Poll: Looking to watch a movie tonight... can't decide.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I'm thinking a light-hearted movie that I haven't seen, not sure what one really appeals to me. So I turn to democracy!

What's in the poll is what I see on itunes at this very moment, but feel free to suggest your own ideas.

Edit: Damn you, escapist! Y U EAT POLL!?

Here's the list:
Tangled
Brave
The Croods
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs
Rio
Puss in Boots
Die Hard
Other

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
Why are you still here? Go watch Die Hard. Watch it now.

After you finish reattaching your face (because it will have been BLOWN OFF), you can come back and thank us.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Most of those I either haven't seen or were mediocre at best (Brave, Puss in Boots), so just go for Die Hard, you'll have fun with it. I know I did and I'm not even usually into 'big guns and explosions' type movies.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I watched Die hard. Pretty awesome. Thanks for the recommendations! :D

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Die Hard is a lot of fun. It's got action and laughs in almost equal measure. It's not cheesy, but genuinely funny. The same goes for the second, they're both great to watch at Christmas. If you go for it, you'll likely find a lot of good lines stick in your mind.

EDIT: We...we were too late...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Tangled or The Croods. Both are a lot of fun. Tangled is absolutely gorgeous and The Croods is really funny.

I mean, er, Die Hard, of course. Manly men only ever watch Die Hard, amirite?

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
yeesh. i was going to make a suggestion, but the tide's against me. it would be futile to suggest anything but die hard at this point. -.-;;

OT: die hard. just in case any mods missed my implied recommendation and get any funny ideas about LC.

Knife

Mar 20, 2011
Go watch Die Hard again, then watch Die Hard 2 and 3 (and forget the rest of the movies in the series). Why is anything else even an option?

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Well I think Tangled is the best movie on that list (I haven't seen The Croods though), another good choice would be ... Wait a second, why is Die Hard on the list?

Are you saying you haven't seen Die Hard!? You best remedy that cultural void right away.

[small][sub]Tangled is still better though[/sub][/small]

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Full Metal Bolshevik said:
I own Die Hard, but never saw it.

It just looks like a dumb action movie. Even if it's good, is it meaningful in any way?
Is it meaningful?!? Of course it is! Its meaning is simply AWESOME.

If you're hoping for a deep message or whatnot, Die Hard isn't really up that alley. It is, however, and extremely well executed action movie with some great humor. Plus, the first one has Bruce Willis fighting Snape.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I love that you wanted to watch something "light-hearted" and then put Die Hard on the list. Great film and all, but not sure I'd call it light hearted. :)

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Full Metal Bolshevik said:
I own Die Hard, but never saw it.

It just looks like a dumb action movie. Even if it's good, is it meaningful in any way?
It's an action movie, but far from a dumb one. The writing is very sharp to this day, and it holds up excellently in nearly all areas. It's entertaining, but don't look for the Second Coming in it. There's one thing about it that is even more subversive in today's world than when it was released, which I won't spoil, and that's meaningful suppose.

OT: One of those movies is not like the others... and by that I mean I've only seen Die Hard, but I've heard a lot of good things about Tangled too, so my pick would be one from those two. The rest, from what I've gathered, range from pretty good to mediocre.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
is the Die Hard the original? Because if it's one of the two latest in the series go watch Tangled, otherwise go watch Die Hard.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Brave is an absolutely superb film, a true rarity. Better than the rest on that list, that's for sure.

It also comes with an amazing short called La Luna. About cleaning the moon.

Watch that. Or, if not, Dredd.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
You should watch "Accepted". Seriously, one of the funniest movies of all time. From your list, Tangled is also a very good movie.