Poll: Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, or Megadeth?

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
I agree with your order, but only because I lost all respect for Metallica when they sold out and went to shat. Their latest is the best they have produced in years. Though I dont even consider these the " top" 4 though, they are more like the mainstream "Brittany Spears of metal". I would rather listen to Lamb of god, Glass Casket, Mushroom head, Godsmack, Hatebreed or Disturbed.. than those for the most part..

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
I agree with your order, but only because I lost all respect for Metallica when they sold out and went to shat. Their latest is the best they have produced in years. Though I dont even consider these the " top" 4 though, they are more like the mainstream "Brittany Spears of metal". I would rather listen to Lamb of god, Glass Casket, Mushroom head, Godsmack, Hatebreed or disturbed.. than those for the most part..
Hahahahah Lamb of God?! The One Hit Wonder!?

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
I agree with your order, but only because I lost all respect for Metallica when they sold out and went to shat. Their latest is the best they have produced in years. Though I dont even consider these the " top" 4 though, they are more like the mainstream "Brittany Spears of metal". I would rather listen to Lamb of god, Glass Casket, Mushroom head, Godsmack, Hatebreed or disturbed.. than those for the most part..
WTH are you talking about?! Most of their shat is better than most of Metallica's shat. You must have banged your head one too many times, you seem to be confused. :)

Maybe you just need them to slow it down for you to be able to keep up grandpa. :p

Becomin one of those old men yellin' at the youngin's to git off yer lawn and tell them to take their beer cans wit 'em. XD

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
WTH are you talking about?! Most of their shat is better than most of Metallica's shat. You must have banged your head one too many times, you seem to be confused. :)

Maybe you just need them to slow it down for you to be able to keep up grandpa. :p

Becomin one of those old men yellin' at the youngin's to git off yer lawn and tell them to take their beer cans wit 'em. XD
Pfft I listen to other stuff that is not the mainstream big 4 either, and these tunes are faster than the devil on crack!!!

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Metallica, easily. I mean, Master of Puppets and Ride the Ligthning.
Hell, even Load is a pretty good record.

Slayer is pretty good too, but I never cared for Megadeath nor Anthrax.
Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
I agree with your order, but only because I lost all respect for Metallica when they sold out and went to shat. Their latest is the best they have produced in years.
When was that exactly?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Now I am gonna tell you something.

The name Samtemdo8 has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Now this is the stupid part. Each word in the name is the first letter of 8 of the greatest American Thrash Metal Bands:

S-layer
A-nthrax
M-egadeth
T-estament
E-xodus
M-etallica
D-eath Angel
O-verkill

And to my surprise it spells something that almost rhymes with Nintendo :p

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
fenrizz said:

Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
I agree with your order, but only because I lost all respect for Metallica when they sold out and went to shat. Their latest is the best they have produced in years.
When was that exactly?
They went to shat when they cut their hair and started suing their fans for downloading their music.

http://www.thetoptens.com/biggest-sellouts-history-music/
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/metallica-napster-lawsuit/
http://www.vh1.com/news/55111/10-times-lars-ulrich-pissed-everybody-off/

Not sure how anyone could miss that...
They can piss off have no use for those POS. I would rather listen to someone I can respect than that garbage now.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Lil devils x said:
fenrizz said:

Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
When was that exactly?
They went to shat when they cut their hair and started suing their fans for downloading their music.

They can piss off have no use for those POS. I would rather listen to someone I can respect than that garbage now.
And people thought Dave Mustaine was a prick.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've only listened to one Slayer album and I don't know too much about Anthrax so those two are out. Reign in Blood is really great though...

So for me it came down to who out of Metallica and Megadeth are better! As much as I love songs like Creeping Death, The Unforgiven, Damage Inc and Master of Puppets, Megadeth wins out for me. This is because out of everything I've heard by Megadeth, their worst stuff is still miles better than Metallica's worst. Megadeth has never done a St. Anger or a Lulu so for me, they win by default.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
This is pretty easy, actually. It's Slayer. Because if you're talking about Thrash Metal, they're the only ones who are still playing it! Metallica only really had one thrash album, Slayer have close to 20. So there's no question in my mind, really.

