Poll: Most Attractive Accent

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Welsh. Mmmm, dunno why.
I don't really like Irish and I can't stand Scottish. Then again, I don't like Scots in general.
I find French quite nice and sexy, but I can't take them seriously after Micheal McIntyre joking about them :p
I love soothing English accents such as Stephen fry, James May and Simon Prebble.
Japanese accents sometimes make me sex wee happy too. The bloke who voiced Kadaj in the Japanese AC. Mmmm.
American accents are no no :| too whiny in my opinion, but I'm not really used to them.

ShadowStar42

Sep 26, 2008
PurpleLemur said:
... Pfft, I think the Irish accent should be included. They're awesome...
qft. You are an inhuman monster for not including Irish which has been objectively proven in lab studies to be the sexiest accent.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
In the interest of being different, and already in love with a sexy English female accent, I choose french as my next favourite sexy accent, something about a beautiful woman talking in french just makes me want to do ballet. My third choice other then those two would probably be carribean (dependant upon who) some carrebean accents sound like jibberish, while others sound 'sexy latina' as hell.

I find spanish and russian accents too strong and aggressive at times and American accent fluctuates, sometimes incredibly sexy, but quite a bit of the time downright paris-hilton-like........which isn't a good thing ¬_¬

pulse2

May 10, 2008
pulse2 said:
In the interest of being different, and already in love with a sexy English female accent, I choose french as my next favourite sexy accent, something about a beautiful woman talking in french just makes me want to do ballet. My third choice other then those two would probably be carribean (dependant upon who) some carrebean accents sound like jibberish, while others sound 'sexy latina' as hell.

I find spanish and russian accents too strong and aggressive at times and American accent fluctuates, sometimes incredibly sexy, but quite a bit of the time downright paris-hilton-like........which isn't a good thing ¬_¬
Saying that, while the portuguese and spanish accents are rather strong, should a rather angry or secuctive lady talk to me in portuguese or spanish, it will have the opposite effect and become the most attractive accent to me on that list or any list for that matter.

Dr Gonzo

Aug 19, 2009
I used to hef a seuth efriken eksent but neeow oi live in awstralia maaayte.... (i'm so confused..)

Micklet

May 21, 2009
My god, I need to get out of the country more. Irish women arent generally a fan of the Irish accent, hence me not scoring for just about 2 years now:(. I may head out into the world beyond these Irish shores that I love so much.....any takers???? In truth I have the flattest Irish accent ever, Im from Kildare, you know when you mix all the colours together in a paint set and always get a horrid browny purple colour??? Well thats what the Kildare accent is, a mix of all Irish accents put together to make a browny purple accent. Man why couldnt I have been one of the lucky ones and got Liam Neasons accent...

Rant over...OT: I really like the Canadian accent and the Welsh.

SuperChris

Mar 21, 2009
It's so nice to see the well-spoken English accent being popular. I'm the only one that speaks like this amongst my peers, and so I'm often mocked simply because i like "waTer".

Personally, I think the majority of accents are sexy when spoken in just the right way; as a previous poster said, it is more about the accent being "exotic" than anything else. I'm drawn to many guys with an accent different to mine, I've even found myself attracted to people simply because they have a minor lisp. Maybe I'm just really not picky XD

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Sovvolf said:
Being British and a northern twat any sort of accent would do me... I've heard them all, there's a different accent for every city no matter how close... each of them have sub-accents for which part of the town or city and that part can have a sub-accent depending on the street... However I would like an American chick... I think the American accent is cute as far as women go... that or Southern English... not for the accent just because the Big Northern Monkey could show those women what there missing with those Southern Fairies... hahaha good old North vs South... lol I'm just kidding.
You do realize that Americans have a different accent in every city as well?

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
scottish.
not because I have a scottish accent & therefore automatically a wee bit biased...

i do genuinely think that smooth scottish accents can be sexy as hell.
mostly edinburgh & dundee accents. they have such amazing voices.
glaswegian can either be really nice or painful to listen to.

nic364

Nov 19, 2009
I'm fairly sure that in Australia, America, England and here in New Zealand some chicks have very strong accents that a really UNattractive.
Not so so sure about the rest of the world but an educated guess would be yes. (Except for maybe the Spanish, Italian, and French but those are of course known as the romantic languages.)

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
No Scots, eh? Well, I suppose it's a good thing they weren't included, have to give the other people a chance after all.

It's actually kind of tough to nail down an accent by country. After all New Yorkers sound completely different from Cajuns and Texans. In England alone, you can walk to the next burrough (or as I call them, burrahs) and find yourself completely unable to figure out just what the hell that guy said. France also has this issue, with Corsicans and Parisians being very different in their speech. After all, it was originally Napolean Buonaparte not Bonaparte.

That being said, I find the accent of a refined (but not snooty) girl from London incrediously sexy.