Poll: Male Self-Image.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I've got a face like a farmer's elbow and a full goatee. I'm a climber, so I'm physically fit, but I've got weird musculature because I favour climbing/traversing to the right and do so much more than to the left.

That being said, I fucking love the way I look. I think the only thing I'd change is learning how to cut my own hair better. Or somehow overcoming my trust issues and allowing someone else to do it-- unlikely, since I'm getting on for 30 and it hasn't happened yet. Never mind, it hardly bothers me; that minor blemish is eclipsed by how splendid I think everything else is.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
For the most part, yeah. I could do with a bit more muscle to fill out some areas, I still have scars from acne across my back and chest and I still get the odd spot every now and again, but other than that I'm not half bad.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
hotdogoctopus said:
I'm doing some research for a paper. I'm not asking from a position of style. Just imagine you're in the same outfit as everyone else. Do you look good? There will be more polls on the aspects of what I'm working on.

Thank you in advance and Prost!

~ Maxwell
I would like to be thinner. I'm not obese, but I am quite chubby.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm not really happy with the way I look, but that's mainly my face.

I am starting to become happy with my body after struggling with a mild eating disorder for a few years (I still look down and see nothing but belly fat and wonder how it's possible to even see the floor hiding behind all of it) and I've mostly conquered that. On good days I have a sixpack, but it depends on what I've been eating for the last few days and what muscles I've been exercising. I got a decent amount of muscles on my arms, shoulders and chest.

All in all I have a pretty decent body. I still can't honestly say I like what I see when I look in the mirror.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
I went with not really. Not because I think I'm unattractive, but because of what the overall appearance is.
See, I'm biracial, so my skin tone is light brown....but I also have straight black hair. Everyone I ever meet winds up asking/guessing what ethnicity I am. Then after I tell them, I get asked if I'm sure/joking. Only twice in my life has someone got it right off the first try, I was that shocked that I remember.
It just gets old having to explain that yes, I am mixed. No I am not joking, yes, I know I could pass for everything else under the sun, blah blah blah.

So yea, if I could just look different enough to the point I wouldn't have to go through that would be awesome.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Chalk me up as one more noncommittal bastard. Voted "sort of", meant "I don't give a damn".

I suppose I'm in decent shape for a 30-something cripple. Beyond that, I have no feelings one way or the other.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Sort of.

Appearance doesn't significantly matter to me that much so long as I'm comfortable. That said, I do feel the need to 'fit in' to society. For example, I wear Khakis when leaving the house despite the fact that my pajama pants are more comfortable.

I don't consider myself to be someone who cares about what's in fashion, colours, matching, or to be self-conscious about my weight/appearance. This is despite the fact that I'm not remotely attractive from a typical social point of view at an obese 275 lbs and balding.

Oct 2, 2012
Not at all.
I hate my face. Nose bridge is too wide and thick, forehead is too large, can't grow decent facial hair worth a damn, constant dark bags under my eyes, too prominent brow ride.
Its just yucky.

As for the rest of me I'm not a big fan either. I'm too hairy but I ain't going through the pain of waxing.
I'm more overweight than I'd like (I'm about 60lbs overweight right now and I'd like to lose 30 lbs) and the skin on my shoulders is just weird.
And my toes look kinda funny. I hate my toes.

And yet other people still find me attractive somehow.
Especially gay men.
They must be blind or desperate.

DanteRL

Jan 14, 2010
Voted sort of, but just because I wanted to sound humble.

Seriously, like most of the answers I could use a some excercise, and more of that "sun light" people talk about. But still I manage to have a girlfriend, so I'm not complaining.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I voted 'sort of'. I'm pretty thin, but am starting to get a beer gut. I really should work out. I'm also pretty pale, but I don't care much about that.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
No. It's not that I'm really "unnatractive" (mostly) but that I'm... generic. Fun fact: The most generic face in the world is that of a 28-year old Chinese man. I'm not Chinese, though, but I'm pretty close to that age, and look a bit like him.

So no; mostly because nobody would notice I was even there.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I voted sort of but I'm probably underestimating myself since I've been attracting more attention in recent months than I have ever before. I recon its the mustache.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Sort of.

I could use a bit more muscle, and better posture. I've got minor acne scarring though it doesn't bother me all that much.

Other than that I think I look pretty good.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
VanQ said:
Not really, no. I'm not a hideously ugly bastard by any stretch, but I'm quite skinny and hairy. I also have very pale skin.
...are you my long-lost twin brother?

But yea, there are some things i would change. I have a bit of muscle, but it's covered in a thin layer of fat that just makes it impossible to make out a sixpack. Talk about a little too much.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I often neglect my appearance, so I don't always look as presentable as I should. But other than that, I'm not fat (lost 10kg over that past 4 months) and I'm in reasonable shape. I look okay. Not handsome, not ugly. But then again, I don't really care much about it.