Poll: Mass Effect fans! What race of lawyer would you choose?

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
I can't decide between Turian or Asari.

Humans would work, but people don't really trust them. Salarians would come off as overly science, and not be personable to the jury. Hanar are jellyfish; while they are formal and could certainly be good lawyers, they are more mysterious, and everybody knows they are very radical in their certain beliefs, not to mention their personality quirks. An Elcor could certainly be a good lawyer, but facing laypeople they would be really boring. No one knows anything about the Drell, and the jury would probably treat them as outsiders.

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
Other: Volus

No contest. Those guys are bureaucratic monsters. I'd just have to make sure I could afford one...

Neuromaster

Mar 4, 2009
Personally, I'd have to go with Salarian. Fast-talking, nonlinear thinking geniuses. Guilty or innocent, I'm positive they could find a loophole to acquit.

Second choice would be Asari, especially if I was innocent. Intellect & negotiation aside, they have centuries to study the ins and outs of law. Salarians might be trickier, but I can't imagine a better expert than an Asari lawyer.

thosta

May 4, 2009
Krogan! Nothing is more convincing than your lawyer ripping the limbs off the prosecutor and beating the judge into submission for an acquittal! Assuming the judge survives the beatings of course.

Winfrid

Oct 21, 2008
Serious answer, Salarian

Otherwise, Harbringer

"In light of this evidence, I must find the defendant Mr Winfrid guASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL"
"DIRECT INTERVENTION IS NECCESSARY, YOU HAVE FAILED, I AM RELEASING THIS FORM"

awesome

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
A salarian as he would respond quickly, probably even before the human prosecutor knows what he's going to say.

Sargey

Jul 13, 2010
I'd probably go with an Asari lawyer - they're very professional and although the Turian's are also a good choice, the Asari seem like my best choice.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
oplinger said:
Krogan.

No people, no problem.
exactly a big ass gun and some explosives > greater than sitting in court for weeks at a time. then you could go out sdo some fun stuff like blow things up and shoot it. i am shocked sade4ned and disturbed that my favorite race is not included on the list.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
Asari deffinately. They're diplomatic, have a good reputation on the Citadel and of course they live hundreds of years, so imagine having a lawyer defending you who has seen tens of thousands of cases and can recite the laws of multiple cultures backwards.

If I can't do Asari then Salarian, simply because they are also an intellectually motivated race.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
A Salarian, I think. If their spy core is any indication, a Salarian lawyer would be able to flawlessly forge evidence in my favor, blackmail the judge, jury, and prosecution, bug the other guy's room and when he's found out accuse the opposition of falsifying evidence in order to drum up additonal greviances, and then produce some actual genuine arguments in my favor. The best part is, if my opponent hired a Salarian as well, my guy could just move on to bigger and better things while I and an Asari lawyer stalled the legal proceedings until the prosecutor dropped dead.

Cakeaddict

Sep 14, 2010
Asari I think since they are the most diplomatic.
I would love to see a Krogan lawyer in action though, the mere sight of a krogan in suit would bring tears to my eyes, of laughter.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
I'd go volus. They seem to be cowards with no actual backbone, with little morals and are in general lying scheming rats...sounds like a lawyer to me!

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Salarian or Hannar would totally kick ass. I am sure I do not need to say why.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
I believe the game mentions asari lawyers at some point. So probably them.

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
I guess I'd pick Asari, since they are the most diplomatic of races, but they are also the most patient ones, so I'm kinda wary of them because of that.