Poll: Most disliked video game genre?

Ultimateslayer

Sep 21, 2008
I never got into stealthgames. I'm just too inpatient for the whole hiding and waiting till the guard has finished his round.
And i really suck at most FPS.

Canadaftw

Apr 24, 2009
Ryuk2 said:
RPG hybrid? JRPG? If yes, then that. I don't know many people playing RTS, so maybe that.
By Rpg hybrid I mean games like fallout 3 or border lands or other mixes of Rpg and another game genre

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I picked sports cuz come on... how can anyone consider that a real game genre? its just a simulation of a real world game

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Canadaftw said:
squid5580 said:
Why isn't sports on that list? I guess it doesn't matter though because this will not end well.
Because sports aren't video games. If your sitting on the couch with a controller in your hands controling someone else and having them do the sport for you then that's not a sport.
He didn't say that sports games are sport. There are games called ''Sport (video) games''. It's genre of games too. (I would call it Sports simulator, but i digress) I don't like to play ''sport games'' on my PC, because it's just stupid. If i wanted to play sport, i would go out to do it. Playing a sport video game is like watching sports on the TV and i can see why people like them, but still i dislike them and would have voted if it had been in this poll.

Canadaftw

Apr 24, 2009
Ryuk2 said:
Canadaftw said:
squid5580 said:
Why isn't sports on that list? I guess it doesn't matter though because this will not end well.
Because sports aren't video games. If your sitting on the couch with a controller in your hands controling someone else and having them do the sport for you then that's not a sport.
He didn't say that sports games are sport. There are games called ''Sport (video) games''. It's genre of games too. (I would call it Sports simulator, but i digress) I don't like to play ''sport games'' on my PC, because it's just stupid. If i wanted to play sport, i would go out to do it. Playing a sport video game is like watching sports on the TV and i can see why people like them, but still i dislike them and would have voted if it had been in this poll.
I did add sports.

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Canadaftw said:
Ryuk2 said:
RPG hybrid? JRPG? If yes, then that. I don't know many people playing RTS, so maybe that.
By Rpg hybrid I mean games like fallout 3 or border lands or other mixes of Rpg and another game genre
Those are RPG shooters, they are like a sub-genre of RPG's. RPG's are about gaining exp and levels to develop your character, some are third person hack & slash, some are first person shooters (with spells and bows instead of guns) and shooters (guns instead of spells and bows). For instance Oblivion is first person and you can shoot with spells and bows, but fallout 3 is the same thing, but replaced with guns. Can you really call them a new genre?

Canadaftw

Apr 24, 2009
Ryuk2 said:
Canadaftw said:
Ryuk2 said:
Those are RPG shooters, they are like a sub-genre of RPG's. RPG's are about gaining exp and levels to develop your character, some are third person hack & slash, some are first person shooters (with spells and bows instead of guns) and shooters (guns instead of spells and bows). For instance Oblivion is first person and you can shoot with spells and bows, but fallout 3 is the same thing, but replaced with guns. Can you really call them a new genre?
I guess not but I don't have room for all of the diffrent types of Rpg mixes.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
I'll say mine down here as it isn't an option in the poll, but I have a strong dislike for multiplayer-centric games. Not MMO's, I haven't yet played one long enough to judge. But I dislike it when the single-player portion of a game is compromised in favor of the multiplayer, as not everyone can play the game multiplayer.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Point and clicks are the worst unless they are done with logical thought and not "moon logic".

JenXXXJen

Mar 11, 2009
FPS's, I can't get into them, and they're ridiculously popular. All that effort could have gone into something better D;

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
FPS. I fail to see the appeal. Sure, it's nice to play a shooting simulator every now and then, but I prefer games which have color schemes that break out of the camo-green and mud-brown color spectrum.

Chaos Bringer

Jul 1, 2009
RPG. Sorry, I just can't get into them. I have a slight ADD problem and cannot concentrate long enough on an RPG. The only one I was able to sit through (but not finish) was Mass Effect.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Sports, because who wants to play a GAME about something you can do safely (and more enjoyably) in real life? And god, even the sports video-games have ads all over the place, it's insane.

ti11man21

Nov 1, 2009
I chose point and click because they are hands down the most boring games you can play. I nearly fell asleep playing monkey island.

Junkle

in the trunkle.
Oct 26, 2009
I don't really hate any genres, but my least favorite are sports and fighters. Neither appeal to me especially.