Poll: Magic the gathering. What color do you prefer?

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
I'm still experimenting, but I just got a really good bunch of green cards so I'm going to try and make a green deck next.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Back in high school I used a red/green deck. Green for Giant Spiders/Mantises etc that had a good defence and could block flying creatures, and red for damaging spells like disintegrate and lava burst, as well as anti-artifact spells like shatter.

This is back in the 90's though. I stopped playing because there were a few expansions around '99-'00 that were just stupidly overpowered.

One of my friends used a blue-black deck copied directly out of Scrye magazine that some kid had used in a tournament. It made him pretty much unbeatable.

Another friend just played blue/white - white was basically for the purpose of circle of protections, so he could just spend mana to soak damage. He'd sit there and do that all day while nibbling away at your health with prodigal sorcerors.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Kermi said:
This is back in the 90's though. I stopped playing because there were a few expansions around '99-'00 that were just stupidly overpowered.
I stopped keeping up to date after Urza, yeah. But then picked it up again at around 10th. Mixing old spells with new creatures is a deadly combo.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
rabidmidget said:
I like blue/black, it makes everything you do feel like a dick move.
Haha, exactly. I have a blue/black deck, and it's only purpose is to use your opponents cards against them - by the end of the game they hate you

BigDeadMushy

May 4, 2011
white-blue can be fun,I once had a great lil W/B in which every card either healed or prevented damage,or dealt direct damage to my opponents creatures.only defeated once, a powergaming mate of mine built a deck SPECIFICALLY to counter it.good times.

I also enjoyed great success with a masques 'Rebel' white weenie deck,and there was also my green-red-black 'for the lulz' deck was great fun too

edit:eek:oh,just remembered my favourite dick move (look up the cards if you don't know them) :
sylvan basilisk +
lure OR alluring scent

I'll not give away spoilers on this.suffice it to say,roughly mid game is the best time to do this,when you and your ertswhile opponent have a decent collection of creatures on the field.

TyrunnAlberyn

Apr 1, 2010
I tend to play green/red/black. The nastiest part is keeping it down to a decent amount of cards *smirk*.

LockeDown

Sep 27, 2009
I use an artifact deck, supplimented with a handful of blue, black, and red creatures/mana. Things like Bosh, Iron Golem and Darksteel Citadel, and a few Mephitic Oozes for good measure.

Jatyu

Insane Faceless Stranger
Sep 1, 2010
I'm a heavy blue player, AKA I like to be a dick.

"I play overrun."
"Mana Leak."
"Fine, I play Tarmogoyf."
"Cancel."

Etc... Etc...

At the moment I'm running a blue/red Pyromancer Ascension deck with 0 creatures. It's great for the lols.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
My favorite colour is White with Blue coming in at a close second and I avoid decks with high Creature counts.

I play Standard and run a fairly ordinary White-Blue Caw-Blade deck; it's been feeling pretty stale, even after mixing it up with New Phyrexia.
As a casual deck, I'm working on White-Green Auras with Blue tech to counter the early game destruction cards that wreck Kor Spiritdancer.

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
Dang nabbit, people are still talking about Magic the Gathering?

When am I gonna see a thread about Duel Masters?

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
Blue, love playing the control/lock down decks. One of my most poweful decks for a long time was a Static Orb/Opposition Wizard lockdown deck.

LockeDown

Sep 27, 2009
Anomynous 167 said:

Played that, and Yu-Gi-Oh for awhile. Sadly, I found neither game to have the sheer depth that Magic offers (though that's not surprising).

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
LockeDown said:
Anomynous 167 said:

Played that, and Yu-Gi-Oh for awhile. Sadly, I found neither game to have the sheer depth that Magic offers (though that's not surprising).
I was too young for Magic, and I never got into Yu-Gi-Oh.

Aug 1, 2010
I usually make pretty straightforward decks, but I LOVE Black/White Removal. The B/W Liege, plus any kill spell, instant TWO kill spells. It's wonderful.

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
I play combo elves
[sup] yes that WAS 27 elves and YES i am swinging for 5 trillion damage [/sup]

so green/blue (but only a tiny bit of blue)

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I don't own any cards myself, but I've played quite a few two-coloured decks and I have to say that black/white worked best for me.