Poll: New board game for my group: Zombies!!! or Carcassonne?

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Board-game nights have become a regular occurance now. We usually play Fluxx, Settlers of Catan and Absolute Balderdash, and we occasionally play Articulate and Cluedo. We're yet to play Dominion but we do have it.

We need another board-game and I want to buy either Zombies!!! or Carcassonne. Would particularly love a response from somebody who's played a lot of both but please tell me your stories of either!

And feel free to recommend alternatives if you think they're right for our group.

- Zombies!!! Director's Cut
- Carcassonne

viperthejedi

Jan 19, 2010
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is much better than Zombies!!! imo. Get on that or the Battlestar Galactica game too.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
You should obviously start up Killer Bunnies.

In all seriousness, the last time I played it it was hilariously fun.

Cureacao

Apr 29, 2010
viperthejedi said:
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is much better than Zombies!!! imo.
I second this; not that I have extensive experience with 'Zombies!!!' however.

In answer to your actual question, if you want a good strategy game go Carcassonne. Even the vanilla version is extremely fun although the expansions help make it a ridiculously awesome experience. Also crack out dominion at some point. That has to be one of the greatest games I have ever played (and I've played lots...).

viperthejedi

Jan 19, 2010
Cureacao said:
viperthejedi said:
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is much better than Zombies!!! imo.
I second this; not that I have extensive experience with 'Zombies!!!' however.
Nothing funner than running around as Father Joseph with a chainsaw and God on your side lol. Chainsaw Priest as we like to call him.

Nivag the Owl

Oct 29, 2008
Cureacao said:
Also crack out dominion at some point. That has to be one of the greatest games I have ever played (and I've played lots...).
We've had a few games now. Most of us think it's the best yet :)

Nivag the Owl

Oct 29, 2008
viperthejedi said:
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is much better than Zombies!!! imo. Get on that or the Battlestar Galactica game too.
I've not heard of Last Night on Earth. I have these two specifically on the poll because they both involve placing down a new tile on the board every turn. Is LNoE anything like this?