Poll: Lost faith in the internet

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
Yes, ANOTHER one of these threads! I'm soo cool and edgy and hip and everyone wants to be ME! My cynicism and level headedness just oozes from my body. Questions are immediately answered in my mind. I am a pillar of logic, facts be damned. You are wrong, always.

Am I cool now?

---

There's a point and question in there somewhere. >.>

/Irony

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I know right?

I belive that EVERYONE should be killed because EVERYONE is so evil, I also belie we should start over with eugenics

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
One thing that irks me about these posts, well several, but I'll start from the top. Can we please stop using the word 'faith' to measure our affinity/averseness towards the general population. I don't have faith in humanity or anything, becasue I do not believe in faith as a concept, as it is 'Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence' which I do not approve of. Also, people who denounce their so called faith because of an isolated incident, usually one that is pretty inconsequential, stop it. If one lone, small scale event is the cause of your misanthropy, then you have lost all sense of greater perspective. Which brings me to my next issue; if those of you spewing the 'they're just kids who think nihilism/misanthropy/angstiness is kewl' line are chastising the people whose perspective on our civilisation is built on petty inconveniences and myopia, then fair enough. However, some of us hold humanity in low regard because of the thousands of years of genocide, slavery, war, oppression, indoctrination, avarice, exploitation, famine, injustice, discrimination, bigotry, hypocracy, religious fundamentalism, cruelty, ignorance and callousness that humanity has demonstrated and we let continue to this day. And if you are genuinely insinuating that even with this reasoning the entire concepts of nihilism, misanthropy, atheism, mistrust, skepticism etc. are just naive, youthful delusions adopted by the fickle who want to appear 'edgy', then I heartily say fuck you. Furthermore, when I say I hold humanity as a whole in low regard does not mean I believe that every individual on this planet is destitute of philanthropic intent. I'm just saying there is a lot of prejuidice and cruelty in this world, that people are largely indifferent to the suffering of those around them and despite the slow but sure progress we've made in most areas (in Western civilisation at least) I don't expect things to improve on a larger scale any time soon. I'm just being realistic, you don't need to lie to produce positive reinforcement. Humanity is like trudging through a series of dark, sullen, desolate, lonely caverns until every now and then rays of angelic light pierce through the rocks warming your skin. After so long seeing nothing but misery and decay, being atrophised of compassion, there are people, there acts of such incredible kindness and selflessness that they are enough to make you keep pushing through. Not the best metaphor in the world, but I hoped that it served to cohesively express my perspective.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I'm sorry but I don't possess the necessary super brain required to make sense of the OP. Call me a moron of you wish but i am a little confused right now.

After reading it again (and having much trouble pushing the a button on my phone) I believe you are making some kind of ironic point so yes people who lose faith in humanity are in my opinion over reacting to something bad or stupid that happened to them.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
OmniscientOstrich said:
One thing that irks me about these posts, well several, but I'll start from the top. Can we please stop using the word 'faith' to measure our affinity/averseness towards the general population. I don't have faith in humanity or anything, becasue I do not believe in faith as a concept, as it is 'Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence' which I do not approve of. Also, people who denounce their so called faith because of an isolated incident, usually one that is pretty inconsequential, stop it. If one lone, small scale event is the cause of your misanthropy, then you have lost all sense of greater perspective. Which brings me to my next issue; if those of you spewing the 'they're just kids who think nihilism/misanthropy/angstiness is kewl' line are chastising the people whose perspective on our civilisation is built on petty inconveniences and myopia, then fair enough. However, some of us hold humanity in low regard because of the thousands of years of genocide, slavery, war, oppression, indoctrination, avarice, exploitation, famine, injustice, discrimination, bigotry, hypocracy, religious fundamentalism, cruelty, ignorance and callousness that humanity has demonstrated and we let continue to this day. And if you are genuinely insinuating that even with this reasoning the entire concepts of nihilism, misanthropy, atheism, mistrust, skepticism etc. are just naive, youthful delusions adopted by the fickle who want to appear 'edgy', then I heartily say fuck you. Furthermore, when I say I hold humanity as a whole in low regard does not mean I believe that every individual on this planet is destitute of philanthropic intent. I'm just saying there is a lot of prejuidice and cruelty in this world, that people are largely indifferent to the suffering of those around them and despite the slow but sure progress we've made in most areas (in Western civilisation at least) I don't expect things to improve on a larger scale any time soon. I'm just being realistic, you don't need to lie to produce positive reinforcement. Humanity is like trudging through a series of dark, sullen, desolate, lonely caverns until every now and then rays of angelic light pierce through the rocks warming your skin. After so long seeing nothing but misery and decay, being atrophised of compassion, there are people, there acts of such incredible kindness and selflessness that they are enough to make you keep pushing through. Not the best metaphor in the world, but I hoped that it served to cohesively express my perspective.
Someone ignored the /irony

