Poll: Music that needs to Die

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
just ban me said:
rap and hip hop need to go since they aren't really music in the end but just some dude ripping off good music as samples then talking over it half the time, what talent
Actually you missed the boat there by about 25 years. Very few rappers sample these days, blatant sampling isn't really in fashion right now.

Hastur 1993

Oct 3, 2010
The type of music where all they do is make their or someone elses song really high pitched and squeaky to imitate Alvin and the chipmunks, seriously its not clever or good its just painful to listen to, well ether that or anything by soulija boy he is the idiotic king of the trash heap that is the hip hop genre.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
What do you mean by "Achingly insincere acoustic love ballads of the kind frat-boys use to get laid?" I use those to get laid...lol...

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Minimalism, I. fucking. hate. minimalism. I hate it so much I'm willing to use improper grammar to emphasize how much I hate it. I especially dislike the new practice of covering minimalism by putting lyrics over a minimalist beat. We need more romance and neoclassical stuff. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the goddamn bloody baroque era of music.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I'd probably say whatever Gawd awful category that little talentless shit Justin Bieber falls under

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Above all, this:
I have no idea what genre that's supposed to be, but good gods erase it from history.
Iron Lightning said:
Minimalism, I. fucking. hate. minimalism. I hate it so much I'm willing to use improper grammar to emphasize how much I hate it. I especially dislike the new practice of covering minimalism by putting lyrics over a minimalist beat. We need more romance and neoclassical stuff. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the goddamn bloody baroque era of music.
Care to give an example of both?
BonsaiK said:
DreamerM said:
If none of the above, state.
Where's jazz? That music needs to die. Oh wait...
Ohhhh now it's on man! It's on!!

Wistfane

Dec 12, 2007
90% of people in this thread have no formal musical education rendering thier opinions baseless and invalid.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
None. If someone enjoys it then who am I to take it away from them? If no one enjoys it then it won't be last long anyway.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Dubstep -.-

And any shit that talks about drugs and shooting people. It's not cool at all, jackasses.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Where is the 'None' option? Every music has a meaning and a place.

Also, why have you portrayed all that music in a bad way, and I don't see an option for rock music? This poll seems a bit bias to me...

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I voted "Overproduced boring-ass "dance" music consisting of three notes played over and over." but really, bad music adds kind of a flavor to the world, it would be boring to remove it. Good music would get old in the end, you need to mix it up with some shat every once in a while to really appreciate it ^^

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
Metal has to be my answer. I've tried it, but I cant find anything more then deliberately out of time instruments with screaming. If I wanted that, I'd have a kid and give her a piano.

Blood Countess

Oct 22, 2010
BonsaiK said:
just ban me said:
rap and hip hop need to go since they aren't really music in the end but just some dude ripping off good music as samples then talking over it half the time, what talent
Actually you missed the boat there by about 25 years. Very few rappers sample these days, blatant sampling isn't really in fashion right now.
No he is right, they are still doing sampling in rap and hip hop and always will, it's part of the genre though may not be done as much as before

As for the music I hate you failed to have there, Christian rock.It's just horrible music in general

Fridge

Jun 25, 2009
DreamerM said:
State reasons below.

If none of the above, state.
I'm torn between the rap option and the pop option.

I hate that kind of rap/hiphop because its so inane, "look at my rims, I'm so tough, I got your girl" its junvinile. I'm not saying all rap and hiphop is like that because I listen to a fair amount and some is quite clever and thoughtful.
As for pop music I can only relate to the English pop charts, specifically what I had to endure in the charts during the 90's and early 00's. Annoying, childish and meaningless.