Poll: Minecraft or Final Fantasy 13-2

Woodscare

of Awesometon
Sep 18, 2009
I have $70 to spend on games and after watching Yogscast play Minecraft, I have some interest in buying it. If I do buy it, I will probably go buy some games on steam on top of it. On the other hand, I want to get preorder the game Final Fantasy 13-2. What do you think?

SanguineScale

Jun 8, 2011
Ok.....This thread is basically asking for an ol-fashioned FF-XIII hatefest..... Getting out before the shitstorm hits....

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Minecraft is a construction game with no point to it unless you have a project in mind. FF13-2 is probably going to be a very cinematic corridor like 13-1.

Get Skyrim.

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Wow, to see XIII-2 doing alright (for now that is.....) is surprising.

I'd say XIII-2 for single player.

But if you have a friend/friends that would like to play mine craft a lot with you then you might want to pick that up.

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
That really depends on what genre you'd like more.

Personally, from a financial standpoint, I'd suggest buying Minecraft first. That way, you'll have Minecraft, and you'll also probably have enough time to earn some more money for Final Fantasy XIII-2 before it comes out next year.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Edd4224 said:
Minecraft and then buy bacon to eat while playing Minecraft.
I'm definitely with this guy.

Minecraft is so ridiculously tasty and I've never been more immersed in an experience than I am with bacon.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
SanguineScale said:
Ok.....This thread is basically asking for an ol-fashioned FF-XIII hatefest..... Getting out before the shitstorm hits....
It's a shame, too. I recently picked up FF XIII, and while it IS very linear, the Paradigm Shift system is actually rather fun and fluid.

Magus44

Aug 26, 2008
Umm. Minecraft.
I don't know your gaming habits, but I would buy minecraft, save the other 55ish bucks for the inevitable Christmas sales that will start soon.
Things like Killing Floor, Terraria, Aquaria, Dungeon Defenders Binding of Issac etc, will probably all be cheap as hell.
Or you could get XIII-2. *cough*

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Minecraft isn't really my kind of game but I can certainly see the appeal for those who are into that sort of thing. FFXIII-2 on the other hand is the sequel to one of the worst RPG's I've ever played, and by all accounts hasn't changed the things I hated most very much (particularly the battle system). And no, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of the worst RPG's I've ever played, and no, that is not an indication that I've either played very few RPG's or just very few bad ones (quite the contrary actually as the genre dominated my gaming life for 15+ years).

If you hadn't included Bacon I would have said Minecraft by default.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
XIII-2 without a doubt. It has a structure and a story to it, all minecraft did for me was fanny about and set fire to trees. Theres also less chance of being caught in a tide of smug with FF.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
If XIII-2 is anything like the prequel, then for the love of god go with Minecraft.
If not, I'd still go with Minecraft just to be safe.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
There's more gameplay in 10 mins of Minecraft, than 2 hours of any of the latest FF installments.

To me that would be a real no brainer.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
1) Minecraft doesn't cost $70
2) FFXIII-2 doesn't have to be bought at full retail price
3) The only thing in common is that they are both games and that is even stretching it
4) ???
5) /Thread