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
MorphingDragon said:
Yes, ANOTHER one of these threads! I'm soo cool and edgy and hip and everyone wants to be ME! My cynicism and level headedness just oozes from my body. Questions are immediately answered in my mind. I am a pillar of logic, facts be damned. You are wrong, always.

Am I cool now?

---

/Irony
I think I speak for a large chunk of the viewing public when I say...

[HEADING=1]"What the sense make?"[/HEADING]

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
FalloutJack said:
MorphingDragon said:

Am I cool now?

---

/Irony
I think I speak for a large chunk of the viewing public when I say...

[HEADING=1]"What the sense make?"[/HEADING]
Also part of the irony.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Google Chrome won't close this Last.fm tab I have open, no matter how many times I middle-click on it or click the X on it.
I've just lost faith in the internet.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
MorphingDragon said:

Am I cool now?
I could say "no", but since i'm always wrong that'd mean you are cool for doing this... which would kill the irony of your post. Funny how that works, huh?

Seriously though i'm getting pretty tired of hearing how people lose faith in humanity as well. It's 2011 and we're still gonna paint everyone with the same brush we used to colour the idiots of the world? Just seems counterproductive if you ask me.

I LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY, MAKING ME THE ONLY SANE, SUPERIOR BEING ON EARTH! KNEEL, YOU HOPELESS SOD!

Yuck...

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
OmniscientOstrich said:
Wall of text.

Stop ruining my faith in the Internet.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
Ulquiorra4sama said:
MorphingDragon said:

Am I cool now?
I could say "no", but since i'm always wrong that'd mean you are cool for doing this... which would kill the irony of your post. Funny how that works, huh?

Damn you, didn't think of that.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
MorphingDragon said:
No, when I was talking about the things that irk me about 'these posts' I meant that as a general term pertaining to all of things I mentioned. Your ironic statement came across as though it were insinuating that the only people who claim to lose their faith in humanity are those doing it to appear edgy, which I attest to be bullshit which is why I went on that rant. Though it could have been you were mocking the very people who spout this very same shit or those who lose faith in humanity because someone threw a sandwich in their face or that you were just mocking the general attitudes and responses of all people who post in these 'faith in humanity' threads, in which case, kudos and do hope it's the latter.

EDIT: Basically I wasn't really adressing you, so much as giving my two cents on the more common opinions expressed in these 'faith in humanity' threads.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
OmniscientOstrich said:
MorphingDragon said:
No, when I was talking about the things that irk me about 'these posts' I meant that as a general term pertaining to all of things I mentioned. Your ironic statement came across as though it were insinuating that the only people who claim to lose their faith in humanity are those doing it to appear edgy, which I attest to be bullshit which is why I went on that rant. Though it could have been you were mocking the very people who spout this very same shit or those who lose faith in humanity because someone threw a sandwich in their face or that you were just mocking the general attitudes and responses of all people who post in these 'faith in humanity' threads, in which case, kudos and do hope it's the latter.

EDIT: Basically I wasn't really adressing you, so much as giving my two cents on the more common opinions expressed in these 'faith in humanity' threads.
It was meant to be the latter, but English fails me.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
MorphingDragon said:
It was meant to be the latter, but English fails me.
Fair enough, I was just confused about to whom the irony was directed. I've got to admit these kind of 'humanity' threads crop up way to often and I ought to really stop getting suckered into posting on them. Ah well, I'll just ignore the next one that comes around.