Poll: Modern Warfare 2: Is "Rush" as bad as camping? Your Views?

ChaosGenesis

Mar 11, 2009
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=260502&p=3829920#p3829920
Patches for:
-sprint speed with package markers
-all infinite package glitches
-1887 range
and others should be in effect on all consoles today.

OT: Nothing wrong with either.
Camping < Check your corners and check your killcams (if applicable not in hardcore)
Rushing < Shotguns. If you die by one you know that's all he's gonna do. Have a shotgun on hand.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
My only problem with rushing is when I see one coming and get a couple of shots into them but still die.I mean if you're running at me and I put 2 rounds into you at close range then you should pretty much be if not killed then at least stopped/knocked back.The super lunge of commando does away with such silly things as bullet impact though

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Baconmonster723 said:
Neither is wrong.

If you are competent then rushers aren't an issue (although they can run over claymores). When they run around with care packages realize they are, be aware. A swift shotgun to the face makes them think twice about running around corners with reckless abandon.

Campers are only bad if you have no skill. The camper simply uses ambush to their advantage, do you think that in war there aren't "campers"? The camper is at a disadvantage because anytime you kill someone they know where you are. I get accused of camping all the time. I don't camp I snipe. Just because I decide to snipe with an M-16 doesn't mean I'm a camper.

Both are strategies that are easy to combat, one with a shotgun and the other with the proper application of high explosives. You just have to play it right. There are many strategies that are formed. But for every strategy of attack there are numerous ways to combat it. People just have to realize this. Adapt or die : P
Could not of said it better myself both are strategies that have been used in gaming since the first online fps and both of them are simple to combat.They dont give the person anything that is overpowered.For campers just check your corners and use cover while for rushers be ready to be attacked whenever your ingame.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Camping, get a noobtube, get more kills then them and then camp yourself. Rushers, SPAS-12 or Model 1887 to the face. No reason to complain, you should of thought of doing it yourself.

Superbeast

Bound up the dead triumphantly!
Jan 7, 2009
DaFunktapus said:
Well I thinks it obvious that when you are playing MW2 that dying is something you try to avoid, what I meant to say, sorry if you misunderstood me, was that I hate dying by campers because its a cheap way to get kills and really should only be a strategy involved in defensive games like sabotage and domination. Even if the camper does not manage to kill me, I still find it annoying that the person was even there to begin with. Snipers have a right to camp obviously because that is the whole point of sniping. Maybe I am wrong about it being unfair since its not against any rules, but if you are good at MW2, why waste your time waiting for some unlucky person to wander into the building you are camping in just to kill him, possibly piss him off, and he spend the rest of the game trying to kill you and make sure you don't get back to that spot you were camping. It's not worth it in my opinion, but I have my point of view and you have yours.
Ah I get you a little more now.

I don't think camping is unfair, but like you I don't think it's a *good* strategy - you get far more kills roving around the map, unless you can camp with a view of something like a 4-route intersection that everyone passes along - in which case camping suddenly becomes a very valid strategy in my eyes and would militarily be referred to as "ambush", and that it's the fault of the other players if they keep dying whilst running down the same area. There's only so many places you can hide after all, and they shouldn't be charging headlong around the map if they're not planning on dying.

In my stint online I got called both a camper and a rusher. I tended to either snipe on the move (set up ambush, aim & kill, move on), and whenever I killed anyone got the "camper" tag - despite never firing from the same location. So I started to play more aggressively with a different class, and would stalk people and use the HUD to head them off and cut them down - usually hiding behind a doorway and shooting them in the back of the head with a shotgun as they ran past. Yet another "camper" tag, even though I had to actively stalk them and work out a route to get ahead of them. So I ran around blindly shooting anything I saw and got labelled a "rusher".

Which is why I think applying labels is a bad thing, and why I don't think that either "campers" or "rushers" are particularly bad, nor are they "unfair" - they can be extremely disadvantageous (camper: targets don't go by, rushers die easily) yet sometimes they can work really well and become valid strategies (rushes - if done right - can get passed snipers easily, camping -sniper or not- in an ambush position is just a good idea).

Hell, if I thought that anything that killed me was "unfair" then I'd stick to playing solely with those without two thumbs (yes, I sucked at the game [comparatively to the e-peens frequently seen online] - but I don't own a PS3/360 and hate PC-FPS so it's no surprise) ;)

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
No it's not unfair at all. I use it and although I do get alot of kills it's rare that I don't also die at least just as much.

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Jesus Christ. If this game is so darn broken why do you people even keep playing it? Or is this just the usual loser whine about camping/sniping/shotguns/RPGs/shooting/whatever is owning you at the moment is lame and noob?

Because to me it seems that if any of these things is as unfair as people claim, it's not the ones using them who suck for exploiting, but the game that is so fricking broken it has fifty million unbalanced game breakers.

So please move on to a better game or stop complaining about a perfectly good one..

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Players who can Rush and Rush well should be respected.

It takes a mix of skill, reactions, foresight, experience and balls (well, maybe not) to play a shooter by charging up to point blank on your enemies.

It's the total opposite of a camper, if a rush player is getting you it's because you were too slow, he earned it and you just have to sharpen up. It's certainly not as cheap as camping.

ps. I love rush plays in CS:S...

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Oh seriously shut up about this shit in MW2
Camping = Playing defensivly
Rushing = Playing offensivly

Camping + Rushing = A fucking war

What next? Don't you just hate those people who kill you with guns that like shoot bullets?

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
you can not even compare that to sitting in a corner waiting for somebody to walk by

modern warfare 2 was more garbage than the first anyway

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
I enjoy camping, especially when I cover a large area of Skidrow or Highrise in MW2. I have actually doing it recently to finish the headshot challenge (which I jsut realized I will have to do again in prestige to actually get anything). It's amusing when my uncle calls me a camper (he was on my team) after I get 17 kills by protecting myself and the inner passage with a sniper. Especially useful against those trying to be vengeful.

Now if others do it, I can't give half a crap because I'll drive them out anyway. I hate when they rush though because my weapons apparently don't kill fast enough or the bullets decide that they are too scary.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Random Bobcat said:
Kinguendo said:
Glitching is a reportable offense.
So...

Please don't try and make it seem like a crime - if there is glitches in SP I will use them, if they are in MP I will use them.

They add another layer of fun in my opinion, for after you've tired normal play. EG Fable II infinite experience, or MW2 "Javelindom", a good laugh.
Like I said, glitching is a reportable offense... do it and get banned, simple.
You arent supposed to do it, hence the option when reporting.

sleeperhit79

Feb 6, 2009
as long as you're not using a glitch everything is fair. I've yet to have a camper kill me several times because the game clearly lets me know where he is so when he kills me I go get him and he dies easy as that. People that complain about campers usually suck and don't know the maps well enough so it's usually on them. This game does a good job of keeping you from dominating anyone but people that aren't as good as you. Whether its airstrikes camping or non glich rushing it's all fair and it can all be beaten but people focus on complaining. Get over it sometimes people will play in a way that isn't good for you so we just need to adapt switch to the sniper rifle and take out the guy on the window and keep pleying.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
It is more defeatable, but the person has:

unlimited sprint
extra fast sprint
faster movements
no fall damage
Halo 2 Sword melee range
invincibility while meleeing

So, yes, its extremely cheap, but...um, it's as bad as camping.