So the list goes:
1. Slayer
2. Anthrax
3. Megadeth
4. Metallica

Anthrax still remains my favorite from this list, started off with thrash and then went in a few different directions. The biggest when they lost their first vocalist, but he's back now and they're thrashing it out again with a sound very reminiscent of the old days. Megadeth had their day as well, but after losing Marty they've never quite been the same. RIP was a complete masterpiece though.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Lil devils x said:
fenrizz said:

Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
When was that exactly?

It's not like I missed it, but Metallica has faced accusations of selling out since Ride the Ligthning, so it's not always easy to know wich specific incident people refer to.
That whole Napster fiasco was shit, yeah.
But honestly, that was 15 years ago and I don't really carry a grudge for that long, even if I understand that people might.
And, experimenting with new styles and sounds does not qeual selling out, though this is a pretty common complaint in the metal community.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
fenrizz said:
Lil devils x said:
fenrizz said:

Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MEGADETH!!!
snip
When was that exactly?

It's not like I missed it, but Metallica has faced accusations of selling out since Ride the Ligthning, so it's not always easy to know wich specific incident people refer to.
That whole Napster fiasco was shit, yeah.
But honestly, that was 15 years ago and I don't really carry a grudge for that long, even if I understand that people might.
And, experimenting with new styles and sounds does not qeual selling out, though this is a pretty common complaint in the metal community.
It wasn't that there is a grudge for that long, their music also went to shit after that and was in no way comparable to their early stuff. The "selling out" was the whole "they are too good to let the poor kids listen to their music for free now" shat they continued for quite some time. At one time they didn't care if people recorded their music off the radio, then all of a sudden they want to sue kids who can't afford to buy a CD. They went from being some guys who would give their music away for free to a bunch of creeps obsessed with their own success and wealth and it as never enough. They forgot where they came from.

Loislane

Sep 14, 2016
Not really a huge trash metal fan, so maybe unsurprisingly I'd go with Metallica, since it's the band I've listened the most out of the four

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Anthrax, of course. I was so into them back in the day a long, long time ago when I was like 12-14. Also got their latest, which is... OK I guess. But hardly the same. And where's muh Dan Spitz?

Metallica obviously were pretty excellent too in the Ride The Puppets days. Slayer was never my thing, too edgy and they kind of started the whole hoarse growl arms race. As for Megadeth, eh. Mustaine always sounded a little too whiny for me.

I'm hardly a metal guy these days, though. So don't just take my word for it. Get Spreading the Disease and Among the Living and hear for yourself.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I know I am going to get crucified for saying this. I love hair metal. Def Leppard and Motley Crue Forever! The only problem with this list is that the OP excluded the New Wave of British Metal bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Motorhead.

Out of the four listed, I voted for Metallica. They have the right combination of heavy and accessible. I also like how their sound evolves over the year. Can you say that about the other 3 bands listed? I liked the other 3 bands. I just don't revisit their albums as much as I do with Metallica.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
KissingSunlight said:
I know I am going to get crucified for saying this. I love hair metal. Def Leppard and Motley Crue Forever! The only problem with this list is that the OP excluded the New Wave of British Metal bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Motorhead.

Out of the four listed, I voted for Metallica. They have the right combination of heavy and accessible. I also like how their sound evolves over the year. Can you say that about the other 3 bands listed? I liked the other 3 bands. I just don't revisit their albums as much as I do with Metallica.
I have done a poll of best british heavy metal bands that includes Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Motorhead.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.881085-Poll-Black-Sabbath-Judas-Priest-Iron-Maiden-or-Motorhead

Also hey Hair/Glam Metal bands make look like posers in appearence, but at least their music is enjoyable to listen to: