who could rip holes in reality was so very realistic. I actually have a lot of disdain for this system due to, well, making everybody who didn't have magic conform to some sort of low-magic "realistic" hell, and they're expected to partner up with said realty-hole-rippers and everybody pretends that's a thing that makes sense. Also, there's a billion and a half feats and a billion and a quarter of them are useless.

4e works on the assumption that your party is a group of heroes with a penchant for getting into action set piece battles and are the folks who call out the names of their attacks. Sword slinging is as exactly as mechanically engaging, complex, and powerful as casting spells. That's not to say their aren't problems, but the problems are all math related. Hell, it was finely tuned enough that, if you followed the rules regarding encounter creation, the GM could be actively adversarial towards the players and everything would shake out fine.

Also, it feels like a cross between Final Fantasy Tactics and the (as yet unrealeased) Overwatch as far as it's roles go, so that's pretty fantastic. If you end up in a game of it, I recommend cutting the monster HP in half. Bloated HP totally made the combat feel grindy after the first half dozen rounds.

EDIT: I recommend this guy for talk about D&D in particular and rpg's in general. Tumblr link.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
altnameJag said:
Saelune said:
altnameJag said:

D&D is in a weird position because it's 6 completely different games with different underlying assumptions about what kind of game it is, all bundled together under one brand. 4e's greatest "sin", at least in the eyes of the edition warriors, was flattening the mechanical complexity. Or in other words, fighter types got more complex, and magic types got less complex. That also flattened out the power curve, and a lot of people tend to believe whole heartedly in caster supremacy.

Of course, a lot of the failiure point in the next editions of D&D were from trying to appease the old grognards. A lot of the save-or-die/take massive damage spells in 3rd came from 2nd, but while 2nd had some of the same problems in that regard they weren't as pronounced. Why? In 2nd edition, the Fighter had the best saving throws, bar none. You just couldn't count on that Command or Hold Person to land on a Fighter, and there wasn't a feat chain you could take to make that easier. Also, monsters tended to have higher saves, fewer HP, and did less raw damage, making fighters generally more useful than they ended up being in 3rd.

Go back further, and in the original D&D, 4th level fighters were described as "superheroes" under the quasi-wargaming combat rules they had, able to effectively challage entire squads of troops with little risk. 'Course, fighting monsters was always a tricky proposition, but you got XP from loot, not killing. Dungeon Crawls were heists instead of action set pieces.

3rd edition, in a lot of ways, went the Sim Dungeon route, where everything about the guys who could rip holes in reality was so very realistic. I actually have a lot of disdain for this system due to, well, making everybody who didn't have magic conform to some sort of low-magic "realistic" hell, and they're expected to partner up with said realty-hole-rippers and everybody pretends that's a thing that makes sense. Also, there's a billion and a half feats and a billion and a quarter of them are useless.

4e works on the assumption that your party is a group of heroes with a penchant for getting into action set piece battles and are the folks who call out the names of their attacks. Sword slinging is as exactly as mechanically engaging, complex, and powerful as casting spells. That's not to say their aren't problems, but the problems are all math related. Hell, it was finely tuned enough that, if you followed the rules regarding encounter creation, the GM could be actively adversarial towards the players and everything would shake out fine.

Also, it feels like a cross between Final Fantasy Tactics and the (as yet unrealeased) Overwatch as far as it's roles go, so that's pretty fantastic. If you end up in a game of it, I recommend cutting the monster HP in half. Bloated HP totally made the combat feel grindy after the first half dozen rounds.

EDIT: I recommend this guy for talk about D&D in particular and rpg's in general. Tumblr link.
I like roleplaying, and I like when the mechanics allow roleplay and 4th seemed to not do that. When every class is the same, what is to roleplay with that? My favorite part of 5th is Backgrounds cause it fuses roleplay and in-game mechanics.

You might like 5e. It still wants the players to be Heroes, but each class feels different and unique. Though also cause instead of prestige classes, each class has sub-classes that really make them different. For example, Rogue has Thief, Arcane Trickster and Assassin as its subclasses. And each wizard specialization has very neat very different abilities and they got rid of forbidden spells for them.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I picked 4th, but that's mostly because that was the one I've played the most. I recently got back into D&D and despite my initial hatred of 5th (how dare they change things that I'm used to) I have to admit that its actually good and it seems a lot easier to get people into.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I like D&D, though I have to admit that I've only played 5th Edition, it's just what my group is into, I mean I've played other RPGs, for example, I still play Legend of the 5 Rings 4th Edition on a regular basis, and I've played both Pathfinder and Numenera in the past.

