Poll: ME3 - Aren't You Guys Rather Embarressed?

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
A Weakgeek said:
As for game companies making games to entertain us... Doesnt that sound a bit naive to you? Do you not seriously think that Bioware will continue making dissapointing games if they kept selling really well?
It may seem naive, but if I really do stop believing that devs make games to entertain people than I'll have no choice to but stop playing games altogether. I want to believe that someone, somewhere, in this industry is making games because they love an idea, not because they're running out of $100 bills. I hate capitalism sometimes.

A Weakgeek said:
You have a right to complain, but if you really want to defend your rights as a consumer, fight against bad games, bad buissness ethics... You're going to have to talk with your wallet. It doesn't matter what the community says if the next game sells 2,5 million copies aswell.
And that right there is the general problem with boycotting. No matter how hard you resist buying another piece of Bioware, some fanboy consumer is going to lap it up without a second glance and 2.5 million copies will be sold regardless of your actions. Short of going around throwing around pamphlets for a boycot campaign, one more person choosing not buy their product does not put much of a dent in Bioware's profit margins.
I personally think it's better to be more explicit in your objections; letting your voice be heard (eg. complaining) will get their attention better than slightly dropping their income projection graph.

A Weakgeek said:
I used to be able to call myself a bioware fan and I hope there will be a time I can honestly call myself that once again. But for now, the only thing I can do is hope that they make a good, satisfying game, then I will be more than willing to throw my money at them...
And now i feel sympathetic towards you... it always sucks when something you loved is ruined. Maybe try looking at other developers and become their fan? I recommend Irrational Games; Bioshock Infinite is my Ark of the Covenent (without the horrific curse part).

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
SecretNegative said:
No, Bioware didn't betray you, they just had a different vision of what the story needed than you had.
Sorry man, hate to tell you the series original writer Drew Karpyshyn, the guy why initially MADE Mass Effect had nothing to do with 3.

Even worse, the reason the ending of 3 feels so out of touch with the whole game is because Casey Hudsen and Mac Walters wrote it themselves without any input from the rest of the team. This was confirmed by Patrick Weekes, the guy who wrote Tali, Blasto ect. The two of them wrote in in private and and prevented anyone else from reviewing it. In fact if not for Patrick Weekes input, the Normandy would have blow up, and all your squadmates would have died without a single word of closure.

sauce: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/318210/20120322/mass-effect-3-ending-spoilers-bioware-forums.htm

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Ninjafire72 said:
And that right there is the general problem with boycotting. No matter how hard you resist buying another piece of Bioware, some fanboy consumer is going to lap it up without a second glance and 2.5 million copies will be sold regardless of your actions. Short of going around throwing around pamphlets for a boycot campaign, one more person choosing not buy their product does not put much of a dent in Bioware's profit margins.
Now that I think more about it, I think I kind of see where you are coming form. Then again no matter what you do, you do need to have alot of people agreeing with you to be noticed. (Be that boycott or critisism) I guess its a bit of a dilemma, if the developer is willing to change their games for the better then they aren't getting your feedback if you dont buy the game.(Not in a legal way anyways) But if the company is just wanting a quick buck and your complaints are not noted, then you are allowing these people to make more bad games. Now I don't know which bioware is, I guess its up for everyone to decide themselves.

Also, no need to worry about me. I'm still passionate about video games, even many RPGs. I would probably been more understanding from the start, if I was a fan of Mass effect. I'm not really boycotting Bioware either. However I don't buy a game solely on their good reputation anymore either. If they decide to go back to more core RPGs or invent a really original system, I'll be happy to try them out.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
A Weakgeek said:
Now that I think more about it, I think I kind of see where you are coming form. Then again no matter what you do, you do need to have alot of people agreeing with you to be noticed. (Be that boycott or critisism)
True point, that; be it criticism or boycotting, they both need numbers to be successful. But that's the main reason why I support the complaining being done here. I'm no bioware fanatic or ME fan either, but I mean 8 pages in a single thread out of a mountainous pile of more threads... all of them filled with complaints and criticism. If you ask me, this kind of number will actually make a difference.

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Amaror said:
-snip-
You don't buy a game just for the game- play in the same way you don't buy a book, just because of the writing style, and you don't buy a movie, just because the visuals are nice.
-snip-
I actually can appreciate that point and partially agree with it - but legally speaking. You buy a book to read - does it contain words? Yup. Then it's a book, no matter how rubbish some parts are. Does the game actually contain game-play? Then it's a game as far as any legal issues are concerned - nobody was robbed.

I do know what you mean by the point though - but technically that's down to personal preference. Not everyone buys the games for the same reasons. Not everyone bought modern warfare for it's story. I understand that in Mass Effects 3 case the story IS a center-point. But it will never be the actual game-play. The words of the book itself so to speak - these words can be written poorly and in poor choice - but in the end, that book is still a book - even if it's the last in the series and everyone was hoping for some epic conclusion to said series. In the end you DID get what you paid for.
Be pissed off as you like and never buy the books from that author again if you want (metaphorically of course - obviously referring to bio-ware games) - but as I said, people buy a game because they see something they like - in this case a story. Just because that reeled you in, doesn't mean it's the core of what you bought.

Oh and on a final less serious note: Let's be honest here. As many of us DO buy the movies for the good things like story and such. There are plenty of idiots who WILL buy a movie because the fighting scenes are extra shiny and have cool effects. It's sad but true! XD

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Blargh McBlargh said:
samaugsch said:
From what I've heard, Bioware themselves even said that the fans would get the former, but they didn't. It seems the biggest reason they're upset is that they can't trust Bioware anymore (some people here seem to have yet to realize that however).
Yeah, that's essentially what it all boils down to: people feeling betrayed because the ending was nothing like they promised/what people expected (and not in a good way). :/

Bioware have been kinda screwing their long-time fans over the past couple of years, starting with Dragon Age 2 and now this bullshit. =/

The thing is, many of the people who are complaining want to love ME3, but the ending is just so terrible that it retroactively ruins the entire experience.
Come to think of it, this could actually be considered false advertising, which is illegal in most countries.