Poll: Meeting deadlines

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
What kind of person are you when it comes to deadlines?

Do you complete it extra early to get it out the way?
Do you do it near the deadline, but not last minute?
Do you do it the day before?
Do you hand it in late because you always forget?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I'm starting to get into a bad habit of leaving it until the last minute as I can't seem to motivate myself to do any actual work until the last minute, in which panic sets in and I have it.

This is bad of me, but I really can not motivate myself to do work anymore and it scares me. I have like a month until my final exams start, and I need to do some more work but I can't bring myself to. Even if I rid myself of all distractions I get so bored I end up daydreaming and losing an hour from my 75 minute time limit I need for these questions. I wasn't always like this, but now I am, and I can't for the life of me think why. Nothing has changed about me personality wise, and my social life with friends has stayed the same, but I am in such a constant state of procrastination that I'm starting to think I need some help.

No Calumon because I'm making unsubtle gestures towards the community to give me advice.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Very very last minute.
Sometimes literally the minute before it's due to be handed in.

I pretty much can't do work until the last possible moment, even if i try doing it way before the deadline, it's a waste of time.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Jack and Calumon said:
I'm starting to get into a bad habit of leaving it until the last minute as I can't seem to motivate myself to do any actual work until the last minute, in which panic sets in and I have it.

This is bad of me, but I really can not motivate myself to do work anymore and it scares me. I have like a month until my final exams start, and I need to do some more work but I can't bring myself to. Even if I rid myself of all distractions I get so bored I end up daydreaming and losing an hour from my 75 minute time limit I need for these questions. I wasn't always like this, but now I am, and I can't for the life of me think why. Nothing has changed about me personality wise, and my social life with friends has stayed the same, but I am in such a constant state of procrastination that I'm starting to think I need some help.

No Calumon because I'm making unsubtle gestures towards the community to give me advice.
I quoted you to point out it must be bad if there was no Calumon.

I'm going through much the same you are. I tend to shame myself into working. Another (particularly nerdy) thing would be to role-play it in your head that your revision is something more interesting than it actually is.

I'm going back to college tomorrow, now Easter Holidays are done, and I'm going to suggest to my two close friends in psychology that we start getting together on our breaks to revise.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Meeting deadlines... that's funny.

goes back to playing minecraft while sociology report waits uncompleted. due in 3 days...

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I tend to come up with all the ideas really early on so why i don't just write my papers and do my assignments then and there i don't even understand myself...

So usually i end up having to do all my work the day before. So i just got done writing an annotated bibliography, and now i've got an examination poem also for tomorrow.

Procrastination usually ends up kicking my sleeping pattern in the teeth, but today it seems i'm actually gonna be done in good time. Maybe i'll make that a habit >_>

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Near the deadline. I don't really do a bit of work now and then, I'm more productive if I set aside a big hunk of time to get things done in a couple of sittings. I have to focus and make sure I stick to the plan, but it's worked very well for me.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yup I was the extra early type during my time in University.
Once I was given the assigment I either head back to my flat to get a start on it prompto or hanging out with my mates first when lesson was over and then head back to my flat to get a start on it.
The casue of it was pretty much this was when I bought Guild Wars which I became addicted to. Granted my work didn't suffer however I would of gotten better marks if I spend the remaining time polishing my work more than playing the game.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Totally depends what it is. For most work I'll generally spend the first half of the time procrastinating & reading up a bit about the subject, then the second half finishing it off. This doesn't apply to huge projects (which I start right away generally) or small pieces of work (which are left to the last day).

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I start it early but finish it nearer the deadline. I don't leave it till the last minute just in case there's a problem (which, when i was at uni, happened every now and then) but it was in when it needed to be

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I vary between doing it early, and leaving it for a while. I used to always leave it to the very last minute, but fortunately I'm getting out of that habit now that I'm in college.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Week before Spring Break I was given a project to do for science. Almost three weeks later, it's almost due and I still haven't started. That should give you enough of an idea.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
My assignments are due in like 10 hours, only just started today :3

PLENTY OF TIME!

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Very last minute for me. Hell, I'm putting off work for college as I type this.

I just can't seem to find the motivation unless I feel the pressure of a looming deadline.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
Last minute, usually the day before. I need the stress of an impending failure to push me to work.

Coincidentally, I'm waiting out an assignment right now.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Where's the option for forgetting, and ending up not doing it at all? Because that (combined with extreme procrastination) is the reason for me failing several classes in school at the moment. And in the past. D:

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
I love deadlines...

I enjoy the whooshing noise they make when they fly past me...