Poll: Me and my cousin are curious do people under 27 know their social security number offhand?

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I'm sadly disqualified for being 27 going on 28. But I learned it back when I was 16 or 17, so I DID know it when I WAS under 27.

Edit: Along the same lines, what about your Driver's License Number (Or your State License Number)? I learned that back when I was 15 because, for some odd reason, I remembered that the very first time after reading it...

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Completely memorized. I've known mine since I was a teenager since I got really annoyed at having to call my dad every time I needed something related to it.

Though I admit sometimes I have to take a moment before I'm sure I'm thinking of the correct numbers.

LackofCertainty

Apr 14, 2009
When I read this question, I mumbled off a series of numbers and was fairly certain I'd gotten my SS number wrong. Dug out my SS card, and it turns out I actually got it right. Yay me.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
DugMachine said:
Why 27? Such an oddly specific age. I've known my SSN since I was 17, 27 now.
I was going to say the same thing.

I just turned 27 about three weeks ago. I've known my SS number for some time now. As people are saying, you pretty much need to memorize it for college paperwork and any other business you do where people need to know if you are who you say you are.

I use to have my debit card number memorized, but ever since I've had the long fiasco in the past year and a half of me having to get it replaced twice, it is getting hard to remember my new numbers.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Yup.

I practically memorized it because of how many times I had to write that down for college.

madkill

Mar 10, 2008
Yes.

You usually should get used to remembering it before you go for your first part/full-time job.

But I have come across those above 27 who haven't bothered to memorize it, those people also come across as the retards of society too.

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
ECasThat said:
warrcry13 said:
Alright do you know your social security number without looking at it up or whatever? We are curious. Don't ask how this came up we were talking, and I said I didn't know mine offhand and I made a comment like I think most people under 27 don't know theirs. Please only vote if you are 27 and under.
Don't, don't everybody know their SS? I mean it's the date of your birth and 4 random numbers (last of which is even if you are born a girl and uneven if your born a boy) it's not that hard. (is it different in the states?)

to answer your question, yes I do know my SS and I'm only 20

CAPTCHA says: be careful
indeed CAPTCHA, indeed.
Doesn't work like that in United States. Well at least mine doesn't work like that.

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
Also I agree 27 is a weird number to stop it at so alright ill bump it up to 30 and younger now. Just to shovel more disappointment upon my head. Guess I better get to learning mine real quick.