Poll: Natal

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
SenseOfTumour said:
I hate to bash an innovative idea ( ok I dont, I thoroughly enjoy it), but it does feel like MS have gone 'hey the wii is doing well, can we turn the 360 into one and get some of their market?', not realising that the wii sells to a certain audience and the 360 to another, and the venn diagram of those two markets is similar to those who order a XL deep pan meat feast in Pizza Hut and ask for a bowl for the salad cart.

Of course if it works brilliantly, and isn't too expensive, it could work and be successful, but I just think, you're doing fine MS, why gamble on trying to take Nintendo's share? Why not try to make more stuff targeted to people that buy XBOX stuff?

Not saying innovation is bad, more that doing what someone else has already done and captured the market in, when you don't fit that market, maybe isn't a great idea, but then hey MS are not exactly near bankruptcy.

EDIT: Now I want to call Pizza Hut...
the thing about their "innovation" is it's the m$ version of "innovation", which means they took an idea from someone else and made a possibly better but probly not version of it, the product in question is the playstation eye

i have noticed everyone has totally missed that the playstation has had a similar product out on the market for several years now and everyone is all up about how great and new this natal is. really it's just a copy of the playstation eye

so we could easily do comparisons on how well something that is very similar to natal actually performs. it's a great gimmick but i don't think it will do that well once it hits the market and reviewers

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Well I have a PS3 so.... and even if a didn't, it looks like it will be horribly limited by arbitrary constrictions.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Based on some of the mini-games I have seen of it in action it looks interesting. I won't get it unless it gets from real support, but that won't stop somebody else in my family from getting it, which will probably happen.

Tich

Aug 13, 2008
I play video games to unwind. Not to stand in front of my TV, which is physicly impossible as the space in front of it has all kinds of stuff in front of it, which I'm too lazy to move anyway.

It'll be "fun for the whole family", but not fun for us regular gamers, who like to mash buttons rather then flail arms.

Phase_9

Oct 18, 2008
Psychosocial said:
Yes. Without a doubt. It looks awesome.

Oh yeah, to all those who are here to bash Natal, you have NOT played it. You DON'T have any proof of that it won't work. You are a troll. Of course, I have not either. But I'm not the bashing one.
But you just bashed an entire group of people in an incredibly aggressive and inflammatory way that could start a fight.

ZP---Fanatic

Dec 29, 2008
Psychosocial said:

Oh yeah, to all those who are here to bash Natal, you have NOT played it. You DON'T have any proof of that it won't work. You are a troll. Of course, I have not either. But I'm not the bashing one.
said it all :.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Yes. It seems like its a fun kind of thing, though I said that with the Wii.

But seeing how I am pretty much an Xbox fanboy, it seems to have more appeal.

Plus, I can finally get a work out from doing something that's actually entertainment.

(And, Bungie has confirmed Halo: Reach will have some Natal functionality. Yay!)

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
I'll have to see what they do with it. These guys think differently than Miyamoto and Iwata, so they could do something much different, but if it ends up being another Wii, no thanks, I don't need another.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Looks like it could be entertaining on some things, but it isn't worth buying a 360 for, in my opinion at least...

brainfreeze215

Feb 5, 2009
Ok for real though, I can't read about this product without thinking it's called natal in reference to infants. I will not be getting it, even if they gave it a good name.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
If the EyeToy says anything, it's that Natal will not be widely supported and will be a waste of money.

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
Axeli said:
I believe it when I see it. A truly immersive motion controller, that is.
apparently there's a rail-shooter-style game at canada's wonderland in toronto, where you stand in a sort of box mapped out in a 3-d grid, which registers every position of your body. you physically have to move your body to hide behind cover, reload, duck, etc. i think the only thing you don't have to do is walk.

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
I like to try everything so yes i'll be getting it. That way i'll know what i'm talking about whilst bitching on the forums.

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
ZP---Fanatic said:
Psychosocial said:

said it all :.
i said that about the wii, too.

i'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but i'm not gonna lose any sleep if it winds up being a shiny turd

smokeybearsb

Feb 2, 2009
j0z said:
I don't have a 360, and it will probably just turn out to be a gimmick. I like my controllers, I don't want to have to move around when I play my games! (Why I don't own a Wii)
It's not like all of a sudden you have to stop using your controllers all at once. I think if I didn't want to play it all the time, then I'd at least enjoy the motion control once in awhile.