Poll: Music that needs to Die

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I like the fact that this poll had the words "The kind of...", thus acknowledging that not all music can be hastily generalized.

On that note, while I'm a fan of rap music, I think we all can do with less of the "dance" or "club bangers", as the term is. But I still will hold the most contempt for... what's that say up there?... "shrill inappropriately sexualized tween pop".

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Wistfane said:
90% of people in this thread have no formal musical education rendering thier opinions baseless and invalid.
And a 100% people in here are merely voicing their opinion, which is valid since it is their right.

Anyway, I'd have to go with the kind of rap that praises gangsters and *****-slapping but hates on the police and sincere people of this world. Not that police are always good guys, but gangsters are NEVER good guys, and I think songs that promote them are sick.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
None. Music is an art form, and taking something out of this art form is almost sinful to me.

No matter how much you hate a genre or a group, it always brings joy to somebody(which is why it exists in the first place)

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
You know what, let's just put a cap on everything. Shut it down, close up shop, we had a good run.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Im sure there are more people who would want any given of these genres to stay, than to be destroyed so..

jamez525

Wasting His Title
Oct 4, 2009
Wistfane said:
90% of people in this thread have no formal musical education rendering thier opinions baseless and invalid.
Seriously? People need to "formal musical education" to be able to form an opinion? I suppose I'm not allowed to dislike films or games because I haven't studied them either...

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Why should we remove a work of art just because we don't agree with it? If there is a genre nobody wants, people would stop buying and it would cease to exist, simple as that. This is just forcing your opinion down others' throats.

alexjones89

Nov 9, 2009
theres certain parts of each i would like to get rid of, but at the end of the day a good song is a good song it doesn't matter about genre.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Swollen Goat said:
None of the above. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean others should be deprived of it.
The right answer comes in the first post.

WakeTheDead1

Jan 27, 2010
personally sick of *cooler than thou* indie bands where everything has to have a *retro vintage, fake geek feel* or its not cool

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Jezzascmezza said:
Hardcore metal.
I just don't understand its appeal.
No such thing.

As many people said, no music NEEDS to die, doesn't matter how much you hate it or despise it. SOMEONE in the world does like it or else it wouldn't exist.

These hate threads really need to stop.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
These fucking remixes over remixes over remixes that one hears in clubs. Man, even songs I do like in these places (and they are not a lot) get destroyed by people without the knowledge of what people dig. Music is about feeling. Not about putting simple computer sounds in the right order...

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I wouldn't, because people might want to get rid of electro/techno which is a genre I really like and would be annoyed to see it fizzle out. Likewise if they really enjoyed heavy metal and I decided to get rid of it, they wouldn't be happy. I don't like the one beat, niche music and would be happy if I didn't have to listen to it again but it's unfair to take it away from people who like it.

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Id dump Bubble Gum Pop, Shitty country music, and the entire hiphop/rap scene since there are only like 4 people actually doing anything of any significance in that genre.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Ha ha, oh man, every single one of those poll options has defined in a nutshell a variety of music I abhor. How could I ever pick just one to go away forever?! This seriously needs to have an "all of the above" option, everything on that poll is needs to go away forever.

In the absence of such an option though I have selected "smug indie hipster rock" because it's intolerably smug as well as annoying and/or awful. The rest of the things on that list might be even worse from a musical standpoint but at least they aren't pretentious and terrible.

C95J said:
Where is the 'None' option? Every music has a meaning and a place.

Also, why have you portrayed all that music in a bad way, and I don't see an option for rock music? This poll seems a bit bias to me...
See, I looked at that list and saw all the qualifiers before the genre names, which led me to believe those poll options aren't describing any genre in a blanket sense. So in other words, when it complains about "Overproduced boring-ass "dance" music consisting of three notes played over and over", that isn't an insinuation that all dance music could be described that way, merely that such dance music exists and is awful (with the unstated possibility that other dance music is actually good and therefore worth listening to).

I could be wrong of course as I'm not the author, but I really don't see a direct attack against genres of music the author doesn't like so much as an attack against far more specific examples of awful music within those genres that the author doesn't like.