Poll: Mmmm blood!!!

LordLoudmouth

Dec 29, 2009
Ye olde: Ofcourse Dracula style vampires, the ones you see in movies from 1910 to 1940 and in movies where they are in the past.Dress like old times and are basically remnants of ages gone by.Take Van Hellsing, old dracula movies and Castlevania as leverage poinrs in this description.

De modern: You know, the ones that use modern weaponry guns, bazookas etc. Wear modern clothes and behave modernly. Take Hellsing, Blade and Daybreakers for leverage points in this description.

ANIME NOTE: Alucard belongs to De modern.

Also if you prefer Twilight...*loads gun*...we can talk about it later.

Dec 14, 2009
World of Darkness for me, has the best vampires, not stupidly lame (Blade) or sparkly (Twilight) nor are they dusty with age. The Masquerade is a brilliant idea.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'll be frank; unless it's Bram Stoker's Dracula or The one (two! Three! Four! ah ah ah!) and only Count the Count, I prefer de modern.

LordLoudmouth

Dec 29, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Modern, I like the guys from Being Human etc. to Van Helsing and Dracula.

Modern vamps are realistic... old ones often seem B-Movie.
The very first Dracula film (nosferatu) WAS a B-movie of its time

Osalot_TH

Sep 10, 2008
I do like the idea behind the True Blood vampires. Kind of old but growing into a more modern vampire. I mean if they are going to survive they have to change with the times, what else would you do if you were like 500 yrs old right.

Donbett1974

Jan 28, 2009
LordLoudmouth said:
ANIME NOTE: Alucard belongs to De modern.

Also if you prefer Twilight...*loads gun*...we can talk about it later.
How can you say Alucard is De modern when they hint to him being Dracula as Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
LordLoudmouth said:
SirBryghtside said:
Modern, I like the guys from Being Human etc. to Van Helsing and Dracula.

Modern vamps are realistic... old ones often seem B-Movie.
The very first Dracula film (nosferatu) WAS a B-movie of its time
You mean a literal B-movie? That is, the second film in a double-feature?

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I chose De Mordern because I don't feel like wearing a cape and going "I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD URRRRRGH!"

Aslong as I am immortal, forever young, and don't have to kill to satisfy hunger, I'm fine. Although some extra powers would be nice.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I have never really been a big fan of vampires, not since I was a kid who loved "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" anyway. So I choose the Count; he seems cool.

[sub]Well, I do kind of like the surprisingly large sub-genre of lesbian vampires, like Camilla and the Hammer films versions from the 70's.[/sub]

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I like the Angel model (from Buffy). The tormented soul, always trying to do the right thing and every other vamp is evil.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Whenever there is a time that I could be The Count, I will choose The Count, every. time.
ah, ah ah

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
vampires are boring to me now.. unless its Kate Beckinsale and clad in leather.....shes hot..

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Osalot_TH said:
I do like the idea behind the True Blood vampires. Kind of old but growing into a more modern vampire. I mean if they are going to survive they have to change with the times, what else would you do if you were like 500 yrs old right.
I agree. They are a culmination of their past and the current situation. It's an interesting blend.