Poll: New members a good or bad thing?

Fronken

May 10, 2008
As long as they stick by the rules they are more than welcome, never hurt to have more people IF they are organised and civil.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
you have under 400 posts, and 3 question threads in the first page of the forum.. I think new members is relative.

We wouldn't have gems like this thread if we didn't have new members.

jockslap

May 20, 2008
Altorin said:
you have under 400 posts, and 3 question threads in the first page of the forum.. I think new members is relative.

smartass check my profile, just because i dont have many posts doesnt mean i havent been here for awhile, so screw you and white horse you rode in on, if people really didnt like me making topics, then they wouldnt be commenting on them would they....moron.

[EDIT] you dont even have to check my profile....it says right over there <------ been here for about a year now according to that information, but it could be a lie...

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
jockslap said:
Altorin said:

smartass check my profile, just because i dont have many posts doesnt mean i havent been here for awhile, so screw you and white horse you rode in on, if people really didnt like me making topics, then they wouldnt be commenting on them would they....moron.

[EDIT] you dont even have to check my profile....it says right over there <------ been here for about a year now according to that information, but it could be a lie...
...like a bisexual?

jockslap

May 20, 2008
Paksenarrion said:
jockslap said:
Altorin said:

...like a bisexual?
lovely :)

[EDIT]- im pretty sure that last comment had about 40% too much righteous indignation, sorry :p

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
That's quite alright
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
jockslap said:
Altorin said:

...like a bisexual?

[EDIT]- im pretty sure that last comment had about 40% too much righteous indignation, sorry :p
That's quite alright. My prior comment was 40% confusion and 60% "That sounds funny to me right now" ^_^

jockslap

May 20, 2008
Paksenarrion said:
That's quite alright
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
jockslap said:
Altorin said:

...like a bisexual?

That's quite alright. My prior comment was 40% confusion and 60% "That sounds funny to me right now" ^_^
Im still right about Altorin's comment being kinda dickheaded arent I?

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
That's quite alright
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
jockslap said:
Altorin said:

...like a bisexual?

Oh dear. I wasn't expecting to settle an internet fight. Well, you've both joined the Escapist forum May 2008, and although he joined on the 16th, 4 days doesn't make much of a difference compared to a year.

Unless of course, it's 4 days in labor. Thank goodness both of my kids were a year apart. If I had to stay in labor for 4 days...I don't want to think about it.

This is a little ironic. I joined the forum to forget I was a mom for a few minutes each day and remind myself I'm still a hip gamer. Do they still use the word "hip"? Is that still in?

jockslap

May 20, 2008
Paksenarrion said:
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
That's quite alright
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
jockslap said:
Altorin said:

...like a bisexual?

Oh dear. I wasn't expecting to settle an internet fight. Well, you've both joined the Escapist forum May 2008, and although he joined on the 16th, 4 days doesn't make much of a difference compared to a year.

Unless of course, it's 4 days in labor. Thank goodness both of my kids were a year apart. If I had to stay in labor for 4 days...I don't want to think about it.

This is a little ironic. I joined the forum to forget I was a mom for a few minutes each day and remind myself I'm still a hip gamer. Do they still use the word "hip"? Is that still in?
for the purposes of our parle, id have to say yes, "hip" is still "in"...and i wouldnt have called that an internet fight...more of a freight train of angry...and the only reason it wasnt a fight was probably because he looked at it and realized i was right.

toxic_waster

Nov 17, 2008
yes it is very good, it grows the community, helping make discussions more varied with opinions, anyways, the mods do a great job of filtering the crap that comes through

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
It's a good thing new people are joining.
But I think some of them, some not all, should maybe lurk a bit and learn how the Escapist rolls. No "txt-spk" for one thing, proper use of punctuation and grammar and last but not least: Spelling.

jockslap

May 20, 2008
Ula said:
It's a good thing new people are joining.
But I think some of them, some not all, should maybe lurk a bit and learn how the Escapist rolls. No "txt-spk" for one thing, proper use of punctuation and grammar and last but not least: Spelling.
yaa splling r prtyy importnt

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
I apparently have more kids than I thought.
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
That's quite alright
jockslap said:
Paksenarrion said:
jockslap said:
Altorin said:

...like a bisexual?

for the purposes of our parle, id have to say yes, "hip" is still "in"...and i wouldnt have called that an internet fight...more of a freight train of angry...and the only reason it wasnt a fight was probably because he looked at it and realized i was right.
Let's just say you both drop this argument before I feel like *my* mother. Yes, I know Altorin made an offhand remark that you took offense to, and yes, I know you were only defending your point of view, but please don't call your brother a dickhead.

And before you say that you didn't directly call him that, and it was his comment that seemed dickheaded, I know. I just want you two to get along. So please, please, PLEASE let mommy have her vodka drink in peace!

And no, I don't really drink vodka.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
As a brand new forum member, I'm pretty sure I can't vote for anything other than 'Absolutely'.