Poll: Most Attractive Accent

joshhewer

May 21, 2009
Gaderael said:
Irish/Scottish/Gaelic. So sad they weren't on your list.
Yeah theres alot of accepts across England and all countries so for exampe what english accent, dick van dyke?

Personally I do love the Atlanta accent but many because I miss the american bar maid from Atlanta at my local pub!

SkylerRock

Apr 19, 2009
Furburt said:
PurpleLemur said:
... Pfft, I think the Irish accent should be included. They're awesome...
Aye, we do have nice accents alright. Although a heavy Dublin or Belfast accent can be a bit hard on the ears.
Agree, I live in Tyrone and the general consensus around here is that Belfast has one of the worst accents on the entire planet, it's so... broad.

Freyrproxy

Sep 28, 2008
I'm a sucker for girls with a Scottish accent, with English as a close second.
There is just something about their pronunciation that makes me melt...

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
I think with any accent, you have people who have sexy voices and people who most certainly do not.

I voted American, although I think my boyfriends brilliant accent has made me a little biased :p

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
From that list, definitely Russian and other Eastern European accents. However, they're all beaten by a Welsh accent.

SkylerRock

Apr 19, 2009
Furburt said:
*Snip*

It's so angry too. Try saying 'Would you like some tea?' in a heavy Belfast accent. It sounds like you're about to shoot them.
Think about the accent that the goblin thing had in Hellboy 2... I swear to God the entire cinema erupted in laughter when he spoke. We were just waiting for him to say 'Hay, isle knack yer fuck in.'

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
It's Australian obviously. But why did you put Australian/New Zealand? We speak completly differently

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
cheatking said:
Rachel317 said:
I voted French, but Irish accents get me going ;D
Accents with soft sounds are much more appealing, personally, than guttural ones, like German.
But I think it differs across gender; certain accents sound slimy on men whilst nice on women, and vice versa.

Does anyone find their own accent sexy, or is it always just other accents?

Go PurpleLemur! I have a lecturer at Uni who has a slight Irish accent and it's sexay
Came in to post this, well I don't have an irish lecturer at my uni but I want one now
Which Uni are you at? You should DEFINITELY go and study in Ireland. They're probably all Irish there...lol. Come to Sunderland - a.k.a Mackemland. We also have Canadians and Americans, but the best is definitely the Irish woman. Her middle name's O'Malley, for Christ's sake...how can you get more Irish than that????

BlackKraken

Apr 4, 2009
French, most definitely, and for people choosing English.. have you ever been to England?

I live here and i can safely say it is NOT sexy.

DrTrevelyan

Aug 14, 2009
If I hear a girl with a Scottish accent I think it's adorable. I don't know why. I think it's the way they say vowels.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I guess mine would be...

1.) Scottish (Think of Shirley Manson.)
2.) German (I used to fancy a rather intense German girl.)
3.) Polish (I used to work with a Polish girl and her accent was divine.)
4.) Irish (Think of Christine Bleakley.)

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Irish, scottish, german, the right kind of french (English spoken with a slight french accent), british if the right people use it.

One I will never ever learn to like is english spoken with swahili by someone who can't master english (why no, I wouldn't happen to be in a situation like that these days.../sarcasm)

Xanian

Oct 19, 2009
From what I understand, {I looked at some BS, poorly balanced linguistic report a few years ago,) it depends on what country you are from.

That being said, I have an incurable California accent and I get terribly turned on by Irish and Spanish accents. Irish for their lyrical, sing-song quality and Spanish for its earthy, resonating appeal.

Super Schmexy!