Poll: Men only subject - do you shave?

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Do you shave or let it grow freely?

I shave but only when it grows too much but I rarely shave it all completely. I always leave a bit hair on my face, it makes me feel a bit more manly for some reason.

What about you all?

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I shave about once a week (completely) unless I'm making a beard.
In that case, shaving waits until I'm satisfied.

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
NightmareExpress said:
I shave about once a week (completely) unless I'm making a beard.
In that case, shaving waits until I'm satisfied.
I see. And what tools do you use to shave? A shaving machine or razor?

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I am currently sporting a moustache and goatee combination, and the rest is as clean shaven as I can get it each morning.

Dec 14, 2009
While I'm at work, I shave fortnightly (it's not a particualry formal job, otherwise it would be weekly).

When I'm not at work, I don't bother shaving until a social event whereby formal attire is required.

I use a razor.

Rocking some manly stubble at the moment, although I'll be shaving it at the end of this week.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I shave every few days.

I like myself with a bit of stubble or a five o'clock shadow. I don't look so great clean shaven, not pretty enough for that.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Bamba said:
For the weekly stuff it's always a razor and for the beard I have to bust out the machine.
Otherwise, it would be like hacking at a tree-trunk with a steak knife rather than an axe.
Time saving's a wonderful thing!

Also, I think I'm one of those few lucky ones who have not cut themselves yet.
To the point where I can't see how it happens...lest you get pushed mid "slice".

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
NightmareExpress said:
Bamba said:
For the weekly stuff it's always a razor and for the beard I have to bust out the machine.
Otherwise, it would be like hacking at a tree-trunk with a steak knife rather than an axe.
Time saving's a wonderful thing!

Also, I think I'm one of those few lucky ones who have not cut themselves yet.
To the point where I can't see how it happens...lest you get pushed mid "slice".
I see. Personally I find a machine much more convenient to shave with than a razor. What about you? Do you prefer razor or machine/?

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
I shave with razor but only before dates and formal stuff, otherwise I run around with a semi-beard all the time.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I shave my sideburns and my mustache. I'm planning on growing a long beard from my chin though. I'm still unsure whether I want to keep above my lip shaved or not yet. I don't really shave regularly though, only every now and then.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Alle, die mit uns auf Kaperfahrt fahren müssen Männer mit Bärten sein!

Beards are awesome. Sadly my facial hair grows kinda patchy, so I shave certain areas daily and settle for a Van Dyke.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
There's no option for trimming. I wear a full beard, but never let it grow longer than half an inch.

Rainmaker77

Jan 10, 2012
I shave once a week using an electric razor.

It's pretty sketchy come Friday though. I really need to start shaving daily as it's like trimming a forest come the weekend - it takes forever.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
I shave when i can be bothered.. either to a goatee or completely clean.. if i dont shave ill look like a lost caveman on the prowl!

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Last time I did a clean shave was October, I usually trim down to a stubble about once a month.

I've had pretty much every form of facial hair combination available at some point. The last few years I just let it grow all out until I hack it back to stubble.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I've still got a baby face so I get rid of the pedo 'stache every couple months.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Egg...sactly
I shave when it gets too "out of control" other then that I let it grow freely, out of control is when it looks less like a beard and more like a forest by the way, and even when I do shave it's more of a trim.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I have had a heavy beard since I was a Sophomore in high school. I stopped having any feelings about facial hair being "manly" when I realized that I was going to need to shave regularly for the REST OF MY LIFE. It got real old real quickly being the only one in my group in school who had to shave. Having "5 o'clock shadow" at the age of 15 or 16 was annoying as hell.

I've had a beard at times but haven't worn one in...years and years. I have a goatee now and use an electric trimmer to keep it trimmed neatly.

I try to shave every day or every other day because the itching starts early on me if I don't. I use disposable razors because I've never found any electric razors that shaved as close as a razor. My beard's heavy enough that electric razors don't do very well. I wish they did. *sighs*

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I'm Chinese...

And I say that as though it should be justification enough. Chinese guys, for the most part, just cannot do beards. I do stubble OK, since I get five-o'clock shadow at midday and it isn't wholly atrocious. So I just try to keep it that way. Doesn't matter, though, since I'm too lazy to shave more than once a week. Hell, I took my passport photo after having not shaved for more than a week and a half and I looked like a freakin' triad... -_-