In any case, I really like 5th edition though I mostly play Rogues & Bards and do my best to avoid combat.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
I've only really played 3.5 and 5th edition, and even those only to a limited extent. I like how 5e streamlined certain elements and cleaned up some mechanics, but the scarcity of feats you get to take does make it feel like once you've formed the basis of your character at the original creation, progression becomes really linear, which is a shame. I get how that makes it much easier to balance the game as a whole, but I look forward to leveling up less when I don't have any actual decisions to make.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Fat Hippo said:
I've only really played 3.5 and 5th edition, and even those only to a limited extent. I like how 5e streamlined certain elements and cleaned up some mechanics, but the scarcity of feats you get to take does make it feel like once you've formed the basis of your character at the original creation, progression becomes really linear, which is a shame. I get how that makes it much easier to balance the game as a whole, but I look forward to leveling up less when I don't have any actual decisions to make.
Feats are optional. As someone else who started with 3.5, feats are standard when I DM, but it was designed to be played without feats but here they are if you want them.

I like that the game has more rules and suggestions for other ways to improve your character though. I also like the Downtime Unearthed Arcana which elaborates some more on it, letting players use it to learn languages and proficiencies and stuff. I hope a refined version of it ends up in the new books.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I played all of them, up to 5. Though a lot of my personal favorite moments were in Advanced D&D and 2nd Ed, I voted for 3.5/Pathfinder, because our campaign really has spent the most time in this version of the game (and it was the last iteration where our characters could all be converted more or less), and there were some amazing moments through our games that came to fruition through this set of rules.

We played 4th edition, but it felt a lot like a video game, and that was a con for us, at the time.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Had to vote for 5E because I've only played D&D once ( a few weeks ago) and it was obviously the latest version. I have always wanted to play but just recently got linked up with a group of friends who have experience/the interest to play as well. Long story short, I FUCKING LOVED IT. My first character is a human Paladin and I am playing with my girlfriend ( a wood elf druid) as well as two of our friends who are a couple who are an Eladrin Paladin and a halfling rogue. Our buddy Chris is our DM and it's his first time as DM so there are a lot of firsts in our group. I am toying with making something a little more unusual like an incredibly obnoxious bard or a blind monk.

Currently wrestling with other people in our friends group who want to get involved but aren't as committed. So we're trying to balance being exclusionary and coming across as rude and giving everyone a chance to play. I just don't want things to get too hectic and unwieldy. I have very little patience for dealing with who can make it this week/who can't get there on time/ etc. Plus it's not fair to our DM who needs to plan ahead for all this.

Mechamorph

Dec 7, 2008
I voted for AD&D (2nd Ed) as it is the closest to my heart. D&D (1st Ed) was literally kitbashed in a garage and highly unrefined. AD&D was mechanically over-complicated but it was the last edition to have the direct influence of the original creators. I had tons of fun with 2nd Ed, it was the edition of my childhood. The sheer amount of material made it never dull, my group campaigned from the Generic Western Fantasy of Oerth, to the "insert fantasy stereotype land here" map of Faerun, the deserts of Zakhara, the blasted wasteland of Athas, the Hammer Horror land of Ravenloft and everything in between. We fought a bipedal hippopotamas armed with a musket and an inexplicably British accent, realized the value of the Tongues spell when we wound up in Sigil.

Third Edition and its offshoots set off a war to see which of us could twink our character the best. We even did a gestalt campaign where devastating powers were unleashed upon the world due to gestalts making up 10% of the population. Mechanically 3E streamlined and rationalized a lot of the older rulesets which honestly where what Gary Gygax or Dave Arneson could house rule on the spot sometimes.
It started with great ideas but the WotC books lead to immense power creep due to poor quality control and interaction between separate rules. The fact that WotC publishes Magic: the Gathering was not lost on us.

Fourth Edition. My game group does not talk of Fourth Edition. We are old neckbeards, even the women, so we regard it as an abomination unto Man and God. None of us liked it, it felt like an MMOrpg and too "safe". Characters became too samey due to a heavy simplification of the rules system. Sure I can admit that it has its fans but we are not among them.

