Poll: Majoras mask, superior to Ocarina of time

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
P00dle said:
NeutralDrow said:
Honestly...I'm not sure I can decide.
Since there's no "both" option.
Moahahaha, I make you make the hardest choice in your life!!
Pfsh...you didn't make me make the hardest choice of my life. Fate/Stay Night already did, maybe Oni.

P00dle

Feb 1, 2009
Hah everyone is like:

TOATELY OMGOMG MAJORAS MASK IS THE HAAX

or

STFU NOOB OCARINA OF TIME IS THE 1337!!

I actually thought more ppl would vote oot, or atleast write about in the forum.

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
I can't wait for the day Nintendo finally brings out Majora's Mask on the Virtual Console.
Very good game although I'm afraid it can't beat Ocarina of Time.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Jovlo said:
I can't wait for the day Nintendo finally brings out Majora's Mask on the Virtual Console.
Very good game although I'm afraid it can't beat Ocarina of Time.
They announced it in Japan. Sooooo.... probably will point itself in North America soon.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I thought they were both very good. And while the time thing in majoras mask was pretty cool and unique but it got really really annoying after a while.
So ocarina wins because it annoyed me significantly less.

I say that Twilight princess is better than both anyway.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
I found Majora's Mask to be rife with bad game design. Like how in MM you have to do a helluva lot of unnecessary crap to get into the dungeons, and if you need to reset the clock you have to do it all over again. I was going to start a new game on it, but then I remembered what I had to do to get into the first dungeon and completely checked out. I still haven't completed the damn game.
I didn't like the music in MM much either, I mean sure there's the Song of Healing, the Termina Field Theme, Clock Town etc... but the dungeon music (excluding Stone Tower) and the music for the different regions is awful. I disliked the bosses too, apart from the Goron vs dog-thingie battle.

I loved the masks and the 3 day cycle part of MM, but I thought OoT was vastly superior.

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
There were things that I liked about both games, but the bull-shitty time constraints in Majora's Mask irritated the crap out of me.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'd love to vote "Both" really, I loved both of them soooo much. But if I háve to choose I pick MM. It had more variaty, and it excited me more then OoT did (I loved the 3 day reset). The world felt more alive as well. But heck, I loved both of them.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Its to hard to say which one is better, both of them i class as my top 1/2 of all time just because of the sheer amount of joy i got from them back when they were released, but in this poll i had to go with Majora's Mask, cause i spent more time playing that.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
i preferred MM to OoT, because it was mixing things up a bit, whereas OoT seemed like LttP in 3-D, with almost no change to the structure of the adventure. Don't get me wrong, they're both brilliant games, but I think that MM was much more refreshing than OoT.

Bad Neighbour

Jan 14, 2009
MM sucked compared to OOT. Only good thing was the option to repeat bosses. Found the game so annoying other than that I still haven't bothered to get further than the stupid Zora egg part.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I still prefer Ocarina of Time, mostly, I think, because it made a bigger impression on me. It was so amazing when it came out, that that feeling of wonder has never fully died. Even now, when I play the game, I almost regess back to a state of childish exuberence (SP?), a state that Majora's Mask, with it's more refined story, mechanics, and gameplay, doesn't allow. Though, I love MM's story above OoT's, I stil prefer OoT as a game over MM.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
*cough*Twilight Princess*cough*
Of the two, I'd have to say I like Ocarina of time more. Majora's mask felt more gimmicky.

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
Majoras Mask beats OoT by a long shot. I have beaten OoT so many times and it's gotten so old. I can beat any temple so easily. While on MM, I have to look at the guide for the Snow Peak Temple, Great Bay Temple, and Stone Tower Temple. Especially the Stone Tower Temple. Majora's Mask is the game that gives a hard experience each time you play it. It's such a difficult game. And it has the twist of a time limit made it more challenging, and that side quest would only happen at a certain time. It was a game that made me think so much and I had to constantly refer to the guide. And another thing, this game actually includes time. OoT barely had anything to do with time except for the age thingy, but Majora's Mask makes you watch your time. All around, Majora's Mask is better. But I give points to OoT for revolutionizing Zelda.
Twilight_guy said:
*cough*Twilight Princess*cough*
Of the two, I'd have to say I like Ocarina of time more. Majora's mask felt more gimmicky.
Twilight Princess, honestly, wasn't THE best. It didn't bring anything amazingly new. The shapeshift idea has been used in MM.

darktheif28

Nov 11, 2008
I liked Ocarina of Time a little bit more, but don't get me wrong I love both of them. I even have the manga adaptation of Majora's Mask.

Nazulu said:
Ocarina of Time for me because I believe the design for all the towns and temples are perfect and the atmosphere was just breath taking. The medely's to me are also alot better, in the end it just all added up to perfection and I didn't have any problems with it besides the fact that I wish it was harder.
Have you tried the master quest?