Poll: My arguement with an Army guy. Over ODST.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
KarumaK said:
Well hellhole is simple, it is a hole that resembles hell. Of course then one begins to ponder hell itself which depending on personal interpretation could in fact make that a very pleasant place to be but I'd just start rambling over semantics for hours with no real definition.

So you're too important to die Max? Why, what purpose do you serve that cannot be lost?
I house the person that is me.
Nobody before or after me can do that.

Therefore, I am entirely too important to die.
Oh that's all? That's a relief, for a second there I was worried the very fabric of reality rested upon the Reaper's continued existance.

*Alters list*
-Unsafe to kill in bid to conquer world
MaxTheReaper

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Good for you. Cut the stupid ass down. If the game's not that good, then, well, it's not that good. If he's not even being sensible, then way to show him up.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
It assholes like those who give the decent Halo fans (like me) a bad name, thanks for taking him down a notch. The rest of my kind salute your efforts in helping to clean up Halo. Maybe one day we'll have a Halo without guys like that... oh wait, that's Halo Wars, well maybe when ODST and Halo 3 get put on PC. Maybe one day...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
jeeze ... that guy was an ass. You're right but then again, he didn't seem to have an argument anyway; just a troll

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Random argument man said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
Random argument man said:
Wanking the fact that you're part of the army is does not make an argument valid. FOR ANY SUBJECT.

Your friend should make another trip to bootcamp. Maybe he'll learn what does army-fans are rambling me about all the time...
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/4/20/633758071317237740-myhorseisamotorbikeyourargumentisinvalid.jpg
Are you making fun of me or accepting my point?
I am both agreeing, and making fun of your choice of phrase :p

raxer92

Aug 3, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
(This argument is over Xbox Live and with some guy I don't know)
So I was talking with my friends about how they liked ODST (Stayed up all night/skipped school just to play it) and they were like "Its awesome" and such. So then I asked the question "How's the story?" and they said "Great!".

But the real "Argument" started when I said
"I saw a review of it online and all it said was that the story just holds the game together."

So then the army dude gets PISSED! Like seriously angry. He yells

"So what, you gonna believe some stupid fucking gaming site? This story is fucking GREAT!"

I just chip in

"I dunno, Bungie isn't known for great stories. Look at almost any other gaming company for that"

So he gets even angrier (Please note, I have no idea he's in the army at this point)

"FUCK YOU! You don't know SHIT about gaming and is probably a twelve year old who's balls haven't dropped!"

So naturally I went for his maturity.

"Wow, cussing and jokes about my age, great, but I'm fifteen and probably more mature then your stupid fanboy ass."

"Ahahaha! Just talk to my commanding officer *****! Thats right. THE FUCKING ARMY!"

"Dude, your commanding officer would be fucking ASHAMED of you for boasting about being in the army in an argument about videogames."

So I ask of you after this long post, was I right to say this?
I am in no means qualified to state this but i assume that the military teaches some type of rule in bootcamp or something in order to make people like this guy not brag about being in the army, and i also assume that the army has some pretty dumb individuals ( a good percentage, not all of them o_o) which sadly led to this probably

crypt-creature

May 12, 2009
IxionIndustries said:
A lot of them are just douchebags who want to have power and respect.
Respect is not a bad thing, it just depends on how the individual is trying to achieve it amongst their peers.

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
Ridonculous_Ninja said:
MaxTheReaper said:
...It warms my heart to know shining examples of the goodness of humanity like this man are dying for me in some foreign hellhole.

Yes, and you should've said worse.
My Mom thinks that every jerk, thug, creep etc. should be sent into the army and put on the front lines. I sort of agree, they aren't really helping society that much by being idiots in society, but by being idiots in dangerous situations and other people's countries...

We're a nice family! =D

Also:
roogjoog said:
People like the guy he argued with sum up the Halo fanbase, a bunch of idiots.

Only idiots play these games and think the stories are "great".
BEGONE TROLL!

YOU! SHALL NOT! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure that worked, but I did it.
Well played sir. well played. and it has appeared to work.

TsunamiWombat said:
Rule #52. Never argue with trained killers. Ever.
Tell me you are not serious. less than 10% of the army are "trained killers".

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Personally, I love the story in Halo. Having played all the games (save for ODST) and read all the books so far, I know the story inside out and enjoy it immensely. I recognise that it isn't that well writtne, of course, but then again, I like a wide variety of stuff, from Twilight and Dan Brown books (purely as guilty pleasures or holiday reading) to classics like Dickens and the Bronte sisters (which are much better by far). But the Halo story is one that I love.

Nevertheless, you were right OP. You stated an opinion and he disagreed, fine. I disagree with your opinion as well but I'd be happy to engage in a friendly debate/discussion about it arguing pros and cons of the Halo storyline. I would never start yelling and going all fanboy on your ass, as it were. People like that dipshit give fanboys a bad name. An actual fanboy is simply someone who is a massive fan of something, so technically I am a Halo and a Valve fanboy, but I would never argue and yell stupid stuff like that about either. If someone has an opinion then that's fine, provided it is an informed opinion and not simply someone jumping on the love/hate wagon.

So yes, OP, although I disagree with your opinion that is your own thought and hence you are welcome to it. I agree completely with what you said to the guy and completely disagree with him (apart from the great story bit, of course). You were right, he was wrong. That's all there is to it.

Hitman 43

Jun 6, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
I doubt he's in the army. Soldiers have more dicipline than that. I think he was some 16 year old loser who tries to make fun of you when you beat him in Halo or disagree with him over something. There are quite a few insecure idiots like that on Halo Live.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
"I dunno, Bungie isn't known for great stories. Look at almost any other gaming company for that"
So you realised he was a fanboy then you trolled him and now you're here to boast about it and try to make other people react against him. Bravo.

If you're trying to feign some kind of point to this thread than no. "I'm in the army", is just another version of "my dad can beat up your dad"; whether he was in the army or not is irrelevant as fanboys tend to get desperate to drown out criticism. This whole argument of yours amounts to, "I met a fanboy and told him his favourite game had a lousy story, he was offended!".

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Man, I used to play Halo with an army guy and he was chill as all hell. Then again, we never tended to disagree about shit.