Fifth Edition has been fun so far, it is something of a hybrid of 4th and 3rd with a dash of 2nd. The setting changes had been less well received since we are set in our ways. Personally I did not like the new magic item system, seems to lose a lot of the wonder from the old set since they have a very strong "adds pluses to rolls" theme compared to the older sets.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Love me some DnD!
This year I've really gotten into true play podcasts and spiraled downwards into Dnd way more that I liked it previously.

I've been making a random Carousing table recently
Depending on town size some places/ items will need to be modified. Events are designed to be resolved
quickly and not break the game too much. It?s up to the DM to decide how far reaching the repercussions are
for the rolled event..

1. You wake up completely fine. Great in fact. You go down stairs and the innkeeper gives you breakfast
on the house. As you leave you find 1 Gp on the ground
2. You wake up in your room with a large pile of the town?s mailboxes piled in the corner
3. You wake up in the local jail. The Guards demand to know ?What did you do with all the town signs!?
They will let you go eventually
4. Somehow you have run up the record bar tab in the history of the tavern and payed it in full. You
have no clue where you got the money and you?re coin pouch is the same
5. You wake up falling. On landing you see you were on the roof of the tavern take 1d10 nonlethal
damage.
6. You wake up staring into a black portal hovering in mid air. The darkness seems to be swirling
inwards. As you look into its depths you can just see a tired and dishevelled looking man. His form
seems to be faded he sees you and says. ?Oh thank god you are awake. You win the bet! You
summon portals. Please let me out it?s terrifying in here?? Touching, investigating or going near the
portal causes it to disappear.
7. You wake up in the alchemy store the door has been kicked in and all the health potions are missing
no one has noticed the break in yet. You feel great, long rest and 5 temporary hit points
8. You feel a sharp pain in your stomach rolling over on your side the pain moves up to your chest.
Violently coughing you spit out something. A fairy rolls onto the ground covered in bile. She shakes
herself off and says ?Rude [Character race]!? then flies away
9. You feel a ringing in your ears. You awake lying beside a small crater, a plume of smoke is wafting
into the sky. People are running away from the area. If asked someone will tell you while calming
down ?You were standing in the street, asleep, holding a box of glass things you must have dropped
it.?
10. You awake being hugged by a large sleeping Half Orc. Their grip is a dc 15 strength or dex check. On
a fail they grab tighter and sleep for 4 more hours. As they awake the apologize and say ?me sorry me
thought you were fluffy sheep.
11. You wake up in the dark a slim bead of light is above you. Fumbling you find stairs leading up to a
trapdoor. Opening it you see you are in the forest outside of town.
12. You wake up standing in a faint glowing circle any step you take it stays the same distance from you
no one else can see this circle. It gets closer and closer within the hour. As it reaches you nothing
happens. Then a tiny bang like a popping balloon gives you a small fright. Someone near you laughs
?Yells got you good!? and runs..
13. You wake up in bed in an unfamiliar inn, you?re wearing nicer clothes and all your equipment has been
cleaned. Everything smells vaguely of lilac.
14. You wake up there is a fully grown tree in the room with you it has glowing fruit hanging from its
trees. A primordial serpent coiled around a branch stares at you. You hear words projected into your
mind. ?You hath summoned a branch of the world tree child. To take its fruit is to take it?s power.?
Upon taking the fruit the tree begins to burn. The fruit in your hand turns to maggots and you hear in
your mind ?We will remember this act.? A pile of ash is all that remains on the floor.
15. You wake up there is torn paper scattered throughout the room a scrap in you hand reads ?These are
your memories and this is now your curse. Enjoy signed -E.H? The further scraps of paper seem
strangely harder to remember. You gather the scraps into a leather journal placed by the bed. The
paper regarding last night seems to me missing. Add book of memories to you inventory.
16. You wake up a bard is playing music to you while you had been sleeping. He sings ?a bet you had lost
and this is the cost I shall follow you throughout the entire day. You actions I sing and this music shall
bring no luck or joy to come your way.? His singing is terrible.
17. You wake up a floating eye is inches from your face you hear in your mind ?Oh! We shall
be?..watching you for a while!? The eye then turns to sand. Each night the same thing will happen for
1d6 days
18. You wake up a man in black clothes is measuring you. ?Ah Good morning sir. Your suit shall be ready
