Poll: Majoras mask, superior to Ocarina of time

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
Cubilone said:
Can you go a bit more into detail about the 4th temple and what you know?
Well for one thing, did you ever actually question what the hell that temple is even there for? What all the structures, the light arrows, and even the final boss area have to do with anything that involves Majora? Did you also notice the giant hand before the temple, why would they build that?

Well, some fans have speculated, that the people worshipped the giants as Gods, as the old Grandma and her tales have told us. We also know that the skull kid is the same from Ocarina. So when the skull kid arrived with his tales of Female Goddesses, the people took offence and built Phalusses, (sp?) and a giant hand pointing to the sky essentially giving them well.... the finger.

So the people built this giant tower as a means to reach the heavens, but when the Goddesses saw this, they sent down the light arrows and flipped the tower upside down, pointing it towards hell. When they arived they foun that weird dimension which is the final boss room, and there they found Majora's Mask.

Did you notice the giant statue above the rooms entrance? It looks like Majora but with bits crumpled away.

If I had the website I'd link it, but if you just googled "majora's mask mysteries" maybe you might get something.

P00dle

Feb 1, 2009
Silva said:
Ocarina of Time was longer.

Bam. When quality is that high, quantity becomes what matters. Hah.
Definitly depends on how long time it takes you to get all the masks :p

Yassen said:
Cubilone said:
Can you go a bit more into detail about the 4th temple and what you know?
So when the skull kid arrived with his tales of Female Goddesses, the people took offence and built Phalusses, (sp?) and a giant hand pointing to the sky essentially giving them well.... the finger.
The giant penises... guess i missed them... :p

Great speech anyways, good theory

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I own and love both games, it's hard for me to choose.

I have to go with Ocarina of Time though. MM has so many things that I love about it but OOT is one of the first great games I remember playing, I have to vote for it.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
P00dle said:
Definitly depends on how long time it takes you to get all the masks :p
If you consider all the time it takes most people to beat every quest, get the biggest bag for everything, get all the skulltulas and win all the races in OoT, OoT wins. By a long shot. Besides which, three of those masks are achievable in a single quest. Their number makes them seem to take longer to get than they do. Further, people who played OoT and then bought MM when it came out blitzed MM very quickly because the puzzles were similar.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I have played neither. And still don't plan to.

I do enjoy the handheld Zelda games greatly.

anNIALLator

Jul 24, 2008
Wow, I didn't expect Majora's Mask to get that many votes. A good game, but didn't hold a candle to OoT.

ganpondorodf

Apr 30, 2008
I've beaten OoT about 8 or 9 times.

I've beaten MM once.

Yet I think that MM is the better game. It was just too difficult for me to ever want to play it again.

grimm128

Nov 6, 2008
I love them both so much, but if i had to choose, i would choose majoras mask. It just felt so much better written, and really varied from the original obvious cookie cutter story

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
OOT, simply becayse I hated how you lost most of your items every time you reset. If you didn't have to re-gear constantly it would have got my vote tho.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Well, even though they're both great, I have always found myself replaying the first one, as the idea of apocalypse is not only much more present, but also much more menacing and of course it is floating right on top of your head. Also, the masks concept give Majora's much more depth and replaying the game without the song of slow time is a challenge, even for the most advent Zelda fans, and mind you, I've played close to all of them, except the shitty Game Boy spinoffs. The story in Ocarina of Time, however, kicks the royal buttfuck out of Majora's. Always has, always will.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Ocorina of time but not by much, they run on almost the same ngine and well its just i kinda liked ocorina of time beter maybe if i played majoras mask first then it would be otherwise

Danzaivar said:
OOT, simply becayse I hated how you lost most of your items every time you reset. If you didn't have to re-gear constantly it would have got my vote tho.
dude one time i got my sword in to get upgraded skipped to the next day got it back and went back a day and lost it, this repeated twice in a row, i rage quited

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
The whole deja vu groundhog day trial and error thing bothered me a bit about MM. I remember when it came out reading that after the success of Ocarina that the devs where under an EXTREMELY strict and short deadline to make magic happen again. SO Majoras mask was scripted like a normal zelda game originally, but ended up as a daily rerun because of production deadlines. Some think it was a blessing in disquise, and some people think it's just an unfinished product. Regular missions became more or less chopped up "side quests" and the game in turn evolved into that sorta creepy impending doom vibe that it has. But you can't deny the final product is unique to all others of the series. I liked it, never finished it though. Making it one of the 2 zelda games ever that i never saw through to the end. But OOT still stands tall in my book.

Mike_Bennett

Apr 11, 2009
I like orriginals. so I can't say I like the majora's mask to Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time was my first game.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Gametrailers pretty much nailed the difference between the 2 in their retrospective http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9GTXckyyo

Me, I liked both. Ocarina gave a great Zelda experience. Majora gave me an appreciation to certain changes.

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
Both games are epic to the point of immortality, but I still like the darker tone of Majora better. It was a lot more original too.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Honestly...I'm not sure I can decide.

Ocarina of Time will always have a place in my heart for familiarity, length, and variety, as well as story. Still, the atmosphere of Majora's Mask (which I'm actually replaying now) is wonderful(ly creepy), the numerous sidequests are fun, I love playing as a Zora, and I liked the villain a lot more. The dungeons of OoT are easier (aside from Master Quest) but familiar, the ones in MM are more challenging, but satisfying as a result.

Since there's no "both" option, I guess I'll just go with Majora's Mask, if only because it's one of the few games that made me cry and really hate the main villain (finishing the Anju/Kafei sidequest).

P00dle

Feb 1, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
Honestly...I'm not sure I can decide.
Since there's no "both" option.
Moahahaha, I make you make the hardest choice in your life!!