Poll: Mass Effect... Movie?? Can it be TRUE??

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
If a Mass Effect film is made I would want it to be CGI with the original voice actors from the game playing their characters again. I also think the writer for Mass Effect should be the one to write the story and the script movie as well.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I hope the movie dies, especially if they are planning on making it about Shepard. If that's the case, then I will deny it ever existed.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Can there be a "Live action and 2D" option? If so I vote that. I also vote prequel that takes place during the first contact war and ends with the fall of Shanxi. Next movie is the Liberation of Shanxi and the third one is the mission where Saren and Admiral Anderson first met.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I imagine it'd be a CGI affair, I can't imagine something like ME translating well to live action. Therefore, it'll likely have the same voice actor.

So, considering how much I hate the sound of the male VA, and the likelihood that a film would star him over FemShep, I'm not that excited, really.

Unless, of course, I'm wrong, and they use FemShep for some reason. In which case, it can't come quick enough.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Yes because the Bioshock and Halo movies did so well... oh wait.

I'm doubtful if it will happen and will continue to be until I see something solid like a trailer. Announcements and plans and beginning production just fall through so often.

If it gets made, it will have a male lead (due to ingrained sexism and male being the default) and either be entirely CGI or be mostly CGI (like your Green Lantern and your Avatar). It could make a decent movie but its need to gut 80% of the first game and present only a truncated version of the main story line or come up with a new story. Either way people will ***** and its unlikely the game writers will write the script meaning that it will probably be a mess (it took them one game just to get the kinks worked out and that was more practice then one messily movie). If the gods were willing and the stars lined up just so though it might be good though.

I don't see why people get so excited about game movies. Until proven otherwise, its best to assume they suck since all previous titles have sucked yet people immediately go into fangasm about how great it will be.

Edit: Ah yes, the "mass effect movie." A supposed movie being made about the Mass Effect video game series that won't suck. We have dismissed this claim.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
If it were to happen it would have to be VERY different from the games. The whole mythos of setting your characters looks, abilities, history, attitude and decisions to your personal preference would be impossible in a movie.

Still, generic action flick set in the Mass Effect universe? I could get on board with that. I wouldn't love it in the same way I love the games, but it could be fun.