by the end of the day. Just a few more measurements. If you stay in town another day a suit of fine
clothes are left on your bed as you go to sleep
19. You wake up in the woods. 3d12 miconids are standing in a circle around you, singing a song you
vaguely remember from your early childhood as you wake they run.
20. You wake up in a warm dark place, it is wet and smells horrible. Moving around you find an opening
emerging into the daylight a passing towns person screams and faints as you clamor out. you see that
you slept inside a, now dead cow. You are covered in gore.
21. You awake in an explosion of light. Someone has cast light on you while you slept. Coupled with your
hangover the brightness emanating from you makes life pretty miserable. The spell lasts 1 hour. And
someone recasts it on you during the morning. (DC 15 Dex save)
22. You wake up knitting. You have knitted a whole scarf during the night. Every night after, until the
curse is removed, you do the same and have no idea where the yarn or needles come from.
23. You wake up in your bed. You are dressed as a member of the local watch your other clothes are
nowhere to be seen.
24. You wake up a tiefling is face to face with you chanting in demonic. Their eyes start bleeding as reality
begins to warp around the both of you. Fear holds still you as fire takes over the wooden room. The
Tiefling places her hand on your shoulder and says in a perfectly normal voice ?You haven?t paid you
tab for last night.? And reality snaps back. ?I?ll be downstairs breakfast is eggs or porridge.?
25. You wake up in your bed. You are 2d6 gp poorer. The room is completely filled with bread loaves.
26. You wake up in the alchemy store the door has been kicked in and there are glass vials everywhere a
broom is hopping around the room trying to escape
27. You awake to a distant, nervous sounding voice saying ?Ok you can do this, you can do this. Healing
spell..ok Muttering? Dc 7 archana check you realise they are mistakenly casting a grease spell on you.l
28. You wake up in the alchemy store the door has been kicked in and there are glass vials everywhere.
In the centre of the room there is a bucket. The floor below if has melted looking below you see a
gelatinous cube in the basement.
29. You wake up carrying a chest of draws, another, still really drunk, patron is crying next to you. ?Why
did she have to die!? He passes out.
30. You wake up in your bed to a buzzing sound. Two bee hives are by the door, approaching causes the
bees begin to swarm.
31. You wake up in a small room, seated at a table. There is a bottle with a glowing object levitating
inside placed in front of you. Opening the bottle, the room and all of its continents disappear you hear
a whisper in what you think is either angelic or demonic. Keeping the bottle does nothing. It
disappears if ever opened.
32. You wake up in the alchemy store the door has been kicked in and there are glass vials everywhere a
book is floating in the middle of the room. On noticing you are awake it begins yelling. ?You fool you
turned me into a book! Who the hell sneaks into an alchemy store at night and turns the owner into a
book!??
33. You wake up in your bed, sitting in a chair watching you sleep is the bartender ?Ah you?re awake! You
bought the tavern last night. I just wanted to give you the contract.?
34. You wake up in your bed, sitting in a chair watching you sleep is a man in old armour ?Ah you?re
awake! Welcome to the order my son you?ll know what to do.? He leaves a wooden carving of a sheep
on the chair and exits the room without another word.
35. You wake up and there are daisies growing from your crotch area. Beside you lies a clear potion with a
note. (Sorry it should clear up in a few days)
36. You wake up in the local jail. The Guards are all laughing at you and say ?Worry not lad we were all
young once!? They let you on your way
37. You wake up with a stone (Dowsing stone) in your hand. You feel it pull constantly towards the door.
Putting it down the stone slowly slides across the floor. Following it the stone leads to a small house
near the edge of town. The door is unlocked you hear muffled voices coming from inside. Opening the
door two mice look at you startled they scurry away. The stone loses it?s magic.
38. You wake up in your bed. You have a note in your hand that says ?Meet me by the moonlit river and
this all didn?t happen? a single sunflower is in your pocket. You also feel different; like something is
missing but you can?t place what.
39. You wake up in the presence of a local wizard with a glass beaker of bubbling liquid. He looks at you
expectantly. ?Drink up friend? The liquid is a Potion of gaseous form he cheers ?It worked!?
40. You wake up in your bed. Your knuckles are bruised, bloodied, and you?re covered in splinters. Your
pockets are filled with fresh apples. You have a vague memory of something to do with bet and a
dryad.
41. You wake up in the presence of a local wizard with a glass beaker of bubbling liquid. He looks at you
expectantly. ?Drink up friend? The liquid is a Complete hangover cure
