Poll: New Vegas: Anyone miss GNR?

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
TheMigrantSoldier said:
skitzo van said:
I like the music better, but the new host doesn't have the same charisma as Three Dog.
They both share the same thing in common. They say the same damn thing again and again. I know it's a video game but really, they can get quite annoying. "A courier made a recovery at goodsprings" dude, that happened 80 in-game days ago. "It's been 2 weeks since the wanderer along with the brotherhood kicked the enclave bastards out!" No, it's been 10 weeks.
I was just annoyed but the old gravely voice the New Vegas guy spoke in, Three Dog made me laugh a little so that's what made me happy.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
mr. new vegas is shitty and smells
bring back three dog
the music is alright though
i have a thing for jingle jangle jingle
and something's gotta give
*sigh*
bow wow

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
I only miss three dog. sure he was annoying but I loved when he called me that fucking defiler of the wastes. all the new songs are tops for me.

Mr Godfrey

Jul 31, 2009
I miss the soundtrack from FA3, but I like the new one just fine (with the exception of Johny Guitar... It's on every channel, I can't escape it!) Also Three Dog. Mr. New Vegas isn't quite the same. I kind of wish they'd just combined the soundtracks, or at least used more music though.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Kadoodle said:
I feel that the game isn't worth buying for 3 reasons:

bugs
No 3 dog/gnr
no railway rifle :(
There IS a gauss rifle. And an orange tesla cannon.

You just need to know where to look.

KangKhan

Sep 15, 2010
The music is cool, but not as catchy. I still sing "Dont Want To set the world on fire". But goddamn. I hate the host. He is just such an annoying puss. All that I love you bullcrap makesme sick, as if he thinks he is talking to his soulmate he's been with for 40 years. Bring back Three Dog. He told the news with a good sense of harshness but also with an amazing clarity and sense of compassion towards the wasteland. He was the friend of the Wastelanders, not it's husband.

DestinyCall

May 5, 2009
I would miss GNR. But with the radio extender mod, I have all the GNR I could ask for ... plus 100 additional new songs from the same era and the original soundtrack from New Vegas. I am not lacking for good original music.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I like Mr. New Vagas because he is voiced by the real Mr. Las Vegas Wayne Newton. Also the only song that I miss from Fallout 3 is Butcher Pete.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Honestly, Three Dog was annoying as hell. I will agree with the poster that stated that Mr New Vegas could have a few more lines to say, but honestly... I prefer listening to him that Three Dog shouting in my ear all the damn time.

Also, the ambient music is from the original games, which by itself is pure win. I mean, I've actually caught myself with the radio off forever... only turning it on in situation where it adds a bit too much to the ambient (I don't like it in Vaults where ghouls will jump at you...)

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I kind of did until I heard Mr. New Vegas say:
I tried to measure my charisma with a vigor testing machine once...the machine burst into flames.

That was enough to sway me to like him.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
I said railway rifle, not gauss rifle. Two separate weapons. I didn't mention tesla cannon, either.

Gauss is pretty cool, though.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
The music in Fallout: New Vegas is fine, even clever. (See my topic for details.) But I do miss Three Dog. He be funny. In replacement, though? I love all the Fallout 2 references.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
I loved listening too GNR in 3 but now I mostly just stick with the somber tunes that the Mojave offers. I love walking the wastes and hearing that Violin come out and make the experience all the better.