Poll: Mayonaka TV = Persona 4 related countdown?

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/

Recently (as in, within the last few hours), this viral website sprung up. So far, only really 4chan and the Japanese Persona forums have been discussing it. It's most likely a viral for something to do with Persona 4, judging by the name (Mayoaka means Midnight, and "Mayonaka TV" was a musical track in the game, used in Midnight Channel-related cutscenes) and the fact it's a TV with a yellow screen. TV's being a main feature of the game, and yellow being a key colour throughout the whole game.
Also, the countdown is set to finish at midnight (Japanese time), the time of midnight being featured a lot in the anime due to the whole "midnight channel" thing.

Most places are speculating it's Persona 4 Portable (like Persona 3 Portable, which came out a while back) or a Persona 4 related spin-off, or an anime. It's probably official, as a link in the websites coding links back to Adobe's Marketing page, so I doubt it's a hoax.

Was wondering if anyone had any input on this/opinion/ideas?

EDIT:

I just realised that in the game, Persona 4 starts on 2011, April 11th, the date the countdown is set to hit. Maybe it is nothing but a fun-stunt from ATLAS afterall.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
I'm hoping it's P4P.

...because I really need to play more SMT games, especially the Persona series. And it being on PSP would be nice.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
A Persona 4 anime or Persona 4 Portable. I wouldn't watch the former, but I'd jump on the latter.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
I just realised that in the game, Persona 4 starts on 2011, April 11th, the date the countdown is set to hit. Maybe it is nothing but a fun-stunt from ATLAS afterall.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I'd hope it's an anime for the simple reason that I haven't got a clue what Persona is, but I've heard good things about it.

ultrapowerpie

Feb 22, 2011
Oh finally, another update from Atlus about the Persona series. I'm hoping for Persona 5, but hey, Persona 4 Portable would be nice too.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Could mean any number of things, but the first and foremost thing I'd want to see is Persona 5. I'm not entirely certain I'd want to see a P4P. I haven't bought P3P yet, so my opinions are on the fence about the idea. Really, all of these ideas would be great, so I guess I'll have to see what's up.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I would love P4P assuming it has a FemM(even better if you can have a lovers relationship with Yukiko and Chie) or an anime to make up for the disappointment that was Trinity Souls.Though if it was P5 I may just jizz myself.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Could mean any number of things, but the first and foremost thing I'd want to see is Persona 5. I'm not entirely certain I'd want to see a P4P. I haven't bought P3P yet, so my opinions are on the fence about the idea. Really, all of these ideas would be great, so I guess I'll have to see what's up.
P3P blew the original P3 out of the water. You should give it a try.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
FalloutJack said:
P3P blew the original P3 out of the water. You should give it a try.
To be fair, I have FES and P3P does not have its features, so there has been legitimate reason to basically falter. (However, I HAVE heard good things.)

FatherSpleen

Oct 17, 2009
I don't think this is for Persona 5, at all. This countdown would be completely different, reflecting the themes of P5.
I really hope it's some kind of Persona 4 side story game, but it's probably for a P4P sort of release.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
I think/hope it is a Persona for 3DS as one has already been announced.

Whatever it is, probably P4P, I'm getting it... just hope it gets to the UK.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
Adam28 said:
Whatever it is, probably P4P, I'm getting it... just hope it gets to the UK.
Same, same. I don't get why SMT games take so long to come out over here...

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I said it before...

Persona 4
'JRPG Swan song of the PS2'.

Persona 4 Portable
'JRPG Swan song of the PSP'.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
An anime, probably done right this time, where Ken won't look like a monguloid.

Oh wait, this is Persona 4, so it'll be an anime where Lelouch and Suzaku have sexual tension and Yuri Lowell has trouble confronting his hobbies and his view on gender roles.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
A Persona 4 anime or Persona 4 Portable. I wouldn't watch the former, but I'd jump on the latter.
You've seen Trinity Soul too, hunh?

Thats awesome as hell, but I'd say it would be P4P. Just cause P3P started it (not that it wasnt a great game. Just meant that people didnt have to draw more genderswap, and it gave Atlus a boat load more money.

mentalkitty789

Dec 30, 2010
I have to admit when I first saw it, it creeped me out a bit. Then again I had just woken up when I saw it. Personally I have no idea what it is for, or what it is about. All I know is I want to see what is there when that timer ticks out...