Poll: Mass Effect 3 Rage!!!!

Setrus

Oct 17, 2011
boag said:
I did not know the Turians gaines a stability bonus, I was often times wandering why Krogan and Turians were using it so much, where do you view the data?

Also I play the Turian Sentinel, much the same way I play all other classes aside from Soldier, Carnifex plus skill spamming, Mainly Overload which let me get away without putting any points into warp. Which should be a negative on my approach against phantoms, but ive found that overload drops their biotic barrier better than warp does, Im left wondering, with the possibility that the skill sets has been changed again in this game, or if this is just a fluke from the demo.

Also a general question any and all.

Has there been any word, if the levels, gear and other goodies that have already been unlocked on the demo transfer over to the full game?

I remember kingdom of Amalur letting you carry over whatever you got, I am hoping it is the same for ME3.
It's under the Turian veteran ability (the one above fitness) where you see those stats at the bottom, maxed out my stability bonus there comes to 55%, it's great. :-D (though I actually dislike the revenant on my Turian, somehow doesn't fit me there...I think it's because I use the manouverability of the human to use it quite a lot.)

Yeah, I too find the overload without a doubt the better of the abilities, even against, as you say, phantoms, the warp is more...eh, it can be flinged around corners to draw out people in cover when I can't spot their heads and increase the damage I do to an unshielded Atlas, but that's about it.)

I believe the answer there was a resounding 'no'...but there are more types of boxes with unlocking along with less randomness in said unlocks, so I think we'll manage. :)

Demongeneral109

Jan 23, 2010
Condiments said:
Main complaints:
-Fluctuating overall quality of dialogue(sometimes its good...sometimes its really bad)
-Reaper villainous 'decay'(our humanely incomprehensible Machiavellian plan of dominating the galaxy is landing on earth and shooting red lasers so things go BOOM!)
-Still feels clunky/stilted compared to Gears of War
-Still too cover-reliant in terms of combat
-RPG elements are threadbare(I know its a demo, so this might expand in the future)
-Multiplayer feels somewhat lackluster(was hoping more diverse and interesting objectives. Feels too cookie cutter for a horde mode)
-Ashley's character design looks eh....too unprofessional? She looks mocked up for some beauty pageant or a date, what was wrong with the last design?
-Prothean DLC

I'll see what others say about the game before I purchase. Still way too apprehensive.
To be fair to the reapers, their plan was always to come in and blow shit up; the only thing is that before the Protheans stopped them from activating the citadel mass relay in dark space, so now that subtlety didn't work their falling back on good old overwhelming force, It seems like their focusing on Humanity because Shepard has been screwing them over nicely so far and they're trying to cover their bases. Don't mistake the Reaper plan in ME1 as their MO, if the Protheans didn't alter the keepers to not respond to their signal,There would have been no need for Saren. Sovereign was the back-up plan, in case of that eventuality. Normally, they just wreck the citadel, the center of Galactic power, then use the census data and other information on the citadel mainframe to hunt down all intelligent life, it isn't villain decay, this is how things were gonna work out either way; only now the Galaxy isn't immediately fucked because the reapers wiped out the leaders of half og the galaxy's species in one fell swoop.

Ill also comment on Ash's new look, Its possible that she 'redeemed' her families reputation after working with Shepard, so she can relax her strict adherence to military dress and hair regulations... Not unlike Captain Keyes and his pipe in the Halo novels.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Setrus said:
I believe the answer there was a resounding 'no'...but there are more types of boxes with unlocking along with less randomness in said unlocks, so I think we'll manage. :)
Give me a second to compose myself. . . . . . . . Fucking Bioshit!1111!!11

There, I feel better now :D

well I guess i did manage to get a pretty big list of people to actually play without getting a rage boner when they up and quit halfway into the session.

Speaking of Rage boners, I was gone for the weekend, but on my perusal of the forums I have not seen any topics dedicated to Fem Shepards underwear and lace window panties character clothes, I know these forums tends to be late getting the news, but im hoping that the rage machine hasnt caught up, I want to have a front row seat to the debates surrounding it.

I mean people got pissed off about whats her face npc wearing a low neck dress, which I might add Fem shep also has available in a much sluttier black color, but the window lace panties seem like they will erupt in a furor anger any time soon.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I try to stay clear of even minor spoilers for games that I have already decided on buying, so I'm not 100% up to speed on what will and what won't be in Mass Effect 3. Still, based on what I know and for a couple of different reasons I'm not half as excited about it now as I was when I played Mass Effect 2. Still, I'm interested enough to buy it, so I'll reserve definitive judgment until I'm done with it.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Edit: Oh, this might be a spoiler, I'm not too sure. Be careful.

I don't like that Cerberus has stabbed you in the back, I spent all of ME2 going "Goddamit Cerberus are the bad guys why are you making me work for them!" and ME2 kept saying, "No, trust us, Cerberus are just misunderstood good guys!"

