Poll: Mirror's Edge: Is it worth buying for $10 dollars?

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Awesome game and is deifinitely worth more than 10$ so yes, as tons of the others said, its a steal. Get it and dive into the world of free running ass-kicking badassness!

Chicaine

Jun 7, 2010
I got it for christmas a few years back when it came out and i probably would of payed full price for it (well i'd of shopped around or got pre-owned, 'rents probably bought for a ridiculous price from morrisons or something)

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
Ten bucks is basically what it would cost you to rent the game for a console from Blockbuster. Sure, the game is short (I think it's six or seven hours if you can manage to get all the speed run times), but it's worth ten bucks. Also, it never forces you to use a gun. There's an achievement/trophy for never firing a shot and it's not THAT difficult.

Davic

Feb 20, 2009
I liked it. The shooting wasn't poorly executed, it was deliberately more difficult.

My only criticism is that it was relatively short, but for $10.00; that's not even a meal at KFC.

Just a tip: a lot of the time you're "forced" to fight people (the enemies glow red), you can still escape without fighting them anyway.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Uncompetative said:
Some parts are unimaginably frustrating though.

Look at YouTube for some step-by-step video walkthroughs when you get stuck. Because I guarantee you will get stuck.
You too? Am I the only one who had no problem at all with the game's level layout?

And which parts did you find frustrating?

Chapter 8 - Kate (the whole thing).

The worst part of which is the construction area, checkpoint C - with helpful walkthrough commentary but poor video. And finally...

Apologies for the letterboxing.

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
I only got stuck once. And that was only because I thought logically.

There was a situation where I hung off a ledge and I needed to half turnaround and jump off to a higher ledge behind me. Since I could not imagine this working with Earth's gravity, I didn't even try, I just looked up to that ledge and wondered how I might get there.
Once I got used to the idea that Faith defies stupid old Gravity, I never had this problem anymore. Although I'll agree that the construction site was challenging, but in a good way - for me.

I also managed a second walkthrough with very little killing involved. Some enemies you have to fight as part of the story and there was one instance where I needed to get up to a roof and I looked around a lot, the only way was climbing up a pipe. There were 5-6 policemen around and climbing the pipe always took way too long and I got killed, so I had to take them out.
But for the most part, you can really just run past them.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
Yeah definately, it has some good gameplay and great graphics. A tenner is a steal to be honest.

obliviondoll

May 27, 2010
psivamp said:
Ten bucks is basically what it would cost you to rent the game for a console from Blockbuster. Sure, the game is short (I think it's six or seven hours if you can manage to get all the speed run times), but it's worth ten bucks. Also, it never forces you to use a gun. There's an achievement/trophy for never firing a shot and it's not THAT difficult.
Actually you're required to fire at least one shot in the tutorial, and there are four targets you can't break with melee attacks and have to shoot.

The achievement/Trophy (which I got on my first playthrough) is for not killing anyone with a gun.

Back to the topic in question, I'd pay double that and consider it money well spent.