42. You wake up after a slap on the back ?Come now boy/lass don?t nod off? as your eyes adjust to the
light and another man with a wooden stick begins running at you. You are also holding a similar stick.
Roll initiative. Use the stats of a MM enemy. Non lethal and damage doesn't carry over.
43. You wake up upon you back being dragged by the foot tied to a riderless horse. It?s only going at a
slow pace.
44. You wake up in the alchemy store the door has been kicked in and there are glass vials everywhere.
In the centre of the room there is a bucket. Streaking out of the bucket is mold everywhere. The
walls, the floor and the roof is being overtaken by the mold.
45. You smell burning. You realise you?ve rolled and put your foot into the tavern fireplace that you were
sleeping next to. Your pants are catching fire, pat it out and take 1 point of fire damage.
46. You wake up to a panicked looking young wood elf. ?Um um...You?re ok I was so worried and you
were just lying there and you wouldn?t wake up?. I tried to help but I?m only an apprentice and um I
ran out of leeches so and um I didn?t know what to do. You?re ok though!? Looking down you realise
that you are covered in 3d12 leeches.
47. You awake still holding a beer sitting in the prayer room of the temple. 10% chance it?s to a drunken
god. Otherwise there are some angry looking clerics looking at you.
48. You wake up on the roof of your inn room. On the floor is an empty expensive looking glass bottle.
Just as you gain your bearings the effect wears off. 1d4 nonlethal falling damage.
49. You are awoken by a sudden pushing at your side. Something then steps on your chest. An old Gnome
steps of you and keeps cleaning the gutter away from you.
50. You are awoken by a flood of cold water and then a bucket striking you in the head. Opening your
eyes the bartender is cleaning the bar. ?Sorry didn?t mean to wake you friend. Ye might want to
apologise to the young lass ye tackled last night. She?s a bit banged up.?
51. You wake up on the floor of your room. All the furniture and rugs have been moved up against the
walls. In the center is a crudely drawn summoning circle ringed with the remains of black candles. At
the center of the circle is a really fantastic looking sandwich.
52. You wake up and you have forgotten something important. Very important?..Something that you just
can?t quite remember. Something about the town? You? rats? A plague? Nah must be nothing.
53. You wake up in a temple. In a coffin. Several monks are standing over you offering a pauper?s last
rites. They seem surprised when you start moving.
54. You wake up with the bard from last night's? Lute badly damaged next to you and his hat. Your hand
feels like you punched someone.
55. Being found asleep in a stranger's bed is embarrassing. Being found on their kitchen table is hard to
make excuses about
56. You wake up in the presence of a local wizard with a glass beaker of bubbling liquid. He looks at you
expectantly. ?Drink up friend? The liquid Covers you completely in hair.
57. You wake up and your head is stuck in a fence
58. You wake up and the door to your room has been boarded shut from the inside ?they are all
Were-zombies? is written on the wall in your handwriting
59. You realise the tavern?s mice and cockroaches are undertaking a battle for supremacy in your room.
By the door a Druid is watching inently. He says ?I still say the mice will have it this time.? if the mice
win the player loses 5Gp if the roaches win they win the bet
60. You wake up inside a half empty barrel of red wine. Or is it half full? That depends on the player. The
barrel is sealed but not airtight.
61. You wake up in a tiny room to the sound of forest birds. As you gain your bearings you notice that you
are actually just huge. A glass labeled ?Potion of growth? is next to you and it looks as though much of
the contents has been drunk. (the effect lasts 1 hour).
62. You wake up in the town jail. They claim you to be Althura a powerful warlock who tried to destroy the
town last night. They realise you?re not him after some questioning
63. You wake up inside a chest as you emerge out a Elf screams ?AHH Mimic! and punches you in the
face- 1 point of damage?
64. You wake up in the woods 1d4 miles from where you last remember being. You are in the middle of a
perfect circle of trees, naked save for the freshly flayed skin of a lamb draped around your shoulders.
65. You wake up with two mason pots stuck on your hands a liquid sloshes inside. When you break them a
small water elemental forms from both and then runs away.
66. You wake up in the presence of a local wizard with a glass beaker of bubbling liquid. He looks at you
expectantly. ?Drink up friend? The liquid causes you to remember and experience every moment from
your birth until this moment at the same time.
67. You wake up on a rowboat chained to an oar as a large Orc beats a drum as you shake your head you
realise you are just in the alley behind the tavern. You are still chained to an oar though.
