Poll: Modern Warfare 3?

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
I hope there will be MW3. MW2 sold so well that it would be stupid for Infinity Ward not to make it. I just hope that they can make the single player campaign longer and tighten up the story. As for multiplayer, I can't see how they can make it any better than MW2, but hopefully they won't screw it up.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I hope they hire some new writers if they do. The thing is that it could have been so great, but they just didn't polish it enough.

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
A few more things:

How much more mordern can you get?
How many times do you need to attack/get attacked by the middle east and russia?

If you kill the last guy with a handgun in MW1, and with a Knife in MW2, do you kill the guy in MW3 with a belt-grenade un-pin or something? Or perhaps throw a very large shoe at him/her?

I suppose if MW sells, they'll make another one. If it keeps selling they're happy. no matter what anyone says about how much of a wrong step it was. I believe.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I know that they'll make one. And they'll probably make it more expensive and add nothing new. They made so much money on Modern Warfare 2 that they'd have to do something.

I wish they would make a remake of Call of Duty 1 except just improving the graphics without using the crappy new engine.

mchoueiri

Jun 10, 2009
I think they willl COD MW2 is a huge cash cow they need a game that can rake in money like that. Also the story ends with a cliff hanger.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
They probably will but MW2 is the only CoD I care to play or own. I don't like supporting a series that goes on and on and on because it's almost always just more of the same and ultimately is a money grab. I'll check out their upcoming action/adventure game or whatever they're planning if it sounds good in the reviews. But otherwise I'd rather play something else.

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
I think they have burnt themselves out on this one, If they try to keep the same story line nothing is going to really top MW2 so why try.

However money is still green and last I heard IW still like getting it in absurdly large amounts so they will try and make at least 1 more before retiring soap and everyone to the hall of fame and money pile.

Twaddlefish

Nov 16, 2008
I loved the Cold War batshitness of the story. The nukes, the Russians, the shit that doesn't make sense like the bad guy being able to get away with the last two or three missions despite who the fuck he IS.

MW3 better pull out all the stops, that the President is an ex-KGB agent who fires nukes at the nukes in China which nukes nukes nukes nukes nukes nukes...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
It is blatantly obvious from the final scene that there will be another one.

I loved the campaign and hope it's similar but much longer.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
of course they will. take final fantasy. it has a few good games and an icon cos who doesn't like FFVII. however, the lastest ones have been awful, yet Final Fantsy MSJFNYKIIV is the latest in the series. it wont be any good but people will but it. this is the same with MW. if people will but it even if its gonna be the same regurgitated shitso yes there will be a MW3...ande probably a MW87. god help us all.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
MasterKirov said:
Hopefully it won't result in their liquidation - it's been rumoured they're working on a totally non CoD related game.
Activision would be completely nuts to break up the company which brought them the biggest selling game of all time, but they've already fired the CEO's so it's anyones guess what'll happen next..
The CoD franchise is effectively over in my eyes, Treyarch are simply average and Sledgehammer plan on butchering what little there will be left.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I believe Activision has said they want to make near-yearly updates to the franchise.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
If I were a shareholder of Activision I'd be insanely worried. Sales of their "X hero" games are diminishing faster than they can shit them out. Bobby Kotick's plan of "Annualizing" everything may have been a short term boom, but in the long run gamers get bored extremely fast. If Kotick actually knew the first fucking thing about gaming lifestyle he would have caught on to this. Once you hit Shooterman 3 in a series, it's all downhill - people stop fucking caring unless you're a Japanese company for some reason.

I'll at LEAST grant final fantasy that they attempt to change their games up on each iteration. I still feel they're incredibly samey, but I can at spot the differences in gameplay. I find JRPG character to be very, very similar. If Activision doesn't change their course of action (actionvision?) then they're fucked.

Kotick has set Battlecruiser Activision on a full speed course straight into the damn Earth and no one seems to realize it yet because they're all on the party deck getting drunk with hookers. 5 years, I give them 5 years before Activision is ruined providing they don't change their business plan of fucking everyone over and making the same game again and again.

They already have the wraith of the PC crowd on their side. If there is one thing you have to grant the PC crowd no matter how much you hate them, PC gaming, PC elitism, whatever; it's the uncanny ability of the PC gamer to smell bullshit long and far before it starts to arrive by the truckload. By time the truck dumps it's load the PC gamer is long gone.

I guess this just kind of turned into a rant... but I like it!

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
There will be... For so it is written in the prophecies... And I really don't plan on buying it unless it comes with a no sellout guarentee. Sequels are usually cash-cow projects that whore themselves out to line their pockets as thoroughly as possible... personally I believe that MW2 took more consideration to it's own sales than the player, which is a sad, sad thing.

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
Bilbo536 said:
Sassafrass said:
Yes, there will be a new MW.

Yes, it will still be ridiculously over the top in its story and its set-pieces will still be 'Baysplosions', to use the 'kewl' term here.

And yes, I still won't care about the story and what have you.
For it entertains me and that is all I want from my games. That plus the occasional story and atmosphere but I've got FF XIII for the story and Bioshock 1 + 2 for the atmosphere.
Please define the word 'baysplosion' for me. I have no idea what it means and am now quite curious.
OT: Yeah, they're gonna milk this franchise for as long as they can. It's business.
I've played enough CoD games that I doubt I'll buy it. It's all kinda the same now, I may as well just pop in MW 1 and play through it again. Unless they really try to do something different, like have you play as the terrorist and blow up the Statue of Liberty or something. That, I'd buy.
"baybasplosion" Michael bay exsplosion

sirpwnsalot65

Mar 2, 2010
you have got to be kidding me. MW2 was tons of fun. Sure the story was outrageous but so what? i think that i was going to blow my brains out if i saw another WW2 shooter come from the COD series. activison and IW tried something new and i think they acomplished the goal of making a game that was fun, suspensful, and didnt drag on for far too long. Since they no longer have to follow D-Day, Stalingrade, etc. they can create their own story with their own characters, plot, and much more. to play this game and truly enjoy it, i say forget that COD used to be a history series. Just take it as another FPS.