Poll: New Halo Game Leaked!!??

slackerkuwabara

Mar 12, 2010
Jegsimmons said:
ignoring the fact that its WAY too soon to even have a complete image like that for the next halo game,
it obviously fake.

and on a side note: 343 industries owns the intellectual property to halo and they do not belong to microsoft.
they are partners with them, big difference. also 343 is in a sense "minibungie" because its made of bungie veterans like frank o'connor. so i think it will be at least a year and a half before we get a slight wiff of the next halo game.
No, Microsoft owns the rights to Halo. They created an internal division to oversee all things Halo (aka 343 Industries).

OT:Not sure, it does look kinda of fake though.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Fake, I don't know what it is, but it's not a Halo game. At least it sure as hell doesn't give the impression of one.

Shihan2

Apr 14, 2009
That looks shopped. Even if it was an early prototype the HUD would look similar to the last few games, and the HUD in that pic looks like a pale imitation

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
The image is fake easily because the hud looks photo-shopped on and the font of the compass at the top looks like someone wrote it in MS Word (never seen a game have that unless it's text from a book or a note in the game). But I think they are making another Halo game just because I think MS won't let Halo die without running it into the ground. It is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest money maker they have for the 360.

General_Potatoes

Jun 22, 2009
This pic is fake and gey :p no but seriously Halo is 1st person it wouldn't work out well as a 3rd person. Well to me anyway.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
fozzy360 said:
The rocks look...out of place. There's something about the picture that just seems off, and those damn rocks don't help. Maybe it's just because it's pre-alpha. Anyway, I'm gonna have to say fake for the time being. If it's true, then I'll be very interested to see where 343 takes us.

However, we cannot forget those leaked Reach screenshots from sometime back. Lots of people, myself included, cried fake when they actually turned out to be true. Let's wait and see how this plays out.
The rocks have no depth. The entire image has no depth. It's blurred to the ends of time, and the lighting is wrong. His back is lit up, but his front is not, yet th elight is obviously inf ront of him. The terrain behind the radar is not there, or not as pronounced as it is with the compass. The word build fades out for the last couple letters, where as there is no fade on the other letters. The image is not a rendered 3D environment. It's far too wrong for that.

ShakesZX

Nov 28, 2009
I dunno. It looks a little too perfectly fuzzy in areas of the picture, like there's something there to hide. like a photoshop scar or something...

I vote fake

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
while its no surprise at all that 'no more halo games' is a complete lie, whenever they do make a new halo, i really doubt theyre gonna do anything as radical as make it a TPS. milking a franchise requires not making any 'unsafe' design choices that the fanbase might reject.

screenshot looks fake, realistically would not look anywhere near that good for such an early stage of development...yeah, fake.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
The Rookie Gamer said:
Looks fake, and I hope to god it doesn't turn out to be real. To me, Halo will always be a FPS(Yes, I know it was a RTS, then a TPS, before becoming a FPS)
Halo is an FPS with an RTS spin off, with the FPS being first. And I don't even know where you got the idea that Halo has a TPS.

Or am I missing something?

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Anyone that honestly thought there wouldn't be any more Halo games was delusional. I don't know if it's fake or not, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it, it being a new Halo game, comes out within 2 years.

343 sounds pretty good as a studio. Maybe they'll make an interesting Halo version for once.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Not sure if that's really cause it's got a very fake look to it. The rock on the right just looks pretty textureless and flat. But if it's true:

Eh, really, more Halo? I was burned out on the series after Halo 3, I'm just tired of it. Is there a name for that? Like Halo fatigue or something?

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Vrex360 said:
Also if it turns out to be real then, damn it to hell, I am dissapointed that they didn't make a Halo game about the Elites and the Covenant. We've done the Spartans, done them to death, give the other guys a turn now.
I know man, its insane. Everyone would love a Covie Halo game, but noooo lets do the same thing we've done before, again...again.

Rocket Dog said:
Vrex360 said:
I suspect it's fake, could not be but for now I am uncertain.

Also if it turns out to be real then, damn it to hell, I am dissapointed that they didn't make a Halo game about the Elites and the Covenant. We've done the Spartans, done them to death, give the other guys a turn now.
Not before we play as the Marines, dammit.
Marines have been done before (ODST, which was one of the worst games I've played) and all the Halo games have been from the UNSC point of view so you are basically playing as the marines in a way.

Anyway, if this is actually real than I have a feeling its gonna suck somehow.

Big time.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
ultrachicken said:
The Rookie Gamer said:
Looks fake, and I hope to god it doesn't turn out to be real. To me, Halo will always be a FPS(Yes, I know it was a RTS, then a TPS, before becoming a FPS)
Halo is an FPS with an RTS spin off, with the FPS being first. And I don't even know where you got the idea that Halo has a TPS.

Or am I missing something?
In developement stuff, It was an RTS, similar to Myth, then it was shown to be a TPS.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Is it weird that the only Halo game I've played is the original?

Ontopic, I don't care whether it's legit or not.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
jamradar said:
Am I the one who thinks that it looks a bit like Mass Effect 2?

OT: I'm going to say fake on this one.
No you're not, except it reminded me of the early missions of Mass Effect (when I rented it, good game I guess but wasn't enough).

Fake, fake and FAKE!

mew4ever23 said:
That looks nothing like the HUD for the Halo series. Fake.
It changes a lot but I yes I agree.