Poll: ME3 ending DLC(Spoilers are likely)

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I just love how most gamers have gone through 5 stages of grief after the ending. Some faster, some slower.

Denial - that can't be the ending. There has to be more to it than that. This must be some kind of hallucination. Yeah, Shepard is hallucinating.
Anger - what the fuck Bioware?! You fucked me over!
Bargaining - maybe make a DLC ending? Please I will pay for it. Anything but this, please!
Depression - it's pointless. Everything I've worked for throughout the series is ruined. There is no hope.
Acceptance - but maybe it's not that bad. Yeah, it's not that bad. I will just have to find a reason to like it. Yeah, there's a simple explanation to all this. Maybe I'm just stupid to figure it out. But the ending is OK. I don't think Bioware should change it.

When I realized this I decided to stay angry. Fuck you Bioware. I will not accept the ending. PERIOD! I will not PAY for the DLC! PERIOD!

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
StormShaun said:
I won't mind if they make a ending DLC, but I will be more pissed at Bioware if they make us pay for it (EA will demand that we have to pay for it), if its free I will be fine.

I'm just annoyed at the ending, I was expecting better from Bioware....*sigh*, I'm going to play the Jak and Daxter HD collection now, that will surly cheer me up and have a better ending.
Now those games knew how an ending should go.
I loved that game so much, if only they had the HD collection on 360 *sobs*

Im surprised how many people here wouldn't mind paying for a new ending, isn't anyone worried about other games doing this?
As for whether it should be made at all. I don't even think they should release it for free. They chose their endings and many people thought they sucked, they should just leave them as they are, if people hate them then that's Biowares fault for making those endings. They should just leave them as they are.
Im pretty sure it will also annoy anyone who liked the endings too, to have the series end suddenly retconned because of fanrage.

GoddyofAus

Aug 3, 2010
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423/1

^^ Have a read of this. The Bioware community have come up with a theory that works very well, especially if you've read the codex on Indoctrination.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
I request another option: Yes, they should be free, but I would pay for them.
Currently it is 'I SHOULD pay for them' or 'ONLY IF they are free'. But yeah, that.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I would like some epiloges to show how the other characters ended up, but then that should've been on the game right out of the gate.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
I would like some epiloges to show how the other characters ended up, but then that should've been on the game right out of the gate.
that was the point of the stargazers, to show that The Normandy founded a colony and that life continues on in a post-realy world.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Nimcha said:
I surely hope not. In stead, I hope EA/Bioware try to get people to warm up to the current ending, which is actually rather good in my opinion. It surely is incredibly bold to not fall into the trap of ending the series on a high note when the story doesn't call for that.
It's not because the ending is bittersweet; I don't mind bittersweet. It's because the ending was shallow and it made all of your choices over the past three games completely arbitrary.

Also it annoyed me that Garrus and Liara somehow got back onto the Normandy after failing at charging at the portal.

m72_ar

Oct 27, 2010
The ending is bad not because it's not a rainbow and unicorns happy go-lucky type. I'm perfectly fine with an extremely dark and tragic ending but that's not what we get.

The ending is bad because apparently all of the so-called "important decision" you made from ME1 to ME3 means dick. It is not acknowledged in any meaningful way and it does not affect the ending in any manner. We have no idea what happened to the galaxy and everyone else. So basically 30 hours of excellence ruined by the last 10 minutes

Even if I have to pay 15$ for an Ending DLC, I will pre-order that thing the moment they announce it

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
You know... I have a bit of a problem with the wording in this poll.

Personally, I have no problems with DLC in which they fix these endings but the wording;
"Yes and I should pay for them"
and "Yes but only if they are free"

doesn't really leave much room for my position, which is somewhat of a middle ground position.

I am 'definitely' in favor of DLC that adds more 'decent' endings to the game but don't want to 'definitely' have to pay for it.

If they release it for free, then so much the better, but if they charge me for it. I will 'consider' spending money.

(That's basically the reason why I didn't answer the poll.)

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
SajuukKhar said:
that was the point of the stargazers, to show that The Normandy founded a colony and that life continues on in a post-realy world.
There are not enough people on board the Normandy to start a settlement.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Knight Templar said:
SajuukKhar said:
There are not enough people on board the Normandy to start a settlement.
You forget we only see a very small fraction of the total population in the game.

Or did you really thing the ship only had 24 crew members + 12 of your squadmates?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
SajuukKhar said:
You forget we only see a very small fraction of the total population in the game.

Or did you really thing the ship only had 24 crew members + 12 of your squadmates?
I think the Ship doesn't have enough people to create a viable long-term settlement.
No need to be insulting.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Knight Templar said:
I think the Ship doesn't have enough people to create a viable long-term settlement.
No need to be insulting.
Inbreeding, it can go on for a long time, and despite what most tv shows/movies have shown the affects of inbreeding as the deformed ones usually die while the normal looking ones live, it isn't as genetically terrible as they make it out to be in fiction

Though it is still very bad.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Thoric485 said:
Yes.

I want to see how far gaming "journalists" would go to cover EA's ass.
Lol it isn't EA's ass their covering it's Bioware's

despite the conspiracy theories the only thing EA really sets is the release date. All this DLC, the endings, was Bioware through and through.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
You know, I've been reading a lot of what the fans have had to say about these endings... but what about Shepard! What does he have to say about all this? Let's have a listen...

Okay I was just looking for an excuse to post this, thought it was relevant and might lighten everyone up. As for my opinion, I felt emotionally crushed by this ending, but the fact it made me feel that at all is something to think about. They pretty much admitted DLC is on the way after that ending, so let's see what happens.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Casual Shinji said:
The characters aboard the Normandy, sure.

But what about Samara, Miranda, Jack etc? We never see or hear how they ended up.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
If it is free, definitely, if it costs money, well lets be honest here, I would probably do almost anything short of selling my soul to EA to get that ending