Poll: Magic the gathering: Innistrad

Jacob.A.

Dec 17, 2009
Hello there all of you magic players on the escapist, I want to here from you what you think of the new block Innistrad and how it has shifted standard. My own reaction to it is has been rather shunning. I only play with 5 or 6 selective Innistrad cards but I have seen them used and adored in some wierd ways.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
I don't think I've played with it enough to really say anything in that regard, but I will say that I absolutely LOVE the setting. Its my favorite since Lorwyn/Shadowmoor.

Redweaver

Apr 1, 2009
Why are you posting this here? Didn't you know gamers only play video games?

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to play this expansion yet...I'm still busy putting my 2012 set together.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Not really. There's still broken crap that makes the game less fun, such as Inkmoth Nexus and the Scars Swords.

We traded dumb overpowered decks too. From CawBlade to Wolf Run. Nothing has really changed.

Jacob.A.

Dec 17, 2009
Redweaver said:
Gamers play more than just video games, I for instance know gamers who only play none video games.

Redweaver

Apr 1, 2009
Jacob.A. said:
Redweaver said:
Gamers play more than just video games, I for instance know gamers who only play none video games.
My sincerest appologies for failing to add the /sarcasm tag to my post.

I've been railing against this exact thing for a while now. Gamers love games.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I haven't been in the trade (heheh) for some years now. Could anyone sum me up on Innistrad?

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
I quit shortly before it came out- I really wasnt a fan of the new mirrodin block and couldnt afford to update my deck after the rotation.
The flavour of the cards looks pretty awesome but the idea of double sided cards is quite difficult to get my head around, how do play out in an actual game?

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Togs said:
I quit shortly before it came out- I really wasnt a fan of the new mirrodin block and couldnt afford to update my deck after the rotation.
The flavour of the cards looks pretty awesome but the idea of double sided cards is quite difficult to get my head around, how do play out in an actual game?
You have a placeholder card that goes in your deck, when you play the card you substitute it for the doublesided one that you just keep around somewhere, most likely in your deckbox or a pile of other specific use cards like tokens. So you only actually use the doublesided card when its on the battlefield.

As for the set, i think its pretty cool.. i really like the flavour, although since i came back to magic 2 years ago after stopping for about 4 years, each set has gotten some ridiculously overpowered cards, well at least for casual play anyway.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Not really. There's still broken crap that makes the game less fun, such as Inkmoth Nexus and the Scars Swords.

We traded dumb overpowered decks too. From CawBlade to Wolf Run. Nothing has really changed.
Its a wee bit quick to call Wolf Run CawBlade. Its a great deck sure, and will likely be a pillar of the format, but CawBlade was a very, very degenerate deck and we need more time to see if Wolfrun follows suite. Personally I think everything's fine for the most part and Nexus and Swords broken? Your joking right? You know people are starting to main deck Ancient Grudge right?

OT: I am loving the set personally, but I pretty much just play limited, if you can do a draft for Innistrad I highly recommend it, its a very interesting and complex format. Scars looks pretty poor by comparison now that I think about it...

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
It did add a lot of nice new cards for casual/constructed, lots of sexy new soldiers and vampires.

and those lovely enemy colour dual lands, those are pure win.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Good god I fucking love this block. Got me a vampire deck with Sorin and Olivia Voldaren.

Buzz3092

Jul 25, 2008
Innistrad has some good cards but most are really focused on human and vampire decks so around 90% of the cards are worthless to me. A couple of my decks have one or two Innistrad cards that I like but as a set, I think Innistrad has been a flop for most players I know. All I can really do now is get trade bait from it until the next set in this block comes out. Or if it's a single set for the block, until the 2013 core set is released.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
I've bought one booster pack without prior knowledge about Innistrad. I got a two-faced card. WTF? And then I went back to the 2012 core.