But now ME3 is all, "Hahaha! Cerberus were bad guys! We totally fooled you!"

boag

Sep 13, 2010
orangeban said:

I don't like that Cerberus has stabbed you in the back, I spent all of ME2 going "Goddamit Cerberus are the bad guys why are you making me work for them!" and ME2 kept saying, "No, trust us, Cerberus are just misunderstood good guys!"

um, you didnt see it coming? serisouly?

With the Illusive mans Eyes being exactly like Sarens?

With him just brushing shit away with "I didnt know", then sending you to get captured by Collectors and saying "I didnt want to tip you off"?

If anything, the only conceivable reason why Shep worked for them was because it was the easiest thing to do to get shit done, the Council sent Shep to patrol fuck all and it got Shep killed, Shep was using Cerberus just as much as Cerberus was using Shep.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I preferred the class specific weapons since that was the only reason I was an infiltrator. However, now that I had to pick another class, I have now discovered the joys of being an Adept and biotic explosions... so I guess I'm indifferent about it now.

Other than that I don't like how the camera stays relatively fixed to one direction while you sprint. It would make more sense for it to keep focused in front of you, but this is something I easily gotten used too despite it being slightly annoying.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
boag said:
orangeban said:

With him just brushing shit away with "I didnt know", then sending you to get captured by Collectors and saying "I didnt want to tip you off"?

If anything, the only conceivable reason why Shep worked for them was because it was the easiest thing to do to get shit done, the Council sent Shep to patrol fuck all and it got Shep killed, Shep was using Cerberus just as much as Cerberus was using Shep.
That's exactly my point, I knew Cerberus were evil, and I didn't want to work with them. But the game forces me to work with them, and then has the cheek to confirm what I knew all along as if it were some kind of massive twist.

Laurie Barnes

May 19, 2010
I haven't played much of the Mass Effect series, I played about two hours of the first and even less than that of the second. I guess you could say I am the wider audience that the developers are trying to appeal to. Since that will no doubt result in a broken game that is a Jack of al trades but a master of none, all I have to say is "TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!"

boag

Sep 13, 2010
orangeban said:
boag said:
orangeban said:

That's exactly my point, I knew Cerberus were evil, and I didn't want to work with them. But the game forces me to work with them, and then has the cheek to confirm what I knew all along as if it were some kind of massive twist.
What massive twist?

Does someone in the game actually believe Cerberus isnt evil, aside from Miranda who has loads and loads of insecurity issues?

Someone comes out and says, "OMG CERBERUS IS EVIL I AM SHOCKED"?

hashtag

Oct 30, 2011
The thing I don't like is the lighting. It almost reminds me of how bright BF:3 is. Just too much for me.

Cannibal Johnson

Dec 29, 2011
Zydrate said:
Of all things, I don't like the spike in difficulty. I play games for story and experience, not to get my ass kicked.

Easily one of the more minor issues.
Actually I'm quite glad you said that. Ya see me and you think/play alike, we play more for story. Which is why when you play there is STORY mode ACTION mode and ROLEPLAYING mode. Action is well here lets just say that the people who play action mode are the same people who would skip every cutscene in every game. RolePlaying mode is basically normal ME. But what you want is Story mode, this is my favorite mode. Because the combat is so dumbed down that in the demo while playing story mode I could run around out of cover and run&gun and the enemy could shoot me all they want and i was good. So just thought'd I say that, hope it helps ya out

Setrus

Oct 17, 2011
boag said:
Setrus said:

well I guess i did manage to get a pretty big list of people to actually play without getting a rage boner when they up and quit halfway into the session.

Speaking of Rage boners, I was gone for the weekend, but on my perusal of the forums I have not seen any topics dedicated to Fem Shepards underwear and lace window panties character clothes, I know these forums tends to be late getting the news, but im hoping that the rage machine hasnt caught up, I want to have a front row seat to the debates surrounding it.

I mean people got pissed off about whats her face npc wearing a low neck dress, which I might add Fem shep also has available in a much sluttier black color, but the window lace panties seem like they will erupt in a furor anger any time soon.
Well...the unlocks to the boxes is less random...you'll have your cool characters and weapons back in no time. ;-)

As to the underwear...whaaaat? I've not heard of this, or of the dress... *blinks* underwear? Seriously, when is Shepard in her underwear!? I mean the only underwear you saw in ME2 was Miranda's bra...which was quite dull.

Do you...get an option to walk around in your underwear on the Normandy or...? Gah! Mental images are horrible!

Actually, I don't care all that much, but it's fun getting crazy about nothing. Though now I'm curious, I admitt... :p

Chapel1185 said:
boag said:
Chapel1185 said:
boag said:
Why does the Soldier Class suck so hard now?

It used to be the Soldier class what the go to for Getting all the weapon types and maining heavy armor, now its been reduced to the most shitastic thing ever, if you even think about playing a human soldier in multi, you better get used to being dead half the fucking time.

Their Def bonus are atrocious, their skills pathetic, concussion blast is pretty cool when it actually hits something, but there are skills that are better.

