Poll: mass effect character creating

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
whilest playing mass effect, did you simply use the custom skin or the defealt skin for shepard?

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Both actually.

On my first play through I used the default Shepard.

After beating it I made a custom skin for my Shepard and I picked the Vanguard class for my second play through.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
No I made my guy all cool looking. He looks Wasian, which of course, is the master race. Whenever I look at the box art for ME2 I think "Shepard? Na, that's not Shepard. No, this is Shepard!"

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
i used default since it seemed wrong with all the merchandise and boxart, and just the story i cant make a good looking custom

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
In games where I can create my own character I always make them look as close to I do as possible.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I use the default male Shepherd, with vanguard class.
I create my own female Shephard, with vanguard class.

Also, vanguard is awesome.

LadyCatra

Princess TLDR
Nov 20, 2009
reg42 said:
Whenever I look at the box art for ME2 I think "Shepard? Na, that's not Shepard. No, this is Shepard!"
HAHAHA I like that!! I find it very hard to watch vids of other Shepards out there - like hearing a familiar voice come out of a stranger's mouth, a bad dub or something.

Qwezz

Sep 30, 2009
both actually.

my male characters all are the default shepard. looks good enough and since the model who's face they scanned in (mark van der Loo) is Dutch like me it gets bonus points :p

my female characters all are a customized shepard. mostly for eye/haircolor

ironmace2.0

The Names Hans Olo
Mar 15, 2009
The charcter creation kinda sucks but I still use it.

Male: Cool hairless african-american(Only typing thats after being shouted at for using the word black by my sister)
Female: What every takes my fancy.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I used the default male one.

For custom jobs, nothing beats Ugly Shepard:

Imagine him with Shepard's voice. I keep cracking up.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
i always strive to make my RPG characters look like me if the option is available. it helps me imagine myself as the player, not some hivemind playing through the player

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
SteinFaust said:
Cowabungaa said:
For custom jobs, nothing beats Ugly Shepard:
lol he looks like a mix of a monkey and Kurtwood Smith!
Not a surprise, he has some Space Monkey DNA. Read all about his awesome adventures here in this thread. [http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/1398049/1] That thread made me cry tears of pure laughter.

Sandwich Man

Sep 24, 2009
Custom. I always go custom, if the option is available. Then I make the character look as terrifyingly hideous as I can. My current Shepard looks like a giant hand pinched his face and it stuck.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I've never used the default Shepard's. I always make my own, and take my sweet time doing it too (call me crazy, but I'm a big fan of character creation).