Poll: Magic the gathering. What color do you prefer?

Asmundr

Mar 17, 2010
Blue milling deck most of the time (since its entertaining to watch my opponents library be destroyed) and a RGB Dragon deck for when I'm not feeling fancy and rather just burn things instead.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
LockeDown said:
Anomynous 167 said:
Dang nabbit, people are still talking about Magic the Gathering?

When am I gonna see a thread about Duel Masters?
Played that, and Yu-Gi-Oh for awhile. Sadly, I found neither game to have the sheer depth that Magic offers (though that's not surprising).
Duel Masters is a gateway to Magic. They are made by the same company. Yu-Gi-Oh! has gotten really competitive. And they are adding a new type of summoning again.
OP: Blue is such a troll deck.

TYofSON

May 30, 2011
my blue mill, mull, or mold (whatever you call it) deck has sent several opponents into rage fits.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
I tend to play better with black. Most of my favorite cards are black, and I tend to see the positive side of a card even if it seems to have a crippling negative side. I run a really good Hellcarver Demon/Eldrazi deck (which I call 'Helldrazi") that shows this kind of thing very well. All of the black cards have downsides but if you utilize it properly, it doesn't even effect you. I also really like blue and red is pretty good too. I tend to play really bad with white or green, but I have been meaning to change that a bit, so that I can use some cards I've kind of been neglecting.

JohnnyMolotov

Jan 26, 2010
I play a Tri-colour blue, red and white deck with a few artifacts thrown in and have never lost a match while usibg it so far.......so uh yeah

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Domain (all 5 colors), cause if all else fails there is Coalition Victory (have all 5 lands and a creature of every color you win).

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Depends on the format; I mostly play Legacy. Lately I've been having some success with a Forgemaster Combo deck (artifact deck). Now that Phyrexian Obliterator exists I'm pretty interested in building a monoblack aggro deck. I miss playing with Dark Ritual!

Usually I play at least three coloured, though. Almost always blue. Often green.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
I prefer Black decks mostly, lots of interesting cards for it. Yawgmoth's Will, Living Death, Avatar of Woe, Necromancy, Drain Life, Kokusho, etc etc.

For tournament play and effectiveness, I play White. Just because it is without a question the most powerful single color in the game. Wrath of God, Swords to Plowshares, Armageddon, Path of Exile, White Knight, Jihad, etc. etc.

Oh, and I am a Type I player, with lots of the older powerful/useful cards so yeah... Definitely White for pure effectiveness.

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
Best deck I ever had was a black discard deck, at the time of the "Fallen Empires" expansion. Hymn to Tourach, Mindstab Thrull, Hypnotic Spectre, and The Rack were the main core, with Dark Ritual and a Sol Ring for fast mana and a couple of surprises thrown into the mix. It was always fun to get two Dark Rituals and throw out a Sengir Vampire before your opponent could even play.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I tend to play alot more control so

blue
black
white
green
red

curently I run a monoblack control deck in standard taking advantage of cheap strong creatures and lots of removal

Red_Serpent

Nov 23, 2009
I have several Peasant decks, 3 Legacy decks and some casual fundecks spread across all colours.

When I find the time, I'll create a Commander(EDH) deck...

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Most of my decks are split decks. I have a deck of black and each of the other four colors, a blue/white bird-soldier deck and monochrome black and blue decks. So I guess I favor black and blue, though the deck I have with those together is arguably my worst deck. My best decks are the blue/white bird-soldier deck (the only one I ever won a multiplayer game with against my friends who have far more and better cards at their disposal) and my black/white deck that was basically created by taking two Code of the Orzhov pre-built decks and splicing them together with a few more random surprises thrown in. Though my black/green spirit deck can hold its own too. The black/white one in particular is a beast in straight-up duels, almost taking out a nasty and fast angel deck my friend created, by successfully slowing it way down.

y1fella

Jul 29, 2009
MaxPowers666 said:
y1fella said:
rabidmidget said:
I like blue/black, it makes everything you do feel like a dick move.
Yeah I got one of those too. My favorite move is kidnapping an opponents most powerful creature then sacrificing it a Xathrid demon. It's actually a really effective tactic and it's awesome to see green deck users face go :( when I deal 8 damage to him with his Big green monster of death and destroy his card in the same turn.
Hey I used to have something similar to that as well. Just the beautiful combo of braids, vedalken shackles and sometimes a grave pact as well. I probably had one of the most broken blue/black control decks out there. Sadly all of my friends eventually refused to play it so I had to take it apart.
Yeah that happened to me too. Not so much because my deck was particuly good or hard to beat it was just not fun to vs.
Also that's a good combo.