Poll: Losing your virginity - Overhyped?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I honestly think it's subjective.

Based on what I've read in a few of the post before mine... it seems to me that those who don't consider sex itself a big deal in and of itself don't consider virginity a big deal. For them, sex is just sex and virginity is only virginity.

Now taking my thoughts into account and how I feel about sex--as in I don't effing understand how it can be "just" anything--I can probably guess that those who see sex as something that should happen between people who at least like each other or that it should mean something... probably believe that your virginity should be a major thing.

I say this as a 23 year old virgin female. I have severe doubts I could ever truly have meaningless sex. It boggles my mind. So when I do lose my virginity--and I will, I believe I'd like it to be with a guy I have some feelings for. Because I dunno what I'd do otherwise.

smurf_you

Jun 1, 2010
Honestly I decided to lose mine at 16, it wasn't with someone I *loved* per say, but it was someone I trusted, both to not be a dick about it and not to tell everyone about it like he won a prize or something. It was pretty great, it hurt a bit at first, I bled (a lot o.o) but then It didn't hurt anymore. (felt pretty damn good actually)

*shrugs* I never really felt any different, and I didn't see why everyone always said to wait until you were with someone 'special' I never regretted it, and I don't think I ever will.

Also I thought he was pretty cool by not making fun of my room at the time (my parents decided that at 16, I needed a room painted entirely pink >.<) was a horrifying sight, let me tell you lol

Edit, just realized that I posted in here twice lol ^_^ oh well, this one is so much better written ^_^

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Freezy_Breezy said:
AMMO Kid said:
I'm waiting till marriage because apparently 95% of people who wait till marriage have better sex than those who test drive the car(if you know what I mean)/
That's one of the most bullshit statistics I've ever seen.

EVER.

Don't know who told you that champ, but they were talking out of their arse.

OT: Losing your virginity usually isn't that great. Once you know what you're doing, though, sex is awesome.
Two funny things:

1. I posted that a long time ago lol

2. Of course that isn't true, I must have hit a wrong key or something when I was typing lol.

What I meant to say was that people who wait until marriage generally have a better emotional sex life, whilst those who don't have a better physical sex life.

Yea that is a pretty bullshit figure...

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
Wow, lots of discussion.

For me, it depends on how you lose your virginity. Lose it just to say you did or just to have sex? Fuck all, that makes it worthless. But to me, you should lose it to or with that one special person. That person you know you're comfortable to be with forever, even if you break up later down the line.

That's how I wish I lost mine. I regret my decision still to this day. For fun knowledge though, she pushed for it, not me.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Personally, no. The whole thing was a paradigm shift for me, and was overall, a fantastic experience. I felt like a whole new person afterward.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
I'm 18 and I haven't lost it yet. It really sucks. I've kind of got to that place where it's like if you haven't lost it by now you probably never will.

AusGamer44

Mar 24, 2011
It hurt like hell and was pretty horrible.Note to parents and educators-will you PLEASE tell young women about the possibility of having a retroverted womb? This is a VERY common natural biological variant-about a quarter of women have one.
Basically,the womb is in a position where it can cause sex to be painful in certain positions.
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Retroverted_uterus?open
Without enough stimulation/lubrication,it can make sex agony.My first partner intimated he was 'too big' for me and I 'had a problem'(e.g vaginismus- a psychological barrier to having sex.This was HOOEY).Once I'd been to a gynecologist and was made aware of the fact, a bit of preparation for the next time made all the difference.A small percentage of women need surgery to fix it,but most of us don't.But maybe if I had known this was an issue for me sooner,one easily fixed by certain sexual positions and lubricants,I wouldn't have felt such a freak and told Mr Romance to go f**K HIMSELF. Once I met a man who HAD A CLUE about this-well,it was awesome.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I'm of the opinion that virginity is only a social phenomenon and as such I don't subscribe to it. So in my opinion there's not really anything to lose.

Annoying semantics aside, my first time wasn't really all that memorable. The second time, yeah that was a lot better. And don't even get me started on the third...

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Kendarik said:
The Rockerfly said:
First time is shit, afterwards it gets much, much better

Plus you can imagine the person naked in the future...
Speak for yourself, my first time was great.

I will never forget it, it really was a highlight moment for me.
Actually my first time was okay, just shit compared to some of the other times and compared to other lovers I've had in the future. I don't remember losing my virginity because I lost it well over 5 years ago

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I would say it's overhyped, yes.
Granted... We were both drunk as all fuck at the time. Had to abort it before really getting it on, and I can't remember many details.

Before people go "you ruined your first time by drinking", I don't put any significance in the concept of "the first time". Sure, it was a crappy experience, but it's not like it matters. Having food I don't like for dinner is a crappy experience as well.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Eh, I dunno. It's definitely a big thing, I'd say it was an important part of growing up. Mainly because it dispels a lot of myths and things. I don't really think it's possible to have a sensible view on sex if you've never had it, but I don't think it's some kind important for 'making you a REAL MAN. It's precisely that it doesn't that helps you grow up. If that makes sense.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I was 23, she was 18, I was tied up shibari-style and blindfolded. All in all, pretty fun.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
There was a sense of being proud i could say. ALthough my girlfriend was in a bit of pain for the beginning...but after the first couple of times it is excellent.

Losing your virginity isnt really over rated imo.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Queen Michael said:
I was 23, she was 18, I was tied up shibari-style and blindfolded. All in all, pretty fun.
I was blindfolded last night, best thing I have ever experienced.