Poll: Middle Earth - Which race would you be?

thejboy88

Aug 29, 2010
Title says it all. Of all the various races shown in JRR Tolkien's books, which would you choose to be, if you had the choice?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Wizard?

But, yeah, elves are obviously the best otherwise, except for being pretty useless tossers, and sodding off to the west when them other types move in and muck up the neighbourhood.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Hobbit. No contest.

It's really tempting to pick elf, dwarf or man, so you can be a badass who goes on high adventures and such.

But, from what is shown in the movies and told in the books, it just seems like Hobbits lead the most comfortable, peaceful and carefree lives out of all the races, with the possible exception of the elves (whose lives actually seem a little too dull to me). And the thing is, the vast majority of people in Middle Earth are just that, ordinary people. It's unlikely you'd be one of the powerful heroes. You're probably gonna be a regular Joe and it looks like they have a standard of living lower than that of the average Hobbits.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I'm five foot tall, I'm a hobbit.

Suppose I could also be a dwarf, since I like the idea of carrying an axe into battle, though I don't know much about their lady folk?

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I would be a Valar because its good to be a god. Plus the fact I could create Samuel L Jackson and make him a wizard. Evil wouldn't stand a chance

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Hobbit. They spend the whole day paying, talking, reading, eating and drinking. They never have wars either and if they have too they can all rally to fight off outsiders.

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
I'd probably be a dwarf. I would like to think otherwise but let's be serious. With my personality I would probably end up being a dwarf.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Easily Hobbit. The biggest conflicts that tend to enter their lives are family politics and who can grow the biggest melon for the festival or something. I'll take that over being in an isolated human kingdom that could be overrun with orcs for the five hundredth time. Besides, adventuring is not for me. *puts pipe in mouth* Go talk to some other family Gandalf.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
If I could choose, I'd go with the Elves. Lothlorien variety, preferably.

They're just so damn pretty.

Dec 10, 2012
I've always known I would be a dwarf. I spend all day inside, I'm gruff and blunt, I like shiny things, and I look good in a beard. Plus the battle axe has always been my favorite weapon of war.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Elf every time. Live for ages, tall, handsome, athletic, refined, beautiful women, great afinity with nature (which I love to the extened I've two tattoo sleeves of animals such as Eagle, Lions, Owls, Horses, Foxes etc.), talented, like a sing & dance.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Ent.

It takes me an age to do even the simplest of tasks, time is something I mostly ignore, something seriously major has to happen to rile me up and my chances with the lady-folk are as if they didn't even exist.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Eagles, no one can fuck the eagles!

Well ok other than that I would be an Elf so I can be all bishonen looking but at the cost of eating more greens.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
Elves, Dwarves, and Ents are so tied to their natures that they can barely get anything done with out men or wizards manipulating/dragging them along. Valar while powerful also seem too tied to their nature to have much in the way for free will. Orcs are basically just slaves. Men are a bit boring, after all whats the point of choosing a fantasy race if you are just going to chose what you already are, and Hobbits are just an off shoot of Men.
So lets go with Maiar and particularly an Istari.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Of the reasonable choices, definitely an elf.

Otherwise Valar is a bit too obvious a choice...