Poll: Modern Warfare 2: Is "Rush" as bad as camping? Your Views?

jonnymobs

Oct 5, 2009
It is now normal to see at least one player using a "Rush" class (tac.knife,marathon,lightweight/care package) per game

Many speculations have formed over weather "rushing" is as bad as "Camping"

BUT...

if you think about it, rush is the exact opposite of camping.

what do you think?

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Campers are hated because they like to find glitches and just sit there where no one can touch them. If the player is out in plain sight, I don't see anything wrong with that. That's the way the game is supposed to be played.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
they should patch that shit, they uh care package glitch were if you hold the smoke you run around like your on crack. they fix that then I don't care if they want to rush atleast it would be a little fairer.

Dec 14, 2009
Using cover is neither camping or rushing. Rushing is reckless and camping is anti-productive, (unless your guarding something of course.)

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
tbh, you're going to be accused of being one or the other whenever you play. The fact is all's fair in love and war, especially war.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Mcupobob said:
they should patch that shit, they uh care package glitch were if you hold the smoke you run around like your on crack. they fix that then I don't care if they want to rush atleast it would be a little fairer.
Its sucks because they patched it up on the PC version a while ago. not to mention a new infinite care package glitch.

I hate rushing in that game. Mainly because the person is either CP glitching or wielding 1887s.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I hate people stupidly running into buildings without thinking. They die so fucking fast, yes they may get a kill.. but they die more thamn they kill! I always lsoe when playing with them.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Camping is fine in some games. i.e defending bomb sites... etc.
But not in all game types.

Yet rushing, I see no problems with that. In my opinion staying in one place (camping) is only ok if you are a sniper or defender. Camping in any other way requires no skill and is just cheap.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
i admit i have lightweight and marathon on a class, but i have scrambler not commando, thats on my rifle class =) hehe i love scrambler ^_^

but yeh i hate it as well, but i have heard of quite a big patch coming out sometime, they are just addressing them all, then sorting them so they get most of them in on patch which i see as fairly reasonable.

want to kill them? i usually wait till they are mid lunge then knife them ^_^ rather amusing but has to be timed perfectly, did that to the same player 6 times...he hurled abuse and quite hehe i love killing the unfair people in humourers ways ^_^

Hugh Mann

Jan 24, 2010
I dont think so, Rush is a great band and with awesome basslines and original guitar work backed by the greatest percussionist alive, and is far superior to a week in the woods

lasersandbearsohno

Nov 8, 2009
well on ps3 anyways, 187s are patched and the care packages are too, i think anyways, so the running isn't ridiculously terrible to defend against. I mean i find it inconvinient when i hear my claymores trip and before i can turn around i'm dead, but to each his own, runners are dead in maps like derail. i could care less if the other entire team is running as long as i have my spas

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Mcupobob said:
Its sucks because they patched it up on the PC version a while ago. not to mention a new infinite care package glitch.

I hate rushing in that game. Mainly because the person is either CP glitching or wielding 1887s.
I think they fixed the infinite care package glitch on xbox last time I played at a friends I didn't see anyone use it.

evilgrim

Nov 18, 2009
Camping is bad?
I didn't think camping was bad..
I mean they give you a sniper rifle..
What do they expect you to do with it?!

And no.. These "Dirty strategies" can all be stopped.. If you're good..

For example.. Zerg rush.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I dont play MW2 since killing anyone gets you accused of hacking somehow, but based from my experiance in CSS, the only good online shooter I've come across, rushing can be rewarding but comes with its own risks. You can easily get isolated from teamates and taken down, and most switched on players can nail you.

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
There's nothing wrong with killing people while they are unprepared. If you get killed by them it is your fault.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Mcupobob said:
Armored Prayer said:
Mcupobob said:

I think they fixed the infinite care package glitch on xbox last time I played at a friends I didn't see anyone use it.
They did patched it, but there's a new one now.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I have nothing against campers unless they do exploit glitches and your version of "rushers" is the knife class using the care package glitch (which I have not even encountered one). I was thinking a rusher is a person that uses a rush technique (like blitzing) to overwhelm their enemy and that I have nothing against. I just don't like people who exploit a game's technical flaws just so they can have an advantage without advantage in skill.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Camping, as long as it serves a purpose, is okay, rushing with tac-knife is dumb, in fact, IW completely ruined the MP for MW2, they then proceeded to take a piss on everyone that bought teh game for PC and they don't even have the common courtesy of saying "sorry" or cleaning up after themselves, to make it worse, they're refusing the fans to clean up after them too. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.