Poll: Mass Effect 2 vs. Deus Ex Human Revolution

deathbyoatmeal

Apr 3, 2011
So i've been looking for something cool to play lately and i'm stuck between these two games. I only have like 80 bucks and i need some date money leftover. Deus ex will be expensive, so i'll have to trade in something for it, and i'll have to wait another week to play it, since i can only play on the weekends, but it looks right up my alley. On the other hand i've been looking at mass effect 2 for a while and it'll be instant. Is deus ex too good to wait for the price to come down, or should i just be patient and wait?

indiangrunt91

Aug 5, 2009
personally mass effect 2 is one of my favorite games.
not sure if deus ex will be as good as some hope but i know that mass effect 2 is pure awesome

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I know Mass Effect 2 is amazing. Deus Ex: Human Revolution could be amazing. The choice is obvious, as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, you do realise Human Revolution isn't out yet, right? Your post makes it seem like you didn't.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
is this a stealth "meaning of life" thread? whether it's better to settle for something you know is good or to for something that might be even better but you will need to invest time and money into it and it may fail?

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
The combat in in ME2 is more fluid than DX's, from what I got out of the leak, but I didn't really get very far into the story of DXHR, so I don't know how they compare. DXHR seems more open, and it doesn't have that god awful mining abomination. Also, I don't think DXHR has a visible morality system. You play how you want, and people might think you are a jack ass because you let civvies die, but you don't get Badass/Goodie points.

Chainsaw_Chuck

Dec 7, 2010
You didn't hear this from me, but I've played the leaked beta (or alpha or whatever) of Deus Ex and it is one of the best new games I've played in a while. I can't really say for Mass Effect 2, but my brother played the hell out of it and says it's one of the best games he's ever played. So, yeah.

I'd say go with Mass Effect. It's sure to be the best money-for-gameplay. Just keep your eye out for when Deus Ex comes down in price though because I know what I'm buying when I get my next paycheck.

5BlueBars

Aug 18, 2011
Cant you get both? Deus Ex will be 60 dollars and for Mass Effect 2 you could grab for 15-20$ at used price. If only one, Deus Ex will probably be amazing. But if you're going to play it safe, get Mass Effect 2.

MrTwo

Aug 9, 2011
Yeah, everyone thinks ME2 was fantastic, but for me it was still a bit 'meh'. I just found the shooting got kinda old after a while, and even the exploration seemed tedious. I'll hope for the best with Deus Ex: HR though.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
deathbyoatmeal said:
So i've been looking for something cool to play lately and i'm stuck between these two games. I only have like 80 bucks and i need some date money leftover. Deus ex will be expensive, so i'll have to trade in something for it, and i'll have to wait another week to play it, since i can only play on the weekends, but it looks right up my alley. On the other hand i've been looking at mass effect 2 for a while and it'll be instant. Is deus ex too good to wait for the price to come down, or should i just be patient and wait?
I would say be very careful about buying Deus Ex as they've region locked it so if you buy it from an online retailer you might end up with an expensive frisbee so be certain about it. It seems like digital copies aren't region locked but still there is good reason to be weary of that too.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
ME2

cause...
it's brilliant
you'll be able to pick it up cheap
Deus Ex ain't out

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
teebeeohh said:
is this a stealth "meaning of life" thread? whether it's better to settle for something you know is good or to for something that might be even better but you will need to invest time and money into it and it may fail?

Anyways, OP, you really just need to do the research. If you've played Mass Effect 1, you know what everything will overall feel like. The combat is MASSIVELY improved though.

But if you get Mass Effect 2 and you HAVEN'T gotten one, get one. I guess it all really depends. You cool with having a one-game-story? Go with Deus Ex. It looks GREAT. Want a three game epic? Go with the Mass Effect series.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Well, DE isn't out yet and ME2 is pretty good, so I'd either wait for some DE reviews or buy ME2 right away.

Have you played ME1, by the way? If not, you might have trouble understanding certain facts about the setting and plot. (You can read up on them, of course, if you like.)

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Deus Ex looks very good, Mass Effect 2 is very good. I'd buy Mass Effect 2 and wait for Deus Ex. You have to wait anyway so why not wait 'till it gets reviews and you can learn a bit more about it?

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Deus Ex is mucher better than ME2 in any aspect(imo),but ME2 has a much better melee combat compared to deus ex.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
kijebe said:
WHY ISNT THERE A "BOTH" BUTTON!!!??
I think OP should make room for both. DE:HR looks beyond awesome, and it has already been established that ME2 is also beyond awesome.