Poll: Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Who's your money on?

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Saturday is the day of the biggest fight in a decade Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Both have held the title of best pound for pound boxer, so its going to good one. Personally my money is on Pacquiao, he is the younger man and with, according to Ricky Hatton, the harder punch. Mayweather has a great defence but what the Pacman can get through is going to wear down Mayweather more.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Pacquiao. He's a better boxer. I never really cared for Mayweather, he's just a giant asshole. Although, I'd be way more excited if this fight was about 5 years ago when they were in their prime.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Kenbo Slice said:
Pacquiao. He's a better boxer. I never really cared for Mayweather, he's just a giant asshole. Although, I'd be way more excited if this fight was about 5 years ago when they were in their prime.
Yeah that would be up there with Ali V Foreman or Ali V Frazier fights, a real clash of the titans. I'm not Mayweather's biggest fan but his record speaks for itself.

SnakeTrousers

Dec 30, 2013
I only watch boxing occasionally (almost never) so I couldn't give an educated opinion but the way I had it explained to me made it sound like Pacquiao'll probably win. I guess Mayweather has a good record so far but I'm told a lot of that has to do with him being very picky with his fights and he's been avoiding this one for a while.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Note: I know nothing of boxing so take everything I have to say about everything with a grain of salt. I am literally going off of only what I've heard from The Power Trip (a morning sports station here in Minnesota).

Mayweather beats the shit out of women [http://grantland.com/features/floyd-mayweather-pacquiao-domestic-violence-allegations/]. Pacquiao loves karaoke.

I don't know if he will or should win, but I want Pacquiao to beat the hell out of Mayweather. It's a lot harder beating on another man your size rather than a girl, eh Mayweather?

R.K. Meades

Oct 1, 2014
The first 2-3 rounds are crucial. If Pacquiao can break that guard a few times - pin Mayweather against the ropes and really put something on him - then he is giving himself a legitimate chance to win. On the other hand, if Floyd is allowed to dictate the pace of the fight, he'll be able to coast as yet another opponent chases a knockout.

Kenbo Slice said:
Pacquiao. He's a better boxer.
Not from a technical standpoint. Mayweather is an elite defensive boxer, while Pacquiao can swing like a starving wildcat once he gets worked up-- the main knock on Floyd is that he is more than happy to fight for a points decision. Let's see if Manny established better habits in training camp, as that uppercut is nasty.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
R.K. Meades said:
The first 2-3 rounds are crucial. If Pacquiao can break that guard a few times - pin Mayweather against the ropes and really put something on him - then he is giving himself a legitimate chance to win. On the other hand, if Floyd is allowed to dictate the pace of the fight, he'll be able to coast as yet another opponent chases a knockout.
I agree Pacquiao needs to get a points lead in the early rounds and make Mayweather chase the points. Mayweather knows how to deal with a puncher, his fight with Hatton is the prime example. He will just sit behind his guard all day unless Pacquiao gets in early.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
As a Filipino, it is my civic duty to vote for Pacquiao. Not to mention that Mayweather is an arrogant twat.

BTW, just wanted to say that nothing sounds funnier than Westerners trying to pronounce Manny's name.

Nov 28, 2007
Bob_McMillan said:
As a Filipino, it is my civic duty to vote for Pacquiao. Not to mention that Mayweather is an arrogant twat.

BTW, just wanted to say that nothing sounds funnier than Westerners trying to pronounce Manny's name.
How is it pronounced? I always heard it pronounced "pack-EE-ow".

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Its going to be close and Mayweather has so much more to lose so most of the attention will be on him.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Mayweather is a terrible person (and in addition to all the actual terrible stuff, he's buddies with Bieber) so I'm rooting for Packy.

Go Packers!