68. You wake up in the woods you are holding a bear cub.
69. You wake up in what looks to be a cupboard. Opening the door a crack you see a couple sleeping in a
bed a few feet from you
70. You wake up riding a horse through the morning townsquare foot traffic
71. You wake up in an alley. 1d6 other sleeping people are wearing various articles of your clothing.
72. You wake up in an alley. A group of local children are poking you with sticks and arguing about
whether or not you?re dead.
73. You wake up in an alley feeling sore. A bed is smashed to the side of you, all of your belongings are
throughout the alley and there?s a hole in the wall above you.
74. You wake up in a field in the place of a scarecrow, clothes and all
75. You wake up on your knees in a field looking at a recently dug hole. An open book written in an
unknown language lies at the bottom.
76. You realise that you?re running and so?s the person in front of you. They look quite scared.
77. You realise you?re running looking around you?re about three hours from town and you mustn?t have
slept
78. You wake up in the bakery covered in flour an angry baking woman stands over you with a rolling pin
79. You wake up. Next to you is a complete stranger. Both of you are wearing wedding bands.
80. You can?t remember last night?. But the six other people asleep in your bed might...
81. You wake up in a locked storage room there is an unconscious and badly beaten man tied to a chair.
An old Dwarf comes in puts a bag of 5 gold in your hands and says ?Good work now get out of here?
82. You wake up in the local temple surrounded by the party they have concerned looks on their faces but
won?t tell you what happened
83. You wake up in the alchemy store the door has been kicked in and there are glass vials littered about
the floor. In the centre of the room is a bucket. Looking inside you see the bottom has dissolved. So
has the floor of the basement below...So has the ground...
84. You wake up naked and notice an old Dwarf is sitting a few feet away drawing something ?Morning
sunny! Don?t mind old Bart he?s just sketching.?
85. You wake up holding a lit torch and as you stir the bed begins to catch fire.
86. You wake up in the hut to the sound of forest birds. A glass labeled ?potion of wonderous design? is
next to you and it looks as though much of the contents has been drunk. You also then notice you are
a different race (The effect lasts 24 hours)
87. You wake up having slept in the hedge of a local house. A frowning old man is walking towards you.
88. You wake up behind the inn covered in blood. You are uninjured and there is no one else around
89. You wake up in a field. A badger is looking at you he says ?Oh you are awake!....As you where.? and
runs off down a hole.
90. You wake up naked in the town square someone has put their hat over your ?Shame?
91. You wake up in a closed box. Outside, you hear the sounds of dirt hitting the lid.
92. You wake up in the alchemy store the door has been kicked in and there are glass vials everywhere a
book is floating in the middle of the room. The book speaks ?Ah master you have freed me. I am
forever in your debt.? You gain a sentient book companion
93. You wake up down the town well on top of a suit of armor that has been wedged into the brickwork.
94. You wake up and have been tattooed with the word ?Never forget Ben?
95. You wake up surrounded by you dead party members all saying ?You killed us PLAYER, you killed us
all? they disappear after the player moves or makes an action .
96. You wake up covered in ink with a piece of parchment in your other hand. Writing not of your own is
scrawled across the page. It is of a person you have killed speaking of vengeance.
97. You wake up on a wooden floor in some kind of cottage out of town. You have a number of small
wounds all over your body. Waiting for you on the table are a warm pot of tea, 4d10 copper pieces in
a bag, and a ?Thank you? note.
98. You wake up in the hut to the sound of forest birds. A glass labeled ?potion of wonderous design? is
next to you and it looks as though much of the contents has been drunk. You are now: green for 24
hours (Blue if already green)
99. You wake up in the presence of a local wizard with a glass beaker of bubbling liquid. He looks at you
expectantly. ?Drink up friend? You feel compelled to drink. You go blind for 8 hours. ?Oh my that?s
not?..*Sound of disappearing footsteps*?
100. You wake up to find yourself seated at a table. There is a quill in one hand and a nail driven into
the other. Across from you sits a well-dressed sinister man looking directly into your eyes saying
nothing. In front of you is a contract filled with an unknown and complex looking language. ?This is
the deal, I will not explain it again!? (Once the contract is signed or if the PC refuses, the man
disappears in a cloud of sulfurous smoke.)

EDIT: I just thought of the best/worse 5e rule.
Performance check on bardic inspiration on a natural 1 it becomes a vicious mockery spell.
[small][sub]I am an evil Dm[/sub][/small]