Poll: Madness Project Nexus 2

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
Instead of arguing about BORING things like 'women' and 'journalism', we should talk killing vaguely people shaped walking bags of blood.

Madness Project Nexus is a Newgrounds Flash game set in the Madness universe made by Krinkles, the Swain, and a bunch of other people. It's a very high quality piece of work where you mow down rows of grey skinned ambiguously evil dudes. You could juke and jive while shooting and slashing your way through a bunch of increasingly difficult stages. It's pretty much the perfect free mindless shooter game. You can play it here

Now, that's all well and good, but Flash is pretty restrictive in what you can do, so Swain and Krinkles had a plan for a second game. It's been a year or so of planning and they finally made their move for some funding.
Now, making games costs money, right, so the best move was a kickstarter, both to get some game-cash and to gauge public interest. It's been lookin' pretty sweet, and its currently functional but, as always, games cost money and you can't work on a game if you're starving to death. [footnote]Promotion in no way affiliated with the people making this game[/footnote]

You can see here where the money is going to go, and everyone likes to know whether or not they will be scammed out of a hundred dollars funding a game. These guys are good people, and I'd say they deserve to have their game made and sold to the masses.

It's got a good feature list, like Story, Arena, and Zombie survival modes, each with their own nuances. While story is pretty obvious, Arena is a bit more complicated in that you grow as a character acquiring guns, money, armor, skills, all the things, and possibly even sending an informal letter of resignation to those constantly respawning you into endless battles.

Zombie survival is less of a killing floor style wave battle and more of a 'survival' with survivor personalities, roving bands of mercs and other dudes wanting your head and your loot. I'd say its looking quite neat.

There is dismemberment, blood, well, maybe a picture would help...

I'd say its a good deal, no?
Madness is an interesting series, and Project Nexus was a pretty sweet game, so surely a bigger and better sequel on a bigger and better engine is a good idea?

You can check out the kickstarter here, and it's not like you haven't thrown money at other kickstarters, right? There's no flexible funding, so if it ain't funded by 11 days, I guess you get your money back and no game.

I haven't seen jack about this game anywhere but it's already at 31 grand outta 56, so maybe it's an alright idea to throw some dosh it's way.

And if that isn't enough to tide you over, then maybe a trailer video will?

This is a video games forum, lets talk about some video games!