Poll: Minecraft enviromentalist?

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Are you an industrialist (reshaping the world to fit your goal) or enviromentalist(reshaping only enough to live leaving as much wilderness as possible).

I am an industrialist I cut down whole forests so I can have enough saplings for my tree farms. My forests are all manmade and serve a purpose. Over time I will reshape my whole starting area to please me.

What do you do and why?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Neither.

I built a few things, stopped playing entirely. A fun little timesink.

But I've got 15+ RPGs on my backlog.

I would be an industrialist, though.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I reshape the world to fit my own desired image of it. I level mountains, create great plains in which to build cities, create underwater pit-mines with glass roofs to supply my resource demands. I destroy all so that I can create it anew, a peaceful, beautiful, safe world.
I cultivate my worlds.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Industrialist. Although I do like to keep the areas near my forts nice and tidy.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Well I'm a newbie to the game, but so far I've been both. My main castle cuts though the enviroment where as my Gabcave is built into the mountains.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
An Envrionmentalist. I try to preserve everything I can and often build my structures around nature without having to deforest or dig up an area. I sometimes even go out planting new trees.

Wayward Man

Oct 24, 2010
Full blown hippie, I try to regenerate trees by using their saps and a block of dirt to replace logs lost in creeper explosions, I even live in a treehouse and refuse to mine.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I ocassionally set fire to entire forests. I used to do it when the leaves were bugged and didn't dissapear on their own. Now that that's been fixed I just do it for the hell of it.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Disaster Button said:
An Envrionmentalist. I try to preserve everything I can and often build my structures around nature without having to deforest or dig up an area. I sometimes even go out planting new trees.
I think trees caused me to be an industrialist. The monsters would hide under the trees then attack me. I cut down every forest that is not under my control. As soon as I found out my forest was hiding monsters I set it on fire.

Senrab

Mar 22, 2008
I'm technically a industrialist, but all of my best projects are Dworf fortresses, so they are all deep underground, leaving the surface largely unscathed. Below ground, however, is another story. I do like to create the occasional underpark to decorate a bit.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
mix. I don't go out of my way to chop down trees, except when they block my line of sight. I like to have the area around my forts look a bit natural. I did build an aqueduct and a huge quarry though, so that part of me is industrialist XD

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I've just started my first save, and my humble mountaintop castle is coming along nicely, with it's beautiful view of sunrise over the valley and sunset in the sea.

Damn good, but imaging the sun rising over a glorious city build by my hands alone... Now that's even more glorious.
lvl9000_woot said:
Industrialist

Because I'm not a damn hippie :p
Your avatar fits that title soooo well.

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
I always replant more trees than I cut down, but I've been known to take my diamond shovel and clear out entire areas of dirt/grass mountains in order to build a huge mansion and a town or two.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Both. I always start au naturel, digging a hole into a cliff and adding a door. However, if there's sand, I'll build a sandstone wall. If there's snow, I'll try to build a snow fort. Eventually, I'll create a small cobblestone/sandstone/wooden fortress.

However, I always leave forests standing, only cutting down four or five trees where they're clustered. If there's a ton of trees, I build a tree house. Out of wood.

Once everything is settled, though, the industrialist takes over underground.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
I guess I'm an environmentalist. I pretty much do nothing besides hunt creepers. If only the game kept count of how many I've killed.

Morayman

Oct 3, 2007
a bit of both, i have a pretty cool island map, though i am veering toward industrialist, the giant pyramid that i am currently building is testament to that, thing is enormous and i have had to level mountainsides and burn entire forests to accomodate it.