The worst part is that since now any character can carry any weapon, the Soldier has become the HARDCORE GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU CLASS. Its unforgiving to play a human soldier, at least the krogan gets a monstrous Meelee and def bonus from fortification, but the Human, is fucking shit. I hope they get another weapon and armor buff in the main game, because not being able to use time dilation via adrenaline rush makes them the shittiest class all around.
Soldiers get Frag Grenades, which is easily one of the best abilities if not the best. That coupled with Adrenaline Rush make you an absolute killing machine. The last rank of Adrenaline Rush also gives a passive 50% shield increase. Honestly though, the assault rifle should have been kept a soldier only weapon.
Frag Grenades are cool and all in Bronze, in silver they are fairly useful to screw up Guardians, the deal breaker is if you got shield damage upgrade or not. But I cant possibly fanthom how AR is any good... at all.
You're missing the point of Adrenaline Rush if you think it's only useful aspect it the time slow, which really doesn't do very much in a game like ME. When used, the ability gives you 25% damage reduction and a 50% increase to weapon damage. It also has a passive 50% shield bonus. You complain about taking too much damage and don't use AR. I think I see a connection between the two.
You know, I always think about the damage bonus when thinking about AR...but now that I think about it the shield bonus and the like is VERY useful when you're jumped by flanking enemies.

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
The character redesign's are a bit frustrating, but nothing big.
Gameplay feels...generic, and having the X/A button perform so many actions is frustrating
And the Prothean DLC, but I will buy it to see where the story goes and how everything ends up

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Chapel1185 said:
boag said:
Chapel1185 said:
boag said:

It used to be the Soldier class what the go to for Getting all the weapon types and maining heavy armor, now its been reduced to the most shitastic thing ever, if you even think about playing a human soldier in multi, you better get used to being dead half the fucking time.

Their Def bonus are atrocious, their skills pathetic, concussion blast is pretty cool when it actually hits something, but there are skills that are better.

The worst part is that since now any character can carry any weapon, the Soldier has become the HARDCORE GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU CLASS. Its unforgiving to play a human soldier, at least the krogan gets a monstrous Meelee and def bonus from fortification, but the Human, is fucking shit. I hope they get another weapon and armor buff in the main game, because not being able to use time dilation via adrenaline rush makes them the shittiest class all around.
Soldiers get Frag Grenades, which is easily one of the best abilities if not the best. That coupled with Adrenaline Rush make you an absolute killing machine. The last rank of Adrenaline Rush also gives a passive 50% shield increase. Honestly though, the assault rifle should have been kept a soldier only weapon.
Frag Grenades are cool and all in Bronze, in silver they are fairly useful to screw up Guardians, the deal breaker is if you got shield damage upgrade or not. But I cant possibly fanthom how AR is any good... at all.
You're missing the point of Adrenaline Rush if you think it's only useful aspect it the time slow, which really doesn't do very much in a game like ME. When used, the ability gives you 25% damage reduction and a 50% increase to weapon damage. It also has a passive 50% shield bonus. You complain about taking too much damage and don't use AR. I think I see a connection between the two.
but the bonuses to DR and Shield arent dont even compare to a Krogan, and they get killed pretty easily in Gold.

Maybe its just my play style, I just dont like being in a position where im likely to get flanked and shot too much, then again im really not good at close quarters combat :/

Setrus said:
boag said:
Setrus said:

Well...the unlocks to the boxes is less random...you'll have your cool characters and weapons back in no time. ;-)

As to the underwear...whaaaat? I've not heard of this, or of the dress... *blinks* underwear? Seriously, when is Shepard in her underwear!? I mean the only underwear you saw in ME2 was Miranda's bra...which was quite dull.

Do you...get an option to walk around in your underwear on the Normandy or...? Gah! Mental images are horrible!

Actually, I don't care all that much, but it's fun getting crazy about nothing. Though now I'm curious, I admitt... :p

go to the DLC thread

Chapel1185 said:
boag said:
Chapel1185 said:
boag said:

You know, I always think about the damage bonus when thinking about AR...but now that I think about it the shield bonus and the like is VERY useful when you're jumped by flanking enemies.
yeah, thinking about it should be useful.

jibjab963

Sep 16, 2008
Stoneface said:
I completely agree with you, though I thought there were some improved areas in the demo, (better combat, more RPG stuff) I was really surprised at how little you can pick you'r dialogue, I've since counted the number of dialogue options you get in the first part of the demo, its 5...in about 25 minutes of gameplay.
Someone is this thread said that the lack of dialogue is due to the limited space allowed for the demo so Bioware made some adjustments with the single player. I really hope this was true cause what little dialogue you had in the game didn't seem that importaint at all. I hope that they didn't take away most of the dialogue to soley make more gamers to feel less akward when playing.

Praetox

Feb 22, 2012
Oh, bloody hell! I'll probably still buy it to finish the story despite what I listed earlier. As mad as I am about gameplay issues, none of that compares to the frustration of lacking closure in a plot.